WGLF BUFF
WHY IS WGLF WEAK COMPARED TO BBQ?
The main reason why WGLF is weak is because the requirement to gain a stack isn't the survivors objective and it's not reliable!
On the other hand, BBQ gives you stacks for rewarding the killer for DOING THEIR OBJECTIVE instead of not going out of your way to do something risky such as let's say "Hooking a survivor in the basement to gain a stack".
So here are my two suggestions on how we can buff WGLF while being balanced:
WGLF: (More Ways to Get Stacks)
Your few friends deserve the best protection. Each time you rescue or take a hit to protect a Survivor, repair a generator, stun the killer with a pallet, gain 20 % stackable bonus to all Bloodpoint gains up to a maximum of 60/80/100 %.
The Bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded post-trial.
WGLF: (A Warning if The Killer is Coming)
Your few friends deserve the best protection. Each time you rescue or take a hit to protect a Survivor, gain 25 % stackable bonus to all Bloodpoint gains up to a maximum of 50/75/100 %. When you perform hook rescue, after 3 seconds, receive a notification if the killer is coming to you.
The Bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded post-trial.
The notification will warn you if the killer is coming by looking at how fast the distance between you and the killer is getting smaller! If the distance between you and the killer is getting small real fast then the notification will go off after 3 seconds but it wouldn't if the distance between you and killer gets bigger or it's inconsistent!
Thoughts, opinions? Leave your civil feedback below! ![]()
Comments
Here is my recommendation for WGLF:
We're Gonna Live Forever: Your few friends deserve the best team mate. Each time you complete a generator, pallet stun the killer, sabotage a hook near a carried survivor, rescue or take a hit to protect a Survivor, gain 20 % stackable bonus to all Bloodpoint gains up to a maximum of 60/80/100 %. Whenever you unhook a survivor, reveal the killer's aura for 4 seconds.
The Bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded post-trial.
I can't speak for everyone, but I promise not to ask for any BBQ nerfs if they buff WGLF =p
BP is shared across both factions. Let’s give you a hypothetical. If I want p3 Dwight. But I’m fine playing either side. Which side is better to play to get points fast? Killer, or survivor? When I’m spending the points on Dwight? It’s killer. Stop assuming I play survivor to spend on survivor. I want everyone p3. And I have one p3 killer and survivor already. And billy don’t need add ons
1) economy problems. Killer and Survivor should be in equilibrium so that it does not become reason to play either side. Both sides should have balanced point gaining way
2) look what happened when WGLF was 200%
3) Less insensitive to help teammate. This is what this perk is for, right?
3 is not enough?
@Sarief
NOW, would you FINALLY give me JUST ONE negative effect of making tokens easier to get!? Can you even do that?
1) then buff killer gains too hot damn. 2) did I say make it 200% it’d still be 100%, but it’d be consistent like BBQ is if you don’t suck. 3) It just causes farming, and you should know that. 4) three isn't enough if all three are ass
I play survivor to farm. I have BBQ, but with survivor it's much faster, efficient and relaxing. your point is..?
ps: Billy uses up addons. Survivors can find item+addon in trial and retrieve it.
Survivors don’t make more, not if you’re even somewhat good with killer. I get like 26k a game with billy. Also, I don’t use items for survivor or killer, so that point falls flat on its ass. I said it earlier but you ignored me and repeated yourself like some busted up record.
1) then economy has to be redesigned. I've seen they have position for economy designer on DBD open right now. Want to apply?
2) I can get those stucks consistently, like I said, it's not hard. Want to fix bug with protection not procing when you think it should? then... sure, I'm up for it. bug begone.
3) It causes me to take hits. Also, they're gonna change it so only safe unhooks will give stacks, so no more sandbagging.
you asked for one, got three and still not happy. Only can say "facepalm"
1 and 2 are objective, and 3 is design. You not liking them does not make them invalid.
Killer has 1 way. Survivors have 4. You want... 5? 6? What is the problem here?
You rely on killer to make "saves", without killer there is no "saving", so please don't say you want something where killer does not participate.
2) A negative effect of buffing WGLF isn’t that it’s already easy to get stacks, that doesn’t make sense. 3) isn’t a negative. 1) The amount of points needed to p3 everyone increases epontentially every new chapter.
I'll repeat however many times you need, since you don't get it.
It's easy to get tokens. There are 4 ways, at least. If you can't it's only case of git gud.
If you don't use addons to farm on killer, it's your own choice. You being good enough to do that does not mean that it's actually easy. It's just that YOU are good that you can catch 4 different survivors once. It's objectively easier to get token as survivor than as killer. Are you arguing that or smth?
Or are you arguing with 26k points average? It's just you who's good. If it's someone else they might not be as good. And kiler is taking whole length of the match always. If survivors take whole length of the match, they get nearly same.
If its so easy why is there such a disparity in matchmaking right now? On PS4 (community I Mod is 56k people) 30k reported as playing killer! THATS INSANE! THATS UNREAL! Also, if you’re good enough to get 4 WGLF tokens, it doesn’t mean it’s normal
2)... then what we argue? OP asked for easier to get stacks.
3) less incensitive to help -> is negative.
1) lol, wrong
2) I’m asking you to give me reason to not buff WGLF (as its buff doesn’t hurt killers). In that case, making it easier for people IS NEVER BAD. 3) There’s plenty incentive as it is. Especially with autodidact and deliverance. Even before it was fine, as not helping can lose a game. The people who don’t help never will anyway. 1) you’re right, it’s not exponential. But it still snowballs. Every perk has 3 levels. 6 new perks are given every chapter. That’s 9 levels for every killer and survivor you’ve already gotten p3 with every former perk. Then there’s a new killer and survivor, which adds to the list of people. With each person costing (after p3 with every prevoius perk) roughly 500k to level up 9 times.
Both sides should not be in equilibrium. We need more survivor players than killer players. This is why killer lobbies are really really bad.
Killer lobbies are bad now, they were bad before the bp event, and they were still kinda bad before the update. When I try to play the killer, I always wait.
Finding lobbies as survivor takes less than 5 secs though.
Well, I'll just take this argument. I might have few arguments, such as people play both sided, not only one, but I'll just agree that people think killer is easier to get points and 4 stacks.
2) one proposed hurts killer, second hurts economy. Making it easier for people is not bad for people. Might not be as good for game, but I'm not competent enough to answer that part
don't have whole info.
3) perk design is to make incensitive, not to force. It does it's job.
1) p3 50 takes 200 bloodwebs. Getting all perks at p3 (p3 max) increases progressively for single killer and exponentially for every killer. Getting perks you need for the build does not require getting all perks, since you can choose what perk you want from available options. Usually enough to play competitively. <--- this is not part of the current thread argument though
Okay, at this point we broken down to literal philosophy (its based on our moral compass, not logic) so neither of us will win. Let’s just go with “it doesn’t NEED a buff, but it’d be nice, and jack personally wants it
I always use BBQ for bonus BP but I will not use WGLF because you hardly get any tokens. Even when you do, your more likely gonna receive less BP than the killer does, I'm being 100% honest with you @Sarief!
I’m just that awesome! /s
It should be easier for a killer to get stacks. The devs want BBQ to discourage camping.
Also, of course killers get more BP. They require add ons which go away no matter how well they do in a match. Meanwhile a survivor can load in with a purple item and keep it off they escape, or they can just find another purple item in a chest. I can’t load in as Doctor and find Restraint Class III sitting on the map somewhere.
When trying to balance these perks, too many times people fail to understand that in an asymmetrical 4v1 game like this, the 1 side SHOULD have advantages and better abilities.
@Well_Placed_HexTotem
If you actually read everything, you’d know how it’s important as you can spend money on both sides. Why is it hat if I want to level up survivors, I should play killer? If you play both sides, and the goal is leveling up; you’re argument gets thrashed
Seriously...5 pages of comments but on my complex idea nobody said anything.
You asked for civil feedback...
I'd rather have a bonus perk slot just for those bp perks.
And not permanent double BP?
WGLF is to reward survivors for playing as part of a team and making altruistic plays. Personally the only change I think they need to make is now that they have a “safe rescue” scoring event, only make a WGLF token pop when you make one, don’t reward people for farming. Of course you’d still get tokens for taking hits, untrapping, stunning.
Why do you need more ways to generate stacks?
Flashlight save
Pallet save
Unhook
Untrap
Take a hit
I’m probably missing some. Not only are these beneficial for the survivor team, they’re beneficial to the killer as well. One or two people trying to set up saves or take hits = less people on gens. If you can get stacks just by pallet stunning killers or doing a gen... that’s too easy.
Its also common sense that a killer will score more, they are constantly doing things that increase their score and they have four people to do them to as well while survivors have one.
I believe the Hello Kitty forums are that way if you want civil feedback >
Sorry I just had to, but in all honesty you can get it here it just isn't always easy.
And I’m saying they should change that. WGLF needs more ways to gain tokens. They should also add more score events for survival, as surviving doesn’t even fill it
What even awards survival now? Self heal, struggling off the shoulder (does decisive count? never unlocked it), and escaping right?
Yup. And all 3 only happen regularly with a perk. Yeah. Survivors TOTALLY get more points... sheesh
@Sarief
So tell me, how come when survivors are afk, killer can still prosper, but not the other way around? How’s is that fair?
I cant tell if those awesome are ironic or not...
Oh. Awesome
Yeah. Should be possible for all 4 people to get 4 stacks when killer is afk. It’s possible for killer when survivors are afk.
That's exactly what I said. But I'd still have it be a perk.
People will continue to do their gens while you struggle at the hook. Why should a survivor risk his life for a stack, if he could just get it safely by doing gens?
People are pretty selfish. Your change would result in more 1 hook deaths.
If a survivor let's you die on the hook then it's gonna come back later to bite them. With less survivors, it will be harder to do generators since you're more likely to be found repairing a generator. If there was more survivors then you could easily repair a generator since the odds are that the killer would find another survivor to chase while patrolling buying you time to complete a generator and earn your stack.
Additionally, you'll still get stacks for unhooking so unhooking someone will always be priority if you want to get stacks. My change just makes the perk fit your play style more if you don't like to be altruistic.
That’ll make people commit more. Besides, at least it’d punish the ######### out of camping
2 minutes is more than enough to finish 3 gens.
If they can unhook faster than they can complete that gen, they’ll do it. It’ll only go down like what you said if it’s hard to unhook them, IE: killer is patrolling. In that case; good, let that killer get screwed six ways to sunday