So enduring is a lie

Man I was looking real forward to when power struggle was coming my ass was ready prepping the end fury ready so I could laugh evilly as those that think they would have escaped instead meet the cold floor again with a even harder hit of the fact that they wasted the pallet now.

But then I was informed enduring actually only affects "normal pallet stuns not saves or power struggle" sure spirit fury still works but that's not the point.

The perk litteraly says affects all pallet stuns by 50% no fineprint saying saves do not count. Like if is this is intended why does its description not reflect that. Why must you make me suffer

Maybe I am overreacting but how would you react im actually curious and main question is should enduring actually affect all pallet stuns or at the least have its description reflect its true nature?.

Comments

  • If enduring affected pallet saves you would be able to hit even before the survivor touches the ground. Then there would be no point in even pallet saving.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'm not sure but I think enduring used to affect the stun you get after dropping a survivor but they changed that because it was a counter to DS.

    iirc it used to affect all stuns, then they made it just pallet stuns

    edit: idk tho never really used it

  • @Zani22 said:

    Man I was looking real forward to when power struggle was coming my ass was ready prepping the end fury ready so I could laugh evilly as those that think they would have escaped instead meet the cold floor again with a even harder hit of the fact that they wasted the pallet now.

    But then I was informed enduring actually only affects "normal pallet stuns not saves or power struggle" sure spirit fury still works but that's not the point.

    The perk litteraly says affects all pallet stuns by 50% no fineprint saying saves do not count. Like if is this is intended why does its description not reflect that. Why must you make me suffer

    Maybe I am overreacting but how would you react im actually curious and main question is should enduring actually affect all pallet stuns or at the least have its description reflect its true nature?.

    Well,the stun from a pallet save doesn't come from the dropped pallet itself but from the survivor getting of your shoulder (which is not affected by enduring,obviously).

  • @Zani22 said:

    Man I was looking real forward to when power struggle was coming my ass was ready prepping the end fury ready so I could laugh evilly as those that think they would have escaped instead meet the cold floor again with a even harder hit of the fact that they wasted the pallet now.

    But then I was informed enduring actually only affects "normal pallet stuns not saves or power struggle" sure spirit fury still works but that's not the point.

    The perk litteraly says affects all pallet stuns by 50% no fineprint saying saves do not count. Like if is this is intended why does its description not reflect that. Why must you make me suffer

    Maybe I am overreacting but how would you react im actually curious and main question is should enduring actually affect all pallet stuns or at the least have its description reflect its true nature?.

    Its never affected pallet saves iirc.

  • You are stunned by the survivor escaping you grasp. On which enduring has no effect

  • pallet save =/= pallet stun

  • @Zani22 said:

    Man I was looking real forward to when power struggle was coming my ass was ready prepping the end fury ready so I could laugh evilly as those that think they would have escaped instead meet the cold floor again with a even harder hit of the fact that they wasted the pallet now.

    But then I was informed enduring actually only affects "normal pallet stuns not saves or power struggle" sure spirit fury still works but that's not the point.

    The perk litteraly says affects all pallet stuns by 50% no fineprint saying saves do not count. Like if is this is intended why does its description not reflect that. Why must you make me suffer

    Maybe I am overreacting but how would you react im actually curious and main question is should enduring actually affect all pallet stuns or at the least have its description reflect its true nature?.

    Enduring was butchered because of survivors!

    1. Survivor were complaining that they weren't getting enough breathing space after DS because enduring reduced stun time

    2. Enduring countered Head-On

    Don't mean to start a us vs them war, but this is the exact reason why Enduring was nerfed

  • Pallet save.

    Pallet stun.

    See the difference?

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/206755/so-enduring-is-a-lie

    Enduring was butchered because of survivors!

    1. Survivor were complaining that they weren't getting enough breathing space after DS because enduring reduced stun time

    2. Enduring countered Head-On

    Don't mean to start a us vs them war, but this is the exact reason why Enduring was nerfed

    Not really. Let alone that Enduring affected DS in a way that it was absolutely laughable to use, the Devs also changed it so that they can create Perks with Stuns without having to worry about Enduring. (Same reason why they nerfed Balanced Landing, but I can also say that "BL was butchered because of Killers!"...)

    Like, Power Struggle would not have been possible with old Enduring, since it would affect the Stun of the Survivor getting free, which means that if the Survivor and Killer are on the same side of the Pallet, the Survivor would be down right again.

    So either Power Struggle would have never existed OR it would have gotten some extra seconds of Stun on the Killer to compensate for a potential Enduring, which would make the Stun even longer for Killers who dont use it.

    Enduring is still a really useful Perk, even tho Killers tend to put as much Slowdown as possible, since you dont have to play that well if you stack Slowdown as much as possible.

  • I didn't play early, but checking on the version history of the perk on the link:

    Perk descriptions may vary from in-game descriptions for reasons explained here.Perks support Mouse-over functionality (desktop version only): hovering over the modifier words with your cursor will reveal the values behind them.On mobile browsers, the values are displayed in small text after the modifier words. Desktop users experiencing issues with the mouse-over may temporarily switch to mobile view at the bottom of an Article page. Enduring is a teachable Unique Hillbilly Perk . It can be unl

    1.0.0 "Recovery rate of stuns caused by physical objects is increased by X%"

    1.2.1 "Recovery rate of stuns caused by physical objects is increased by X%. Recovery time of stuns caused by Perks is reduced by Y%." <<< DS was introduced with Laurie here

    2.6.0 "Your Stun Recovery rate is increased by X%" << Removed effect on perks.

    3.0.0 "Pallet Stun duration reduced by X%" << Removed effect on Pallet saves.

    It seems that it affected both pallet saves/DS since their introduction and for quite a long time. Current description is accurate tho, and pallet stun/saves are different. Enduring is already a good chasing tool and perks change bc the game changes.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1755960#Comment_1755960

    Not really. Let alone that Enduring affected DS in a way that it was absolutely laughable to use, the Devs also changed it so that they can create Perks with Stuns without having to worry about Enduring. (Same reason why they nerfed Balanced Landing, but I can also say that "BL was butchered because of Killers!"...)

    Like, Power Struggle would not have been possible with old Enduring, since it would affect the Stun of the Survivor getting free, which means that if the Survivor and Killer are on the same side of the Pallet, the Survivor would be down right again.

    So either Power Struggle would have never existed OR it would have gotten some extra seconds of Stun on the Killer to compensate for a potential Enduring, which would make the Stun even longer for Killers who dont use it.

    Enduring is still a really useful Perk, even tho Killers tend to put as much Slowdown as possible, since you dont have to play that well if you stack Slowdown as much as possible.

    I wouldn't necessarily say that killers are the blame for BL nerf, I blame the BL nerf on the devs for poor map design. Haddonfield alone is a problem within itself!

    I see what your getting at though, old Enduring is a double edged sword

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1755960#Comment_1755960

    Not really. Let alone that Enduring affected DS in a way that it was absolutely laughable to use, the Devs also changed it so that they can create Perks with Stuns without having to worry about Enduring. (Same reason why they nerfed Balanced Landing, but I can also say that "BL was butchered because of Killers!"...)

    Like, Power Struggle would not have been possible with old Enduring, since it would affect the Stun of the Survivor getting free, which means that if the Survivor and Killer are on the same side of the Pallet, the Survivor would be down right again.

    So either Power Struggle would have never existed OR it would have gotten some extra seconds of Stun on the Killer to compensate for a potential Enduring, which would make the Stun even longer for Killers who dont use it.

    Enduring is still a really useful Perk, even tho Killers tend to put as much Slowdown as possible, since you dont have to play that well if you stack Slowdown as much as possible.

    The BL nerf is because you could stack 2 exaustion perk whitout any consequence

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/206755/so-enduring-is-a-lie

    Enduring was butchered because of survivors!

    1. Survivor were complaining that they weren't getting enough breathing space after DS because enduring reduced stun time

    2. Enduring countered Head-On

    Don't mean to start a us vs them war, but this is the exact reason why Enduring was nerfed

    In all fairness to Head On. It was invalidated completely by Enduring.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1755960#Comment_1755960

    In all fairness to Head On. It was invalidated completely by Enduring.

    I could careless about head on now. After all I am a Spirit main and she's one of the only killers that can 100% negate Head-on

  • Pallet save /=/ Pallet stun

    The animations are even different