Why are Item add-ons so inconsistent?
The inconsistency of these add-ons is really bad, after every Killer gets their right amount of add-ons (Huntress and Myers) I think they should take a look at Item add-ons.
But what is actually wrong with them? Let's take a look!
Flashlights
- 4 Common Add-ons,
- 5 Uncommon Add-ons,
- 2 Rare Add-ons,
- 1 Very Rare Add-on,
- 1 Ultra Rare Add-on,
Total count: 13 Add-ons.
Keys
- 1 Common Add-on,
- 3 Uncommon Add-ons,
- 1 Rare Add-on,
- 4 Very Rare Add-ons,
- 0 Ultra Rare Add-ons,
Total count: 9 Add-ons.
Maps
- 1 Common Add-on,
- 5 Uncommon Add-ons,
- 2 Rare Add-on,
- 1 Very Rare Add-ons,
- 0 Ultra Rare Add-ons,
Total count: 9 Add-ons.
Med-Kits
- 3 Common Add-on,
- 5 Uncommon Add-ons,
- 3 Rare Add-on,
- 1 Very Rare Add-ons,
- 1 Ultra Rare Add-ons,
Total count: 13 Add-ons.
Toolboxes
- 3 Common Add-on,
- 5 Uncommon Add-ons,
- 2 Rare Add-on,
- 0 Very Rare Add-ons,
- 1 Ultra Rare Add-ons,
Total count: 11 Add-ons.
What Should Change?
I think every Item should have the same amount of Add-ons and Add-on rarities.
- 2 Common Add-on,
- 2 Uncommon Add-ons,
- 3 Rare Add-on,
- 2 Very Rare Add-ons,
- 1 Ultra Rare Add-ons,
Total count: 10 Add-ons.
What do you think?
Comments
Items could definitely be more consistent. I think a pass on each to give them the same amount of add-ons would really help clean up the mess that are survivors bloodwebs.
I would love this, it would also give the devs an opportunity to try and make add-ons for survivor items a little bit better, seeing as the vast majority of them are hardly ever used.
Fun Fact: Demogorgon actually does not have 21 add-ons, it has 20
Like any other Killer?
Really? I swear it was 21 not 20
Should just leave it alone.
I'm pretty sure all killers should have an add-on split of 2-4-5-5-4, which Demo does have. The only killer who doesn't is Huntress with, I believe, 1-3-5-7-4 (both going ur-com)
Maybe once they eventually rework Keys and Mori's they'll change the add-ons? It does seem a little weird they're focusing on making Killer add-ons consistent and not doing the same for Survs.
Not all items have the same rarity... keys start at Green, medkits start at brown. If you had the same amount of key addons in the pool, you'd end up getting too many for keys you don't have while your medkits/toolboxes don't have anything.
Anything to limit the grind!
Funny thing is that the extra add-ons are pretty useless on medkits and flashlights.
I do hope their add-on pass continues on for items, too. If only to make a standard.
They'll probably do an Add-Ons pass on Survivor Items once they're done will all Killers. There are definitely problematic Add-Ons on Killer side which need adressing first. Like Iri. Heads.
Then they might switch to Survivor Items and Add-Ons. Or they'll change some problematic Items earlier and the Add-Ons at a later point.