Midwich with OoO

So I'm pretty sure we all know the problem with OoO on Midwich, well I just had 3 of them, and I didnt feel like dealing with that so just went to a corner of the map and went afk, I tab back in, only to see them calling me toxic for wasting their midwich offering, they got to play on Midwich so I don't see how I wasted their offering. So now for the point of this, in this situation would you be upset you used a midwich offering?

Comments

  • I think that survivors who use a Midwich offering with multiple Objects know exactly what they’re doing, and deserve no sympathy whatsoever.

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    So I'm pretty sure we all know the problem with OoO on Midwich, well I just had 3 of them, and I didnt feel like dealing with that so just went to a corner of the map and went afk, I tab back in, only to see them calling me toxic for wasting their midwich offering, they got to play on Midwich so I don't see how I wasted their offering. So now for the point of this, in this situation would you be upset you used a midwich offering?

    Nah. Midwich is a boring map that can be occasionally op. The offering wouldn't be missed.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    I think that survivors who use a Midwich offering with multiple Objects know exactly what they’re doing, and deserve no sympathy whatsoever.

    This

    I'd add more but really, what else needs to be said?

  • I use midwich offerings because I like the map, I never use OoO but I wouldn't be upset over a map offering

  • No, I wouldn't be upset in the slightest. If I wanted to make a killer give up and go AFK this is exactly what I'd do, so offering well used I guess. I got to go to Midwich, had a killer go AFK/DC/get bullied, and game over with and I was never caught. That's the point of using it, so that's exactly what I got.

    Plus, if you use Midwich + OOO, I hope you know I'm breaking my no facecamp or tunneling rule and you will be dying this game. You deserve no fair play at all for trying to do this. :)

    DISCLAIMER: I would not do this in the first place. I've faced this bullshit too often to do it to someone else.

  • @Hoodied said:

    I use midwich offerings because I like the map, I never use OoO but I wouldn't be upset over a map offering

    Can I ask why? most people I know dislike the map as both killer and survivor, Id like to hear what appeals to someone who likes it?

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    So I'm pretty sure we all know the problem with OoO on Midwich, well I just had 3 of them, and I didnt feel like dealing with that so just went to a corner of the map and went afk, I tab back in, only to see them calling me toxic for wasting their midwich offering, they got to play on Midwich so I don't see how I wasted their offering. So now for the point of this, in this situation would you be upset you used a midwich offering?

    Well, I don't use OoO, but I'd probably think "whatever", I guess. I like Silent Hill, so I'd probably be exploring the map in the free time.

  • I had the same earlier, though it was just the 1 with OoO on Midwitch. Clearly a 4-man SWF because no matter what I attempted, they just knew exactly where I was coming from. So, I decided to test them. I just 'gave up' and stood still, and as I was Bubba, they decided to come rub in the fact I'd 'given up'. Karma is a true ######### because all 4 went down at once. I got called toxic and a tryhard, but I mean, who's really the tryhard in this situation?

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1748723#Comment_1748723

    Can I ask why? most people I know dislike the map as both killer and survivor, Id like to hear what appeals to someone who likes it?

    You can and I will answer!

    Midwich has my favorite design out of any of the maps on dbd, gameplay wise I can agree is atrocious and I would love to see that map looked into, but how the map looks is beautiful.

    When I play dbd I don't aim to win, I try my hardest to have fun

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1748740#Comment_1748740

    You can and I will answer!

    Midwich has my favorite design out of any of the maps on dbd, gameplay wise I can agree is atrocious and I would love to see that map looked into, but how the map looks is beautiful.

    When I play dbd I don't aim to win, I try my hardest to have fun

    I can kinda understand that, it does feel right out of Silent Hill.

  • It's completely reasonable, I don't blame you in the slightest. They knew what they were doing and you had no obligation to be their NPC. Same as, for example, the ebony mori iri head huntress who gets pissed because they get 4 insta DC's.

    If they wanna win easy, they get exactly what they wished for.

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1748723#Comment_1748723

    Can I ask why? most people I know dislike the map as both killer and survivor, Id like to hear what appeals to someone who likes it?

    I love Midwich visually and as a concept. If BHVR would do something about just holding W down the hallways being so strong and adding some kind of indicator for where gens are like flickering lights in rooms, it would probably be one of my favorite maps.

  • @Crypticghoul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1748740#Comment_1748740

    I love Midwich visually and as a concept. If BHVR would do something about just holding W down the hallways being so strong and adding some kind of indicator for where gens are like flickering lights in rooms, it would probably be one of my favorite maps.

    I'd also argue that the exit gates really need repositioning, too.