Types of survivors
Playing solo q is hell mostly all my teammates are just hot garbage and are useless. very rarely will I get godly teammates and when I do at least 3 of us escape. I dislike those survivors who just hide and urban evasion away from a gen as soon as they hear the TR. Don't see how playing like that is fun. It wouldn't be a problem if I got those teammates every now and again but it's 90% OF MY GAMES! Why do they all play like their life is on the line? When they get chased the chase last only 10 seconds. Idk what I should do either keep playing solo q or swf
Comments
BTW I left some stuff out but I'm hoping people get the gist of what I'm talking about
Yeah, that’s how it is. But it’s not even their problem. It’s the rank system.
I have talked before about a survivor named Busibusi. A Meg. That Meg spent all match hiding in a locker and repaired half a generator. Then she escaped and made 12k in total.
Busibusi was red rank. How is that allowed? Busibusi must be in rank 50. 20 is too high for that survivor.
This game is full of Busibusis.
In my 2 years of playing solo survivor, I've gotten it down to the following awful survivor types you will always encounter:
The Sneaker: They enjoy Urban Evasion so much, they're willing to let you die on hook so they can hide and seek out their precious hatch.
The Suicider: The most over-altruistic survivor you could meet, who enjoys nothing more than divebombing at you on hook so they can take their turn to play on it.
The Pallet Dropper: A classic survivor who will literally throw every possible pallet they see during a chase, and usually goes down within 10 seconds once they can't find another.
The Exhausted: A fairly decent looper but once they decide to use up that Dead Hard, they almost always run into a wall directly afterwards because they're too focused on watching your fabulous killer self.
This is me kind of making a little joke on the hellish nightmare that is solo queue, but I agree. Most times I'm dead on hook because they either stealth, or divebomb and I get tunneled because of no BT. I love this game!
I’d add another:
The Straight survivor: This survivor does everything in a straight line. Their “W” key is the only one that works and thus that’s all their tactics revolve around, going in a straight line and never looking back. This survivor will occasionally unhook and throw a pallet, but -only- if it happens to be on their way. It is rumoured they take you sight seeing when you chase them.
Hahaha I tend to mostly run forward till a tile if the killer isn't Huntress, Deathslinger or a powered up Oni, because it wastes their time to catch up and I'm not a great looper. But I also don't look back that much because it's hard to look back and front all the time in console (I'm always hitting walls and dying even faster when I do so), so when I'm still not in a tile I mostly look ahead (and for that Spine Chill helps me to be sure the killer is still chasing me).
But windows of opportunity is helping in that regard too, of knowing where to run in to in a rainy day ahhahaa
Sorry :(
I think that most people coming to Dead by Daylight don't expect to run in circles like Benny Hill, while playing a HORROR game...
I am not a Survivor Main, but when I am playing one I LOVE hiding, actually my main goal is not to be found by the killer even once, like in Hitman, Thief the Dark Project or Splinter Cell.
I do unhook and repair a lot and if I get forced into a chase I try my best to escape without looping (which I refuse to do, I rather get hooked)
This is a horror theme game not a horror game and I think I know why people find doctor annoying because he counters people who avoid chase because they're bad at looping. One thing I will admit though that even though swf is awful if the survivors are good they aren't afraid to get chased meaning killers don't gotta spend 5 minutes looking for survivors
The problem is, you can Urban Evade around the map, get sneaky unhooks, do some totems and a gen, then creep around until you get hatch and you’ll pip yourself all the way to red ranks. Your team will always die around you and you’ll never learn how to loop but you yourself will live and earn enough pips to hit rank 2.
The fact that the ranking system rewards this behaviour is the problem. Play like this at rank 15 where killers also waste a lot of time and your teammates are probably the same, that’s fine. Unfortunately if you get a ruthless, efficient killer and teammates who aren’t playing immersed, this scaredy playstyle will almost certainly doom everyone else.
They should really add a system like Hearthstone where you grind up ranks from 20-1 just like we have now but upon reaching 1 you are pooled with others into an MMR style, leaving learning players into the ranks, medium skilled ones at transition/low MMR, and the people with thousands of hours to play against each other.
Yes, I totally understand that, but the looping, more aggressive playstyle (as Survivor) is not that appealing to me.