bl disabled opinion after playing

so as i did a take before its only fair i do this again and see where i think it went personaly note this is ingoring auto haven and ormand related things since there being reworked.

my stance still hasnt changed that bloodlust shouldnt be removed until 3 gens stop being done in the first min but hey ho onward.

The impact: on the vast majourtiy of maps baring the jungle gym heavy ones the chase impact is miniscule but slower in some casaes which is to be expected. People who are complaing about god loops where there is a door here soem advice KICK, THE, FUKING, DOOR, now the double window loops the slow down here hurts since unless u can mind game them throught the window or have bambozile ur kinda stuck until one window is blocked could be me though.

The Cold Wind tree: i dont think i need to add anything here please sort it.

conclusion: to me yes it probaby wont be nessisary after the maps are all rewored but it should stay untile thenThe gen thing is litrlay a pet peve anyway since tbh u can have 3 gens go off before u down someone and this is redicus really given only 2 killers have easy acces to insta downsa dn the problem would only get wrose with slower chases on average.

feel free to share opions.

ftw i play both sides so dont throw the oh slaty killer main stigma here :/.

Comments

  • JuSt KiCk ThE wAlL 4head

  • Its definitely made stronger loops even stronger, and weaker killers weaker. There's only 3 or 4 loops I can think of that are a literal infinite without it. But those are map specific tiles.

    I'm interested to see what comes of this. I don't think anything will change outside of maybe removing BL3, potentially 2. I think outright removing it without major reworks to a lot of the loops would be a complete disaster and lead to people outright refusing to play killers without anti-loop powers in red ranks. Hell, long wall window jungle gyms are pretty insane without BL right now. Throw an L/T wall or Shack opposite that long wall window and you have an actual infinite against anyone that isn't Nurse.

    I still think tile spawns and map design in general are the major culprit of DBD imbalance. Not gen speeds or specific perks.

  • Anything you say they're gonna call you whatever sided. Don't even worry about it.

    I played killer this weekend more than I use to and I have to say I did notice a difference without bloodlust, but I can also say the times I was like "if I had bloodlust I'd have that hit", those hits wouldn't be really fair, since I was outplayed by the survivor.

    On the other hand, I got Badham more times than I wished for and I always break those walls at the start (and usually find someone there trying to abuse it early on, so that's good).

    I like playing Pig, so this experiment also made me use my ambush more in situations I know I should use it but... it was easier with bloodlust? So I felt proud for hitting some ambush hits with mind games that I usually don't do.

    In overall I had a fun weekend. Had some sweaty teams, but again I wasn't running a sweaty build (just wanted to have fun with some jump scares), so nothing to be done when I lost some matches.

  • Erect zombie penis.

  • I definitely think the game's in a state where T3 and T2 of BL can be removed. However, the same cannot be said for T1. Don't believe me? Play a game of Temple of Purgation. Good luck mind gaming those loops when they can see you the entire time...

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    I definitely think the game's in a state where T3 and T2 of BL can be removed. However, the same cannot be said for T1. Don't believe me? Play a game of Temple of Purgation. Good luck mind gaming those loops when they can see you the entire time...

    That's the problem I think. The whole "play better" thing. If there's no LOS blocker at a loop there's absolutely nothing the killer can do unless they're playing 1 of a very small handful of specific killers. And removing BL1 will only make these loops even stronger.

  • not like it matters i am tempted to report anyone thats has gone to that fuking tree since it is pratctily imposble for 90% of killer do do fuking anything there

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1769936#Comment_1769936

    That's the problem I think. The whole "play better" thing. If there's no LOS blocker at a loop there's absolutely nothing the killer can do unless they're playing 1 of a very small handful of specific killers. And removing BL1 will only make these loops even stronger.

    With the example I gave, some might say, "just force the pallet drop."

    That's true. that is the smart thing to do. However, this misses the point. There is no mind game, outplaying, or anything going on. There's just holding W until the survivor has to drop the pallet. If you get them to hesitate for a second, you're not fast enough to catch up in time. There's no actual gameplay going on, just holding a button until they have to drop a pallet so they go to a jungle gym or shack that you can properly mind game.

    Let's compare that to a standard junk loop in MacMillan that similarly has no LoS blockers. These loops are tricky for survivor. If they screw up and fall for a standard "turn camera but go the opposite way" mind game, then it can result in a hit regardless if the pallet is dropped because it's rather short. However, if the survivor reads the killer correctly, then the killer cannot get a hit without BL. This perfectly fine because it's determined by skill.

    What I'm saying is that there are maps where BL is unnecessary, but this is not universal enough to warrant the complete removal of BL.

  • I can say, after playing both sides, that without bloodlust it is SO much easier for survivors to escape with little threat. Only those who don't know how to loop get caught consistently. Those who do control the match, more than they did before. With as fast as generators go off, bloodlust is needed to help end chases faster as without it, killers have a difficult time ending the first chase (against strong survivors) before gens pop off.


    Playing as survivor...I noticed the game was FAR easier to complete whatever you set out to do. The only exception I have had were the camping Leatherfaces and Ghostfaces. (There were so SO many.....) Also had one Hag running Hag's Basement and my teammates were......unique..... Had one Plague who quit after the first minute since she couldn't catch the survivor. faced 2 Pyramid Heads, one was an absolute joke, the other was skilled and got several hooks, just couldn't get a kill as the chases took just a little too long. He had more points than us though. Had a Blight who absolutely wrecked...so much so that it made me reevaluate my stance on him, he was a rank 3, btw. Rest aren't worth mentioning as a never got chased in those.


    Overall, IMO....Bloodlust is needed on most killers. Not all, but most. These killers have no chance of winning without that boost. Some killers are fine without it while others are a free escape. Red ranks have enough skill and good perks/ad-ons to counteract the lack of bloodlust. I have noticed more killers played in unfun ways, camping was almost every game with the exception of a few. I haven't experienced this much back to back camping before.


    What about leaving bloodlust as is...but make it unavailable to those in the higher ranks as they shouldn't need the assist? Or alternatively, make it so that you can only get bloodlust 2 & 3 if you run Beast of Prey? I dunno. That was just a random thought there. I'd personally prefer leaving only the first tier of bloodlust and removing the 2 & 3. By the time you get 2 & 3 you should have given up the chase anyway. Bloodlust may have been a temporary solution...but it has become a part of the experience of playing as killer. Removing it altogether may cause more killers to play in far worse and unfun ways just to get a win. Course, my opinion is just based on what I personally experienced playing both sides this weekend.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1770037#Comment_1770037

    Some Brute Force pallets and some Mindgamable (with more an emphasis on mind-gameable (1-3 smallish loops in about 10-ish seconds if you brute force it) being prevalent), is probably a good thing for variety. It also gives Vault/Pallet blocker perks an actual use.

    It's the Killer equivalent of holding M1 on a Gen while the Survivor does their stuff.

    no, it doesn't give pallet blocker perks use.

    There is only one pallet blocking perk in the entire game. That's Blood Favor, that is 1) A hex, 2) has a pitiful range, and 3) requires you to land a hit.

    Ideally, it should be possible for a killer to be able to land a hit on tiles if they correctly and vice versa. God Pallets like shack are still strong and you're often better brute forcing, but it is possible to land a hit if you play correctly.

    There's a difference between something being the better strategy, and it being the only strategy.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1770101#Comment_1770101

    Land a hit in a trade? Or land a hit without being under pallet?

    Trade relies on the survivor screwing up their timing. That's the survivor making a mistake in timing, not your skill.

    Landing a hit without being under a pallet.... that's the problem? You can't reach them before they make it to the pallet and can drop it because of how long certain loops are.

  • if they address the semi infinites that are created without bloodlust they should remove it until then bloodlust should stay.

    Also gen speed balance and bloodlust balance don't go hand to hand, one of them is for chases the other is about how long the game lasts. if gen times in the beginning of the game gets worked on it doesn't mean bloodlust should there is no correlation between them.

  • Played survivor. Most experienced killers still did very well against me. Most inexperience killers did poorly bc of their poor macro decision making (not patrolling high priority gens, letting go of amazing 3 gens setups, etc). On a particular case I was against a GF in the asylum and due to dirty tile setup I was able to loop him for quite a while. His was questionably stealth camping and used me as slug bait instead of taking the kill in the EGC. I believe this was the kind of killer that was hurt the most by the BL experiment, but his lack of map control was hurting more.

    For me BL is an unnecessary safety net. It allows lazy killers to go full auto and run around until they can catch the survivor instead of making decisions (which side should I break the pallet from? etc). I don't really care if it made weak killers weaker bc as long as this mechanic stays it's just harder to buff them. And in general, I think killers would benefit more from some mechanic that was the opposite of BL. After X seconds out of chase the killer should get a speed bonus, instead of inside chases. That would help weak killers a lot more with map control, especially in big maps (looking at you red forest) and help new players starting chases and fell less inclined to commit for too long.

  • There's maps that need to be reworked again, cause they still have a lot of problems. And some of the old killers need to be reworked as well, when all of that get addressed, in my opinion, bloodlust will not be needed anymore, until then...

    Bloodlust lives.

  • @TMCalypso said:

    I can say, after playing both sides, that without bloodlust it is SO much easier for survivors to escape with little threat. Only those who don't know how to loop get caught consistently. Those who do control the match, more than they did before. With as fast as generators go off, bloodlust is needed to help end chases faster as without it, killers have a difficult time ending the first chase (against strong survivors) before gens pop off.

    Playing as survivor...I noticed the game was FAR easier to complete whatever you set out to do. The only exception I have had were the camping Leatherfaces and Ghostfaces. (There were so SO many.....) Also had one Hag running Hag's Basement and my teammates were......unique..... Had one Plague who quit after the first minute since she couldn't catch the survivor. faced 2 Pyramid Heads, one was an absolute joke, the other was skilled and got several hooks, just couldn't get a kill as the chases took just a little too long. He had more points than us though. Had a Blight who absolutely wrecked...so much so that it made me reevaluate my stance on him, he was a rank 3, btw. Rest aren't worth mentioning as a never got chased in those.

    Overall, IMO....Bloodlust is needed on most killers. Not all, but most. These killers have no chance of winning without that boost. Some killers are fine without it while others are a free escape. Red ranks have enough skill and good perks/ad-ons to counteract the lack of bloodlust. I have noticed more killers played in unfun ways, camping was almost every game with the exception of a few. I haven't experienced this much back to back camping before.

    What about leaving bloodlust as is...but make it unavailable to those in the higher ranks as they shouldn't need the assist? Or alternatively, make it so that you can only get bloodlust 2 & 3 if you run Beast of Prey? I dunno. That was just a random thought there. I'd personally prefer leaving only the first tier of bloodlust and removing the 2 & 3. By the time you get 2 & 3 you should have given up the chase anyway. Bloodlust may have been a temporary solution...but it has become a part of the experience of playing as killer. Removing it altogether may cause more killers to play in far worse and unfun ways just to get a win. Course, my opinion is just based on what I personally experienced playing both sides this weekend.

    A very balanced opinion from both sides.

    And since there is no certainty that BHVR will always make perfectly tuned maps from now until the future, Bloodlust Tier 1 should remain in the game as insurance. (I know and appreciate the efforts the developers are making to make the maps better.)

  • The thing is, Bloodlust is needed for bs loops like Cowshed Long Wall into Car loop into Shack Window but it's extremely unfair for Survivors who outplay the Killer at a really bad pallet, because those hits are undeserved.

    Once all those BS Loop Connections are Tiles are fixed, we can remove Bloodlust for good or make it to a Perk but at the moment it's pretty much needed even thought it's extremely unfair in certain situations.

    Outplaying the Killer at a Hawkin's short loops feels nice, but the Killer starts moving at a 130 % so your Outplay doesn't matter, but at the same time, there are Car Loops which connect to a long Wall Jungle Gym Window while on the other side there waits the Shack Window.

    BL is an unhealthy mechanic which is needed, it's sad but true.