Should console players be given access to the chat box pregame/postgame lobby

As it stands only pc players can talk and view the chatbox which makes it harder for console players to interact with other players in the lobby

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Voted yes. I play on console, but I always like to send a gg whether I win or lose. And the old ps4 app used to let you do that (not cross play) but they have recently changed it and you can't mass message past players met. I think there is a lot of toxicity in this community, and I think messaging "gg gl in your next games" helps spread positivity. I've been called stupid for it, but I like it.

    This ^ this is what im looking for haha

  • @FrustratedKillerMain said:

    No, nothing good will come from it IMO. I turned crossplay back off as a red rank killer. The severe disadvantage I'm at playing with a controller with worse frames is just made tenfold more apparent playing against the multi-thousand hour sweat squads from PC. Thankfully I didn't have to see any chat after losing to these teams

    I play a red rank huntress and ive seen no advantage of pc survivors over console survivors but thats just in my experience and as you say you've turned crossplay off personally right so whats the harm in being able to message survivors or killer before or after the match you could make new friends to play with or you can tell how toxic the players are before starting

  • Yes. No reason for console players not to have access to the chatbox. They added crossplay so they should add crossplay messaging.

  • we dont want it.

  • There's literally no reason not to give it to them. If they don't want to see it add a hide option.

  • I think 99% of the time, it's not going to be gg's but just more toxicity from console players. There's a reason a lot of us just turned off messages/friend requests on console when playing this game. I'm reminded of a time I got a friend request with the attached message "reported you f***ing n****r" for having the audacity to get a 0k with Clown, running party streamers, wherein I went out of my way to not tunnel or camp or slug

    If you can permanently turn the chat on/off, then I wouldn't care either way

  • No PC-players are toxic mostly and no reason to give them more people to be rude towards.

  • I would rather have toxic messages and accusations of cheating when survivors are killed in post game chat so I can turn my messages on again on PS5 and Xbox

  • Yes, I'm pretty sure that on PC you have the option to just disable the post game chat if you want to. So assuming that would also be available to consoles, there's literally no reason to not add it other then mere distaste for those on other platforms due to misconceptions that are based solely on their own anecdotal evidence. Just because a bunch of people who just so happened to be crossplay teabagged you at the exit gate does not mean all people on said platform is toxic. That should seem obvious but you'd be surprised, lol.

  • You don't want it...trust me! most of the times people use it to flame you after the game, I play on pc and wish there was a way to remove it to avoid harassment.

  • If anything put a option to Disable Or Enable it

  • Why did so many people vote no? I play on Console and PC and see zero reason why console players should be treated like second-class citizens lofl.

  • @musstang62 said:

    I think 99% of the time, it's not going to be gg's but just more toxicity from console players. There's a reason a lot of us just turned off messages/friend requests on console when playing this game. I'm reminded of a time I got a friend request with the attached message "reported you f***ing n****r" for having the audacity to get a 0k with Clown, running party streamers, wherein I went out of my way to not tunnel or camp or slug

    If you can permanently turn the chat on/off, then I wouldn't care either way

    LOFL!!!

  • @SOMENINJANAME said:

    Why did so many people vote no? I play on Console and PC and see zero reason why console players should be treated like second-class citizens lofl.

    It's the opposite? Us console players not having to deal with that chat thing is an advantage. Let the PC players waste time on it where they could have just gone to another game, and then see them complaining about toxic messages here. You are lucky just turn off messages on your console and just play the game.

  • @DBD78 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851973#Comment_1851973

    It's the opposite? Us console players not having to deal with that chat thing is an advantage. Let the PC players waste time on it where they could have just gone to another game, and then see them complaining about toxic messages here. You are lucky just turn off messages on your console and just play the game.

    Lol, okay, but sometimes the angry messages are very funny.

  • Massive increases in bans incoming

  • I'd personally like to be able to complement a killer on a good match.

  • Do you really want to see the toxic threads pc players will send? Especially once they realize they can now bully the console players via ingame chat and they really can't do much about it

  • voted yes by mistake but i meant no

    end game chat would probably not be used by most console players since it would be annoying and slow to use with a controller plus endgame chat was really toxic and since the typing would be slow chances are the toxic PC players would just harass console players without them being able to defend themselves

    plus im happy endgame chat im pretty dead at this point like i said it was pretty dead