Anyone Else Have Massive Frame Drop This Patch?
I made a thread about this in the bug section, but no one (Devs or Mods) have seem to confirm they saw it or provide any solutions that I may have not thought about. Therefor I'm asking if anyone else has experienced this and fixed it? Or it's a general issue that remains unresolved. I have had nothing but steady 60 frames on Low 0 Resolution on this game for 1.3K hours, but now I can't even get pass 20. The Main Menu is worse in that I only get 10-15 there. Yesterday it would randomly come back for a few seconds every 5 minutes or so, but today I have had no such mercy. The game even gave me it's first ever crash when loading a new bloodweb level. Very frustrating.
So has anyone got any advice for me? Or are experiencing similar problems? Let me know please. Thank you.
Comments
I have 10-15 fps drops since the patch. Mostly on big maps. (Swamp, mothers dwelling, shelter Woods)
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one having frame issues, however mine seems to involve the entirety of the game itself. Are you having frame drops in the menu? Or only on those maps?
ya my frames have been terrible but they were fine this morning
Not only have frames gone to ######### but anytime I try to pick survivors off generators, windows, pallets or hook my character freezes in the pickup animation but the survivors can still move about freely and do stuff. This freeze will last for about 20 or so seconds before I gain control again by which point I'm watching survivors confusingly t-bagging me or simply poping gens.
This 2X BP event is nearly unplayable as killer on console right now simply because of this issue. I don't really want to play survivor but its the only way I can get BP, and its highly unlikely BHVR will offer console a "do over" on this event.
They said they are looking to get console a optimization patch by December but we need at least a fix on our current FPS downgrade that this chapter release has caused.
If you are starting out at a decent rate and it steadily declines to a freeze then usually that is a memory leak . For those who launch at a lower then normal rate ive noticed this too and if I sit on the killer/survivor screen a few mins it usually corrects , haven't been seeing any major drops in matches after that . What I have been experiencing though is the sudden 2 sec freeze at random times and usually seems to be triggered by a event , someone hooked , pallet dropped or even a skillcheck . These are totally random and maybe 1 in every 2 or 3 matches on average .
I actually have this every now and then but also when I start the game if I'm in alt tab the game bugs out and ends up not responding
If render scaling is too low, it can also cause performance issues.
I have a PC that can just run the game at 30fps playing Killer. I get at least 45fps as Survivor. The reason I get less as Killer is because for some reason the weapon being on the screen makes it run even worse.
You should set your render scaling to around 50%. Believe me, it helps.
Though I might be wrong - I think render scaling being too low affecting performance may be For Honor instead of Dead by Daylight. But try it anyway.
Going into the store causes the FPS of the entire game to drop until the game is restarted. On console, it persists until you reboot the console. So, don’t go into the store and then expect to play the game. You need to close it, and reopen it.
(Edited for grammar)