What "underrated" franchises would you wanna see

It's me again, doing another video tonight on characters I'd like to see, but again I want opinions of you guys on the forum. My video on characters I don't want to see is rendering right now (I'll probably do a part 2 of that because I forgot to mention a few other things I don't want to see). I wanna do this on the "underrated" franchises in horror or just horror movies that I feel don't get a lot of appreciation that I think would do great in this game.


Hostel, survivors are kinda endless with the 3 movies. Killer? The guy from the first movie personally this guy.

MV5BMTM3MDY4NTgyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTY5MjUzMQ@@._V1_.jpg

Ma, survivors would be cool I can't decide who though. Ma as a killer would be great, that movie was amazing. In my younger days, we relied on older ones we hung out with for parties and drink/smokes which could have been dangerous, when I saw that movie it actually scared me.

Happy Death Day, baby faced killer would be cool I don't know about powers but it was a great movie. Tree was a hilarious character and I loved her.

Purge, there's so many options. I don't think this franchise is overrated though, it did get a lot of hype, but the skins! All the skins you could have if the license allowed it.

Comments

  • Not really a franchise but a movie called Hush. It's about this deaf woman who has her house robbed and without spoiling anything she survives but barely. It'd make an alright chapter

  • @Elena said:

    Not really a franchise but a movie called Hush. It's about this deaf woman who has her house robbed and without spoiling anything she survives but barely. It'd make an alright chapter

    Hush was an amazing movie, I loved how they did it! It was quite a unique movie.

  • image.png

    I want these so badly. An almost fully invisible beast, that will sneak upon survivors and grab them after a few seconds of standing on top of them if they don't spot the shadow/environments movements and that will use its tentacles to start vaulting/breaking animations from ~5-7 bigger range.

  • @Elena said:

    Not really a franchise but a movie called Hush. It's about this deaf woman who has her house robbed and without spoiling anything she survives but barely. It'd make an alright chapter

    Hush was a fantastic movie and such a frightening concept. The killer could make a good alternate outfit for Legion.

  • I would like to see the Purge ( or Purge/american themed skins), Candyman, Silence of lambs, Outlast, and Idk maybe something else

  • I would love to see Little Nightmares make its way into the game. It will absolutely never happen. We have a higher chance of Jason than Little Nightmares. But it's fun to think about what it would be like if it somehow made its way into the game. There are a lot of things that would make it not work though such as that game's art style being a tad bit cartoony for DBD.

    There wouldn't a survivor as the only characters that would fit that bill, are children and we can't have kids in DBD for obvious reasons.

    The killer on the other hand...well there's quite a lot to choose from, each are very unique. There is The Janitor with his short stubby legs but incredibly long arms which could reach long distances. Then there is the twin chefs who could make for interesting gameplay, playing as two killers at once. These I feel would be the best choice.

    The map could be The Maw, a massive vessel travelling underwater where guests come to eat their lives away. It would be an indoor map of course but there is a lot of rooms such as the children's bedroom, the Janitor's preparation room, the kitchen, the dining area and the residence area.

    Like I said though, it will absolutely never happen. But if it ever somehow did, I reckon it would be an incredible DLC.

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SFW3UWZBHEDS/image.png

    I want these so badly. An almost fully invisible beast, that will sneak upon survivors and grab them after a few seconds of standing on top of them if they don't spot the shadow/environments movements and that will use its tentacles to start vaulting/breaking animations from ~5-7 bigger range.

    Isn't that from Miss Periguine's?

  • The look-see would be pretty dope

  • Yeah, one of my favourite movies because of the soundtrack and these things.

    They are one of few cinema monsters that actually scared me as an adult. The way they ambush their prey, the fact they aim for the eyes, gosh, that would be so good fit for DbD.

  • @GrimmReaper said:

    I would love to see Little Nightmares make its way into the game. It will absolutely never happen. We have a higher chance of Jason than Little Nightmares. But it's fun to think about what it would be like if it somehow made its way into the game. There are a lot of things that would make it not work though such as that game's art style being a tad bit cartoony for DBD.

    There wouldn't a survivor as the only characters that would fit that bill, are children and we can't have kids in DBD for obvious reasons.

    The killer on the other hand...well there's quite a lot to choose from, each are very unique. There is The Janitor with his short stubby legs but incredibly long arms which could reach long distances. Then there is the twin chefs who could make for interesting gameplay, playing as two killers at once. These I feel would be the best choice.

    The map could be The Maw, a massive vessel travelling underwater where guests come to eat their lives away. It would be an indoor map of course but there is a lot of rooms such as the children's bedroom, the Janitor's preparation room, the kitchen, the dining area and the residence area.

    Like I said though, it will absolutely never happen. But if it ever somehow did, I reckon it would be an incredible DLC.

    Yeah I think I have agreed with you and that topic in another thread before :)


    but I want The Lady as a killer with some sort of light/shadow and/or mirror based power and Six as a young adult but with the iconic yellow raincoat as survivor. Six could also come with some darker perks that resemble her ‚hunger‘

  • Tony the Pimp from Demons.

    Best. Horror. Character. Ever.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    I would like to see the Purge ( or Purge/american themed skins), Candyman, Silence of lambs, Outlast, and Idk maybe something else

    Outslats was the first horror game I actually picked up and played other than fnaf, it scared me good.

  • @Asssblasster625 said:

    The look-see would be pretty dope

    From CryptTV? Yes!

  • @itsaconehead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1739779#Comment_1739779

    Outslats was the first horror game I actually picked up and played other than fnaf, it scared me good.

    Ohh cool what did you think?

  • @GrimmReaper said:

    I would love to see Little Nightmares make its way into the game. It will absolutely never happen. We have a higher chance of Jason than Little Nightmares. But it's fun to think about what it would be like if it somehow made its way into the game. There are a lot of things that would make it not work though such as that game's art style being a tad bit cartoony for DBD.

    There wouldn't a survivor as the only characters that would fit that bill, are children and we can't have kids in DBD for obvious reasons.

    The killer on the other hand...well there's quite a lot to choose from, each are very unique. There is The Janitor with his short stubby legs but incredibly long arms which could reach long distances. Then there is the twin chefs who could make for interesting gameplay, playing as two killers at once. These I feel would be the best choice.

    The map could be The Maw, a massive vessel travelling underwater where guests come to eat their lives away. It would be an indoor map of course but there is a lot of rooms such as the children's bedroom, the Janitor's preparation room, the kitchen, the dining area and the residence area.

    Like I said though, it will absolutely never happen. But if it ever somehow did, I reckon it would be an incredible DLC.

    Little nightmares was actually a great game, I really enjoyed it. I was expecting it to be another version of Little planet and I was pleasantly surprised.

  • I loved it! The anticipation, I hated horrors when this game came out and played it on a bet that I wouldn't make it past the title screen. It was genuinely frightening, I ended up getting like halfway through it then just watched someone else play it because I got freaked. I think I'd honestly play it again now that I'm older and not as scared, but it's definitely worthy of the genre!

  • Honestly, I got a few. Mostly internet horror

    Slenderman is pretty underrated by this community

    Tim_confronts_The_Operator.png

    Sirenhead would be pretty cool imo

    siren-head.jpg

    I'd also be down for the Rake

    The_Rake.jpg

    And last but not least, My personal favorite SCPs

    Logo_of_the_SCP_Foundation.png


  • @itsaconehead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1740136#Comment_1740136

    I loved it! The anticipation, I hated horrors when this game came out and played it on a bet that I wouldn't make it past the title screen. It was genuinely frightening, I ended up getting like halfway through it then just watched someone else play it because I got freaked. I think I'd honestly play it again now that I'm older and not as scared, but it's definitely worthy of the genre!

    And worthy to be in this game, Outlast 2 help up the anticipation, and made the game even more ######### up. Fnaf was terrifying when it first came out and the the 3 games that followed, nowadays I hope they stay true to what made it terrifying to begin with, and try to make the series terrifying again. Also I did a concept of what RIchard Trager AKA The Surgeon would look like if he came into this game. Hope you are doing well, and let me know what you think of the concept.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/182654/killer-concept-the-surgeon-richard-trager-outlast#latest

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1740147#Comment_1740147

    And worthy to be in this game, Outlast 2 help up the anticipation, and made the game even more ######### up. Fnaf was terrifying when it first came out and the the 3 games that followed, nowadays I hope they stay true to what made it terrifying to begin with, and try to make the series terrifying again. Also I did a concept of what RIchard Trager AKA The Surgeon would look like if he came into this game. Hope you are doing well, and let me know what you think of the concept.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/182654/killer-concept-the-surgeon-richard-trager-outlast#latest

    It totally works! That's an amazing concept right there. I'll admit I'm not a fnaf fan, but outlast deserves a place in this game!

  • @itsaconehead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1740163#Comment_1740163

    It totally works! That's an amazing concept right there. I'll admit I'm not a fnaf fan, but outlast deserves a place in this game!

    Thank you, hopefully one day it'll happen

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1739781#Comment_1739781

    Yeah I think I have agreed with you and that topic in another thread before :)

    but I want The Lady as a killer with some sort of light/shadow and/or mirror based power and Six as a young adult but with the iconic yellow raincoat as survivor. Six could also come with some darker perks that resemble her ‚hunger‘

    The Lady could definitely work. But I choose the other two because their grotesque appearance fits with DBD pretty well. I don't think we'd get Six though. I don't think it'd be worth the backlash to have a 9 year old getting brutally attacked and killed lol

  • @itsaconehead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1739781#Comment_1739781

    Little nightmares was actually a great game, I really enjoyed it. I was expecting it to be another version of Little planet and I was pleasantly surprised.

    It is really good. Can't wait for the second one coming next year.

  • My brother and parents are huge fans of that, I can see it being a great thing in the game it's from CryptTV right?

  • @itsaconehead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1740219#Comment_1740219

    My brother and parents are huge fans of that, I can see it being a great thing in the game it's from CryptTV right?

    Yea. Even if they don’t make it a full killer I could be a legendary skin for hag.

  • @Asssblasster625 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1740241#Comment_1740241

    Yea. Even if they don’t make it a full killer I could be a legendary skin for hag.

    See, I started liking their series about the weird cult family then they made it supernatural and I lost interest, I would rather they kept it as a slasher, but it's a family thing to watch CryptTV or the kill counts from Dead Meat.

  • @itsaconehead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1740249#Comment_1740249

    See, I started liking their series about the weird cult family then they made it supernatural and I lost interest, I would rather they kept it as a slasher, but it's a family thing to watch CryptTV or the kill counts from Dead Meat.

    Sunny family cult is pretty cool but dead meat is my shiiiiiiiiiit

  • @Asssblasster625 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1740253#Comment_1740253

    Sunny family cult is pretty cool but dead meat is my shiiiiiiiiiit

    Dead Meat is the reason I love horror now, I used to be terrified of horrors even slashers would freak me out. Thanks to this game and James, it's my favourite genre!

  • @GrimmReaper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1739911#Comment_1739911

    The Lady could definitely work. But I choose the other two because their grotesque appearance fits with DBD pretty well. I don't think we'd get Six though. I don't think it'd be worth the backlash to have a 9 year old getting brutally attacked and killed lol

    They can’t put her in as a child. By they made Steve and Nancy lore-wise older than they are in the tv-show. So making Six a young adult and create some lore about her could theoretically work. But I don’t see them doing it either..

  • Night of the Demons. 80's and 90's Goth horror would be right up DBD's alley.

    Killer: Angela Franklin

    She is iconic in her own right, a demon who goes from beautiful to demonic looking. I think she would be very cool to see in this game.

    Untitled Image


    Untitled Image


    As a killer she would probably be a mix of Nurse but with additional features, since she has incredible strength, teleportation, telekinesis and immortality. She is also able to possess the dead to gain minions. So she has a lot of abilities that would be cool to see in action.

  • Stefano Valentini from the Evil Within 2. I imagine his ability will be similar to The Photographer from Identity V, being able to take pictures and sending survivors to a camera world. And then the only way to escape is to do tasks in said world while being hunted by The Obscura (You know, the camera headed creature). Plus it'll be an excuse to bring Joseph back as a survivor.