Good communication from devs
We really wish you could communicate more often like the release statement.
It was more open and honest than y'all have ever been, Please keep communicating like this.
Here's the link to the release statement: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/211911/news-4-4-0-release-statement#latest
Comments
I agree. It used to be pretty bad, but they got better...and then worse again, which made it really easy to be angry. I'm glad they've recognised an official statement was necessary.
Was it really that bad before though? I always had the impression they communicate with us, either here in the forums, on Twitter or on Twitch, either the several dev-stream or I guess some even made private streams like McLean?
Most of what we heard before was, "don't worry, we're looking into it"
Plus they outright ignored how much of a cash grab the Halloween event was. They never made a statement about it other than, " something will be done about it" on the QnA.
It is a remarkable improvement over the past
They also made a statement regarding the Halloween event with the announcement of the advent calendar though.
but I agree there is always room for improvement, and the current statement is very much appreciated
Agreed. This is what I want to see. I still disagree with the choice to push the patch when they did (and I will likely continue to be vocal about that), but the devs get a large nod of respect for being open and honest about it after the fact. Would've preferred it to be sooner than a week later, but hey, it's a sign of improvement so I can hope for more next time...I hope.
Apparently through Mori's getting nerfed was not a noteworthy enough change to mention in this release. They are still trying to obfuscate things.
The only thing they said in the announcement of the advent calendar is they'll be focusing more on halloween and the anniversary event.
There was no acknowledgement of fan concerns in the Eternal blight.
It's in the patch notes, specifically at the very top with the rest of the notable changes.
This discussion is about the release statement, not the patch notes.
The release statement though has mention of 'noteworthy' changes happening the bugfix. Mori's are not mentioned there. Which means the communication has a kink in it. Either the devs didn't think it was noteworth (which seems unlikely), or it was an oversight (possible), or they where trying to obfuscate the impact.
Look in the features section, I just read the notes and it is in there.
Honestly, with the fixes Peanits has mentioned as the major ones in the roster, and how the Twins, you know, actually function now, I'd say that so far, BHVR is earning back my trust.
This is only one small step in the right direction, but if they keep that curtain pulled back for us to see their thought process on things, then I'd be more than happy to cut them some slack.