Map offerings can be very unfair
So, right now there are 3 kinds of map offering: brown, yellow and green. The last one being, in my opinion, overpowered.
The reason for this is simple: a green map offering almost guarantees that the match will take place there (in my 3 years of DbD, only once it didn't happen). This itself wouldn't be a problem, but there are 4 survivors against 1 killer so if they really want to go to a map they can just use 2 green offerings and you, as the killer, can't do anything. Even if you use another green map offering.
I think this can be changed by 2 different ways:
1) Map offerings work reversed: instead of increasing the chances of going to a realm, they decrease it.
Or
2) Survivors don't have access to green map offerings: only to brown and yellow ones.
So, if a group of survivors want to go to Haddonfield for example, they'd have to use multiple (2 or 3) offerings to ensure the match will play there. This would give the killer some opportunity to use its map offering and have a chance of making a difference in the chosen realm.
By the way, I am indeed a killer main so take this with a grain of salt. But I tried to be as objectively as possible.
Even if the options I said above aren't the best, I still think the map offerings need some change.
Comments
Wait there are brown and yellow map offerings? Since when?! I only ever see the green offerings but I understand what you're saying.
As survivor whenever I get two or three indoor maps in a row I will start using map offerings to try and avoid those maps again, at least for a lil while.
I have never used a map offering as killer, but I don't run builds that are dependant on a certain map either.
With that bias, I wouldn't mind no map offerings at all and let the dice roll. But there's no way killers who do use map-based builds would go for that change.
I'm assuming the reasons for having map offerings is to try new ones as they come out, or return to a favorite. With the strong imbalance of several of them favoring one role over the other it has become "I need this map" or "I hate this map."
Yes, there are for older maps. But after a patch they stopped showing up on the bloodweb and new maps after that don't get them anymore.
Ahhh I see
I agree with what you said because I also do the same of, sometimes, using map offerings to "avoid" certain realms. For this reason I think the option 1 (maps offerings working reversed) would be good. You can deny the map you don't like while also being random realm
It's more of an issue with map balance itself than the offerings. You have a really problematic map if, say, a Haddonfield offering is used by survivors 90 out of 100 uses of that offering. If only one role ever wants to go to a place, that would raise some huge red flags to me.
Guy, you want maps offerings to be nerfed too? Next will be broken keys
One heck of an assumption!
Personally, I feel like survivors shouldn't get map offerings, only killers. Certain killer builds only work on specific maps, so if a competing offering takes them to a different map the killer might as well go afk. An ineffectual killer makes for a crappy match for all five players.
I don't expect everyone or necessarily anyone to agree; this is just my opinion. And no map offerings for survivors would make the map-specific achievements more annoying, which would suck.
My opinion is nobody should have map offerings but let the game choose it randomly when I see map offering I'm pissed of
And no I never played killer I'm survivor main I just don't like map offerings in general