Bodyblocking
I'm wondering how survivors get mad at face-camping (don't get me wrong it's a cheap exploit) but think it's okay to bodyblock. Here's why bodyblocking is worst; face camping can be resolved by unhooking from the sides whilst bodyblocking completly prevent hooking survivors. More than that, it takes advantage of in-game mechanic flaws and has no counter. Can the devs play a match vs ppl doing that ? Like when they wouldn't nerf the flashlights, took 1 match vs 4 survivors using it to make them nerf it. I have nothing against a loss fair and square but it feels as I climb ranks, it's the only "tactic" high rank use, which is sad since I expected ppl who are much better at hiding and chases not trolls. Even Neji is jalous of that perfect defense...
Comments
.....no. You’d still have 6.5 seconds. Though it takes time to reach the hook, you’d still have 1 or 2 to hook if it’s nearby. Bodyblocking is only a problem when you walk really far and one hit gets em off
Look you understand perfectly the situation so stop pretending like this is fair and can be work around, it cannot unless they're terrible survivors and stop teaming up to bodyblock hooks. You keep saying 2 hits he's down but it's NEVER 1 bodyblocker.
You only hit a bodyblocker once... then they lose collision.... did you know that?
This forum comment posting suck DAMN!
This forum comment posting suck DAMN!
This forum comment posting DAMN !
That’s damn spam man
It keep telling me no discussion found. Anyways yes that's why they are always 2 bodyblockers.
But as I said you can still hook after you hit em both
It freaking blocked me 10 mins when it said 180s wow
Each time you ATTEMPT (but fail) to message during the 180 it resets
I was on my phone for at least 5 of those. Anyways I guess I know now.
SWF do that all the time, knowing that their mate has DS but is non-obession.
But yeah, in solo games it rarely happens
Dude, enough with the passive-aggresive bullshit. Sometimes bodyblocking may benefit the killer, sometimes it does not.
I just played a match where a david king and a claudette body blocked me with a laurie 2m away from the hook, got them both injured and i'm running sloppy butcher, won the match a minute or two later.
http://prntscr.com/kxkeg8
I stopped like 6 hours ago
Sorry bud, still getting used to this forum.
If you remove body blocking that means survivors can run through the killer. That means the killer can no longer body block windows, or trap survivors while revving chainsaw, or anything else like that. This also means that survivors have less incentive to help one another, meaning that they're going to be on generators instead, which is worse for you.
Most of the time body blocking is also to the killer's advantage, since usually there's hooks close enough that you can get a hook. If you have someone downed, and the rest of them are flocking about trying to body block, then they aren't doing gens. If you hit them, they'll run off to heal, which is also them not doing gens.If they're not doing gens, then you are controlling the pace of the game and that's what you want as the killer.
If you really struggle with it, keep in mind you can take agitation or iron grasp. With Iron Grasp you can handle even three body blocks at a hook, while with agitation you can out run the survivors. Fake as though you're heading to one hook, then change course and go to another. They won't be able to get there in time to stop you.
This wastes their time and usually ends up in a win for the killer.
3 people bodyblocking in coordination is pretty bad though.
if the killer would just hit me then i would be fine since i get my WGLF point for it. as well as if the killer sees this as a problem then drop the survivor and run after the person you just injured, down them and hook them.
Bodyblocking is an intended mechanic in the game, and survivors are actually rewarded for doing it.
Benevolence Emblem (Altruism)
Malicious Emblem (Deviousness)
same thing with camping a survivor. i dont mind getting rid of bodyblocking if the killers are forced to stop camping
I'm definitely in for the deal, I don't anyway. Beside, the points you get to me are incentive to bodyblock when the killer is walking, the exploit is by using that mechanic in front of a hook. Imo.
I main Freddy so I don't deal with bodyblocking much. What I do deal with a lot is hook rushes. At least wait for me to leave instead of making my job easier.
Is it not just hilarious when they unhook as you just put them there ? Like at least wait till I turn around. Well free kills I guess. Best tho is when the one you chase go to unhook a survivor. Ok I stop chasing you but you just killed a guy. XD
I know but they reward me, I get two slept for the price of one, SWEET XD
I know it's like when someone doesn't crouch when I'm the killer. "Mama's hungry my babies!"
What I am saying is survivors are directly rewarded for bodyblocking in the overall game score, while killers are actually punished for camping. With camping, they only gain 2 points when the survivor reaches a new hook stage. If they are camping, they usually aren't hooking other survivors (not getting points), and camping makes survivors do generators, which also punishes killers, because killers only get points in the Gatekeeper Emblem bases on how many unrepaired generators are remaining when the trial is over. Based on the Emblems (which determines how many pips you get), if your goal is to rank up, bodyblocking rewards survivors and camping punishes killers. Unless killers are trying to rank down, camping is rewarding.
Well I just got my ticket to lower my rank, I didn't know it was so easy to demote oneself.
post written: Spetember 22nd 2018.
Facecamping doesnt exist, mate. it got fixed almost half a year ago.
Yes, Facecamping was a cheap exploid, so it got removed. On the other side, when survivors find a similar thing, its called a "feature"... hmmm...
Body blocking grants survivors points in the Benevolence Emblem (taking a hit while a survivor is being carried by a killer), so yes, it's a feature. Killers gain no additional points for camping (any points they would get while camping can be obtained much easier by not camping). I don't know where you think Face camping was removed, because I still see it happening occasionally.
Facecamping still exists, just not in the format it was before now that swivels unhooks are a thing. But killers do still stand right in someones face and camp or turn around and butt camp.
They've even resorted to an exploit where they force their character model inside the hooked survivor preventing any unhooks whatsoever.
yes, but what you are refering to is hrad camping. facecamping was, when the killer blocked the unhook option with his own hitbox, which should not be a thing anymore (i do know shape can still do that, since the devs (for some reason) removed his hitbox while stalking, so he can just walk into the survivor)
so with other words:
killer bodyblocking: thats a cheap exploid and should get removed
survivor bodyblocking: thats a great and 110% fair feature, so lets reward that.
see the problem?
btw, the bonus points for bodyblocking the killer were not always a thing, mate. these got added later on.
It's an exploitation of the hook's hit box, but I haven't said it should be removed, but it should be discouraged. Survivors and killers both exploit it (extreme body blocking) when they stand inside the hook's hit box with the purpose of blocking the interaction, though survivors are more likely to exploit it than killers.
I hate body blocking at camping, I will not do either unless the other side is doing either of them. If they want to abuse the game, then I will play that way. If not then i will play in a more fair way to all players.