Keys and moris will be changed?
i hear a lot of rumors about moris and keys will get changed soon.. any infos about how and what the changes will be?
i hear a lot of rumors about moris and keys will get changed soon.. any infos about how and what the changes will be?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Keys already have been changed in that the Hatch doesn't become visible (and thus accessible) until a certain number of Generators are up compared to Survivors. That was all Keys needed. I'm sure the Mori rework will likewise be tied to something numerical, probably a number of Hooks, not unlike the Hex: Devour Hope.
Isn't that just how the Hatch has always worked? The only change to Hatch spawning that I am aware of is that it now always spawns whenever there is one player left instead of only if at least two gens have been finished.
Nope. You used to be able to see the hatch far sooner.
No, not at all. Hatch always needed a number of Gens to be completed, depending on the number of Survivors left in the Trial.
4 Survivors = 5 Gens
3 Survivors = 4 Gens
2 Survivors = 3 Gens
1 Survivor = anytime
I believe prior to the EGC update, you needed at least two Gens finished if there was only one Survivor left.
Really? Weird. Two months ago I remember seeing the damn Hatch near the start of every game and I would just make note of it. I would swear we didn't have that many Generators done. But my memory could be playing me false. Either way, I don't see a problem with Keys as they stand right now. I don't see there being anything to fix.
This is correct, but does not matter at all for this topic.
The last changes to the Hatch was with the Plague's midchapter update (which allowed the Hatch to always spawn with 1 player left, gave Killers the ability to close the Hatch, and disabled the Killer's ability to perform Hatch grabs), which was WAAAAY longer than two months ago.
yeah no keys are OP as hell, how is it fair that you can instantly and safely escape in front of the killer?
there is no interaction, no skill, and it is by no means fair or balanced.
No, they still have to find and get to the hatch. It is what it is. Most people who bring in keys just put a target on their backs to get tunneled out. The few lucky ones that find them in trunks aren't guaranteed to get to use them. It just doesn't happen enough to warrant being upset about.
Keys are supposedly going to be getting some changes down the road, as with mori's.
We don't know what or when however, just that some changes are coming for them.
key ruins the game mate because every survivor can use it and good survivors realize when hatch spawns and at that point no one cares about gens. meaning the killer has nothing to go off of and if the key user gets to the hatch that's it the killer loses.
It's unhealthy for everyone involved and not to mention BS because the key holder doesn't care about gens when the hatch spawns and they get a free escape the second they spot the hatch. in red ranks with good survivors almost all games have at 3 gens done so the second the killer gets a kill the other 3 practically win if they realize one has a key and even if the key holder alone escapes and the killer closes hatch the other 2 now can open gates meaning the game skipped gens having to get done.
Just because they have an item and found a spot on the map doesn't mean they are entitled to an escape especially if it's in the middle of the match, it doesn't matter if they get tunneled because the killer kinda has to kill them first and hope another survivor doesn't pick up the key or they lose. keys need to have the whole hatch opening mechanic reworked to provide interaction with the killer so it's riskier to use the hatch. say what you want but it's kinda accepted that keys are pretty BS and need rework along with mori's.
We will have to agree to disagree. I just don't think they are that bad; there are certainly more pressing things I'd rather the DEV work on than Keys and the Mori. If they change them, great, but making them sound like a game breaking issue is just hyperbole. They are fine. I've had them used against me, and it wasn't a big deal. I suspect, if they do anything else to them, they will just make it so the Key only works for the person carrying it. But that is just a guess.
As far as game balance, I'm pretty sure it is generally agreed upon that keys and/or moris are probably the number one thing that needs to be nerfed.
Nothing is generally agreed upon, no. It is generally agreed upon by the people who spend all their time complaining here in posts (and even then there are just as many people who will answer that they are fine). Most people just play the game and deal with both Keys and/or the Mori without commenting or complaining at all. I wouldn't set your expectations too high on what changes they do. When they say they will tweak them it could be next month, or it could be years from now. And what they change is never enough. Someone else always complains. It isn't worth worrying about.
Of the people who actively have an opinion on this, yes, it is pretty generally agreed upon. You will find way more people who believe that one or both need to be changed than people who people that they are okay.
Everyone has an opinion. Only a select minority choose to inflict it upon us. And every time one of these threads comes up, there is a long procession of people who want them removed, fixed, or left alone (i.e. they are fine). All I'm saying is you would be doing yourself a favor by tempering your expectations. Me, I don't have any. I make the odd suggestion here and there, but I just come to play the game. If they change it I will adapt to the changes and be fine with those too. Do you see where I'm going with this?
I just think if even 10% of the energy some people use to complain about the game was used playing the game, they would probably get good enough that they don't care about keys, the Mori, and/or tons of other things. This game will NEVER be balanced; by its very design it is in constant flux with way too many variables to consider. Keys and the Mori aren't even close to being as important as some other things the DEV work on (and/or need to be working on).
Do I get a twinge of irritation when a Survivor (or a couple) use a Key and escape my clutches when I had them all beat? Sure. It would be strange if I didn't. Do I wince when the Mori hits me? Sure. Do either of these things happen all that often? No. In the last two weeks I've been killed by a Mori only once, and I play a lot of games. I've died on the Hook with nobody bothering to make an attempt perhaps 20+ times. This is because SWF don't care about Solos thrown in with their team. :) Which problem do you think bothers me more? Likewise, we have people suiciding on the Hook immediately to find another match and ruining good games for the other Survivors for no reason whatsoever, even when people were coming to get them. I see that at least one in three games.
What I'm pointing out (or trying to do) is that DbD has all sorts of issues, and some are far more disruptive and problematic than having the Killer give you an animated, early death, or someone coward bailing on everyone else with a Key.
Whatever change they make will probably be minor.
It may not be what I want, but I imagine it will be something like mori's only work after 2 hooks, and Key's only work if there are only 2 people left in a match or something incredibly easy to change like that. Leaving them still annoying just much less so; rather than actually overhauling them.
Though, I would much prefer an overhaul of them myself personally; but any change is better than no change. I hope they tackle huntress iri heads while they are at it too, make them only inflict dying when hit from a very far distance onwards or something at least.
I believe Keys and Moris are among the most problematic balance issues. As does a majority of people who have vocalized any sort of opinion on this issue.
Never bring keys as survivor, never play keys as killer. Chest keys i don't care. If you find a key, good for you.
Never use moris as killer. Only back then for the achievements. And as survivor, you know.
Just waiting moris on 3rd hook.
Fair enough; we can agree to disagree. For the record, the Ebony Memento Mori fix I suggested in Feedback was as follows:
4 Hooks = 1 Unlocked Mori
5 Hooks = 2 Unlocked Mori
6 Hooks = 3 Unlocked Mori
7 Hooks = 4 Unlocked Mori
*Said Mori can be used on anyone, whether they have been previously hooked or not. This method ensures that an Ebony Memento Mori requires at least (3) more Hooks than currently (to Mori everyone), and encourages Survivors to take protection hits, try to pick up the killer from a chase going badly, do flashlight stuns (or any kind of stun) to prevent hooks before they happen, and work more as a team since their own overall survival is tied to there being fewer hooks. It also takes away some of the impetus to Tunnel as immediately going after the same person doesn't give an instant Mori at the start of the game. The Hex: Devour Hope requires one more Hook, but it also provides other benefits as well as being a Hex that people can destroy so this runs in line with being balanced against that.
*I don't think the Yellow or the Green Mori need any changes to be honest.
As for the Keys, the only change I would do is have it so only one person can get out the hatch per Key, and leave everything else the same.
I support all Moris offerings (except for Yellow) being nerfed into the ground. Keys I'm not sure what to do with for sure, but I support a pretty beefy nerf to their interactions with the Hatch too.
i mean i literally told you how they just ruin games and how simply having a key in game and the other survivors knowing makes matches unwinnable against good survivors if they find hatch which rarely they don't but ok, agree to disagree.
the only thing i think the devs should work on that is more of a balance issue than keys and mori's are reworks like for clown or something for the beginning of the game regarding gen times like the trial startup idea.
edit: also your balance idea for keys only letting one survivor escape screws the other survivors and if it starts EGC it's still just as busted as current keys just slightly less which isn't enough imo.