Twins Appreciation Post

The twins are probably the most ambitious Killer we’ve had released to date. They’re full of unique mechanics and were probably a total pain to add into the game. I bet they took twice the development time of most of the other Killers and the Devs are still working on them right now desperately trying to get them ready as soon as possible.

So in the sea of hate posts about the twins, I want to leave this. Thank you Devs for taking risks and believing in a wild idea enough to implement it. I notice the effort you’re putting in even if a bunch of other people want to complain. The twins are super creative and I’m sure they’ll be a great addition once they’re finished and polished up.

Comments

  • I always appreciate new content but it's not going to be completely done on release scared me because after playing a few games with them you could probably see 3 big issues with their power and not gonna lie I'm disappointed that the locker things not going to available on launch now lack of animation if fine because being able to play them is better than being "outplayed" because there was a locker

  • Unbinding Victor was literally the most insane thing I have done in this game so far.... and I loved it. I'm excited to become a sweaty charlotte because I think they have potential and are just downright fun!!

  • I've been a little disappointed with how they're handling her (their?) balance, but I am also 100% happy with how original and ambitious they are. Hopefully this means even more unique killers in the future!

  • Well yeah once they actually complete the killer they'll be good...kinda goes without saying. But can you really blame people for complaining about the way they've handled this upcoming DLC? The fact that they have so many issues that they didn't even notice before they even released it to the PTB (issues that you would've found out after testing them for literally 5 minutes. Surely their testers have some kind of checklist and thorough method to follow by now, they've been doing this for 4 years?) Idk man it's so concerning to see they still don't have a good grasp on game balance after so long. They needed us to discover these issues for them.

    Still, the changes look good and at least they'll be playable eventually.

  • I think that it's not hate directly towards the killer power and design, but massive flaws they didn't see.

  • Yes, I do agree that there is much work that was done, and I appreciate that dedication.

    But I'm still having major issues with why BHVR made kicking a [REDACTED] a goal (an action that I can't say I don't find satisfying).

  • I definitely appreciate how different every killer is. And this is the first killer that can swap between two avatars which is pretty interesting.

    Of course the devil is in the details and at release survivors will still be able to dodge Victor in lockers until the fix they're planning eventually gets animations to go live. So I'm definitely not buying them at least until that is resolved.

  • The new killer is too weak.. so weak that it is far from fun, for me a killer that is humiliated and destroyed in every game is not fun.

  • I love them and can't wait for their release. I had a blast playing as and against them even with some of their flaws. I legit had one game where I couldn't do anything cause both of them bugged between a switch, but I still kept playing cause I found them absolutely enjoyable when things didn't break.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    Well yeah once they actually complete the killer they'll be good...kinda goes without saying. But can you really blame people for complaining about the way they've handled this upcoming DLC? The fact that they have so many issues that they didn't even notice before they even released it to the PTB (issues that you would've found out after testing them for literally 5 minutes. Surely their testers have some kind of checklist and thorough method to follow by now, they've been doing this for 4 years?) Idk man it's so concerning to see they still don't have a good grasp on game balance after so long. They needed us to discover these issues for them.

    Still, the changes look good and at least they'll be playable eventually.

    Testers don’t test flaws, they test if it functions correctly, that’s why their title is quality assurance functionality. To test gameplay and balances they send it to the PTB, you get better results from the public.

  • I dunno if I'll like them much but I approve of them trying to make unique killers.

  • look, thematically they are great. the design, music and general theme is really interesting it's just they are mechanically abusable and you know when a survivor finds a strat they can abuse they will use it more than my dad used his belt.

    and the proposed changes do not change how they are abused they just added a time limit to it and the locker abuse won't even be fixed upon release due to animation time which is fine and all but the worst part is they knew about how the lockers completely countered them and would be abused by survivors but did not know how it would affect the power of the killer

    TLdr:

    art/music team 10/10

    game design team 2/10