ngl I'm getting pretty tilted with the amount of keys recently.

(Inb4 "Just bring franklins 4head")

Been a lot of key gamers recently since the mori nerf, probably since they know keys will be nerfed soon and that the mori nerf was a massive red flag. Maybe they should've been changed at the same time to avoid this exact issue happening.

Anyway, I've seen quite the varying playstyles with them. I've seen people get a 3 man escape out of a 3 gen with a key they've got from a chest with NO chest perks.

I've seen somebody literally let their 2 teammates die on hook for BOTH stages and get out for free with a key.

And finally I've seen the people who are so bad at the game that they don't even get to use the key in the first place.

So, this begs the question, when keys are changed, are they going to be changed correctly?

The current rework people want which is letting only 1 person escape with them does NOT fix the core issue with the item - getting effortless, undeserved escapes after a bad game. As long as people bring one or more key then it's just as BS as before.

Will keys be removed from chests? I don't run chest builds myself, but my friend who runs them got a key in 4 of the 6 survivor games he had. If keys are still going to appear out of pure luck they shouldn't be strong, at all.

Idk, I just really don't have faith that keys are going to be changed in a good way.

Tagged: Mod

Comments


  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    (Inb4 "Just bring franklins 4head")

    Been a lot of key gamers recently since the mori nerf, probably since they know keys will be nerfed soon and that the mori nerf was a massive red flag. Maybe they should've been changed at the same time to avoid this exact issue happening.

    Anyway, I've seen quite the varying playstyles with them. I've seen people get a 3 man escape out of a 3 gen with a key they've got from a chest with NO chest perks.

    I've seen somebody literally let their 2 teammates die on hook for BOTH stages and get out for free with a key.

    And finally I've seen the people who are so bad at the game that they don't even get to use the key in the first place.

    So, this begs the question, when keys are changed, are they going to be changed correctly?

    The current rework people want which is letting only 1 person escape with them does NOT fix the core issue with the item - getting effortless, undeserved escapes after a bad game. As long as people bring one or more key then it's just as BS as before.

    Will keys be removed from chests? I don't run chest builds myself, but my friend who runs them got a key in 4 of the 6 survivor games he had. If keys are still going to appear out of pure luck they shouldn't be strong, at all.

    Idk, I just really don't have faith that keys are going to be changed in a good way.

    "Getting effortless, undeserved escapes after a bad game" isn't an issue. It's part of the design of the game. The hatch exists to give hope, no matter how slim, in an otherwise bad game where things went horribly wrong. The hatch mechanics have already been nerfed enough.

    This game requires a "catch up mechanic" so to speak to allow survivors a chance even when they are outclassed. Killers have the same mechanic and it's still in the game after all this time, it's called NoEd. The hatch is for Survivors and keys are simply an "add on" to that for lack of a better term.

    Keys aren't an issue they aren't easy to use like you claim and forcing yourself to get to use them results in suboptimal play, which is actually beneficial to the killer as it means playing selfishly and letting your teammates die. The circumstances to use keys are very narrow and to get into a position to use it means you are often playing badly.

    That said I get why they are going to get nerfed, but they shouldn't be totally obliterated the way Toolboxes were. They should still work somehow just differently from how they are now.

  • @InsatiableMop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1820455#Comment_1820455

    curious under what conditions these games were in they a key caused you to lose the game entirely?

    Although, if im being honest, most of the times I was referring to were more like ties. I'd have 2 dead and the other 2 would key out with 1 or 2 generators left. It just robbed me of what would have been ample opportunity for a 4k

  • @SocialDistomancy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1821945#Comment_1821945

    If I still bothered to touch killer, which I don't plan to even for rifts, I'd simply dodge a lobby where somebody didn't ready up or had a key especially with a flashlight combined and when on steam them all also being clearly on pc or when on console them all having the crossplay icon on their group. Killer would get another lobby in seconds at least the time of day I played where I live. And if I did let one pull the old switcheroo I'd just task manager kill the process byt he offering screen or hold the ps button and kill the app on the homescreen on ps5 so they'd go right back into a long queue and I wouldn't burn an offering lmao. Once killers get tired enough of the bs they'll start doing that on a larger scale for those that still play as killers. So burn those keys while you still have a chance given by them. I'd honestly started doing the same myself on my survivor characters thats till had keys before uninstalling to make room for other games lmfao

    It's really lame bringing them all the time, brought in like 5 a day and those matches just felt boring. But you know, and it can't be just me, but keys cause a problem too so I don't think the devs were right in only updating one at a time. But solo survivors with keys tend to get way less altruistic, and may even hide letting others to die while not doing objectives. Saying moris were worse because of quick kills I think is wrong, when keys cause terrible teammates or bullshit escapes. So endgame with a key is a key is fair right? Especially when that survivor got there when just hiding? Yea, moris were the bigger problem, sure.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1821913#Comment_1821913

    That's almost the same thing as only spawning the hatch once the gens have been completed or only one survivor is left. The difference is that DCing for the hatch is still viable with the EGC method, as is hatch camping. Also, the "Where did they go!?" achievement becomes a lot more difficult if they have to open the gate, and it's a pretty annoying achievement to get as-is.

    If the hatch conditions are changed instead of the key conditions, it'd be a lot easier for new players to understand because whenever a closed hatch is visible a key can be used.

    Yes, the advantage of the solution of the vid to mine is prevention of hatch camp / dc for hatch. That's also why I would prefer that solution over mine ^^.

    It wouldn't make the achievement much more difficult as it is already, imo. If you are in the position to being able to open the hatch and jump out with all, you are heavily in advantage over the killer. You would like all get out through the gates in this situation, so opening one of the gates would be easy. Or you could just wait for the killer to open it out of boredom ...

  • just bring franklins 4head

    in all seriousness though keys are tilting me, and i'm a survivor main.

    my teammates will abandon me because it's convenient and then laugh at my expense, forcing the killer to kill me and only me because they need to points and don't want to depip.

    I can't even blame the killers, cause keys are just obnoxious at this point for both sides of the realm.

  • @blue4zion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1822281#Comment_1822281

    It's really lame bringing them all the time, brought in like 5 a day and those matches just felt boring. But you know, and it can't be just me, but keys cause a problem too so I don't think the devs were right in only updating one at a time. But solo survivors with keys tend to get way less altruistic, and may even hide letting others to die while not doing objectives. Saying moris were worse because of quick kills I think is wrong, when keys cause terrible teammates or bullshit escapes. So endgame with a key is a key is fair right? Especially when that survivor got there when just hiding? Yea, moris were the bigger problem, sure.

    You're right about those tendencies ins olo survivors, at least in my case. That was how I had many keys saved, since I rarely used them except to get escape rifts done faster regard;ess of how douchey I had to be. It is pretty boring bringing them too much which was why I stopped using them, i I got chased even once not even hooked I'd suddenly become the biggest poon in the match or even out of my whole night's worth of matches waiting just to use that key lol. Which was the main reason I stopped using them, it changed the game too much for me each time I brought them too much especially with addons to preserve them after death and use. It didn't feel as fun for me, and became either stressful or led to me playing in ways that was probably stressful for others and was for certain boring for me.

1 2 ›