I have officially made it to rank 1 survivor...

And now I officially have zero respect for the ranking system. I still very much suck at this game in a lot of areas, mainly looping. But I am pretty good at getting things done under the radar and willing to take one for the team. I definitely think that a lot of my success depended on good teammates as once I reached red ranks the progression from 4 to 1 was pretty rapid. But I still find the occasional red ranker that acts like a newb, sandbagging me, safe unhooks and following me leaving all sorts of trails to my location, etc.

Comments

  • Welcome to knowing that rank is meaningless! I'm a red rank survivor & I've been a red rank killer. It means nothing, I'm a trash survivor and I purposely let people go all the time as killer.

  • It's really really really really easy to RR1 as a survivor. Someone who is at least mostly competent (not necessarily good. Just competent) can pretty easily and quickly get to RR1 as survivor.

    It's honestly a major reason I don't pay any attention to rank. It's more of an indication of how much you play rather than your level of skill.

  • It pretty much does revolve around if you get good teammates that can buy you time or not. To rank up you'll need, about 3 hooksaves(maybe two with afew heals) too win a considerablely long chase with the Killer, (or just win afew small chases with a pallet stun or two) and the N too stay on Gens untill the Objective cat is maxed.


    These tasks whilst not that hard can be borderline impossible if you're teammates aren't the best, Suicide on hook or spend alot of time slugged. The worst part? You'll be punished(or Atleast not rewarded) for looping the Killer for 5 chases.


    And that's not even mentioning what Killers have to do to 4K, They either play flawlessly of down they go


    The ranking system needs a massive overhaul for everybody's sake, Rewards should be added too, as many players have been sitting in red ranks for years at this point and haven't got anything for it(besides an achievement but that's on Steam) even a rare charm would do

  • Well, it didn’t last too long, three rounds. The last one I didn’t get anything done because a rank 1 pig tunneled me out of the gate and put a reverse bear trap on me. TWICE. And both times I had to go do every last puzzle box to unlock the damned things, lol. Oh well. :)

  • @CountVampyr said:

    And now I officially have zero respect for the ranking system. I still very much suck at this game in a lot of areas, mainly looping. But I am pretty good at getting things done under the radar and willing to take one for the team. I definitely think that a lot of my success depended on good teammates as once I reached red ranks the progression from 4 to 1 was pretty rapid. But I still find the occasional red ranker that acts like a newb, sandbagging me, safe unhooks and following me leaving all sorts of trails to my location, etc.

    Survs die 75% of games, so devs need to give something so you don't think you have lost. That's why ranking as surv is so easy.

  • Try being a red rank killer, it brings in a whole new definition of sweating

  • Ranking to 1 Solo is a good challenge.

    The best part about ranking up to 1 via only Solo queue is knowing you did it w/o the boost of a consistently good SWF, as well as managing to +pip during ridiculously mismatched matches with inexperienced players, survivor DC’s, buggy/glitchieness, and against some truly Uber-good killers.

    It means you pipped up consistently more than you neg pipped, even if it happened to be streaky here and there. Then maintaining rank 1 strictly at Solo for more than 20 consec matches can be a tricky, even better challenge. Usually around the 17th or so, if I haven’t yet been, then I’ll receive a good tunneling and be forced back to 2.

    The worst streak I’ve ever had was 12 neg pip matches with 0+pips and a few safety pips in between.

    Needless to say; took few days off after that, from all multiplayer games, to cuddle on the couch with some ice cream and boost my morale a bit😌🍨