Tips for new PC killer?

So, I've been playing this game for about two years on PS4, but it looks like my PS4 has bit the dust (rip). I've had a good enough Laptop to run DBD for awhile now, but the biggest thing that's been holding me back is just the fact that I don't wanna start over, but unless I can fix my PS4, it looks like I'll be switching to PC. When I have enough to spend, I'll probably get the Stranger Things edition, because as far as I can tell it has the most content and is cheaper than the Silent Hill edition. Plus, it means I can main Steve again.

So, I'm just asking for some very basic tips! Things like general sensitivity, maybe how to "flick" as killers like Oni and Blight. Maybe this time I'll be able to get all the perks in a timely manner.

And now, an ode for my fallen console. Gone, but never forgotten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgKAFK5djSk


Comments

  • Honestly, outside of the new input method I had no problems with the switchover.

  • You can use the killer tutorial and practice walking around, attacking the bots, lunging, moonwalking, etc. until you find the sensitivity you like.

    Other than that just play some matches and you’ll pick it up as you go. Once you understand how to play the game, there isn’t a lot to it mechanically to be honest. And prepare to enjoy how much easier it is to counter 360s and play killers with ranged powers :D

  • @xenotimebong said:

    You can use the killer tutorial and practice walking around, attacking the bots, lunging, moonwalking, etc. until you find the sensitivity you like.

    Other than that just play some matches and you’ll pick it up as you go. Once you understand how to play the game, there isn’t a lot to it mechanically to be honest. And prepare to enjoy how much easier it is to counter 360s and play killers with ranged powers :D

    Now I can finally play Huntress or Blight without having my PS4 ######### itself whenever a survivor runs through a piece of grass :D

  • @NomiNomad said:

    So, I've been playing this game for about two years on PS4, but it looks like my PS4 has bit the dust (rip). I've had a good enough Laptop to run DBD for awhile now, but the biggest thing that's been holding me back is just the fact that I don't wanna start over, but unless I can fix my PS4, it looks like I'll be switching to PC. When I have enough to spend, I'll probably get the Stranger Things edition, because as far as I can tell it has the most content and is cheaper than the Silent Hill edition. Plus, it means I can main Steve again.

    So, I'm just asking for some very basic tips! Things like general sensitivity, maybe how to "flick" as killers like Oni and Blight. Maybe this time I'll be able to get all the perks in a timely manner.

    And now, an ode for my fallen console. Gone, but never forgotten.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgKAFK5djSk

    step 1 equip Bubba, step 2 facecamp for the funz

  • I've never fiddled with mouse sens and I felt just fine. However I didn't use killers that required flicking. It sucks your console took a crap. I've had that happen a few times and it's one of the reasons I converted to PC years ago.

    Having played for 2 years you probably already know this but I suggest lvling up Bubba first for BBQ. It really helps cut down on the grind.

  • Best advice I've gotten all week. Truly, you've got stuff figured out.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    I've never fiddled with mouse sens and I felt just fine. However I didn't use killers that required flicking. It sucks your console took a crap. I've had that happen a few times and it's one of the reasons I converted to PC years ago.

    Having played for 2 years you probably already know this but I suggest lvling up Bubba first for BBQ. It really helps cut down on the grind.

    Yeah, definitely. One of the mistakes when I first played this game was making Bubba more or less one of the last licensed killers I got. Never again

  • Keep crossplay on unless you want to go against only the most sweaty people. That goes for killer and survivor.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1760392#Comment_1760392

    Yeah, definitely. One of the mistakes when I first played this game was making Bubba more or less one of the last licensed killers I got. Never again

    Most people know the chances of BBQ showing up in the shrine. You have better luck getting Xur to sell gjallarhorn in Destiny 1 before The Taken King expansion