Why isn’t it against the rules to leave one person to bleed out?

I’m not talking about accidentally losing someone and having them bleed out, or slugging someone a couple of times and their timer naturally expiring, or survivors who crawl into a corner with no hooks on purpose. I’m talking about killers who down someone, and then stand over their downed body for several minutes until they bleed out.

Why is this acceptable to the devs? It serves absolutely no purpose except to grief someone. It’s rude, it’s toxic and it has no justification in terms of game mechanics. So why is this not bannable?

And please don’t say “well you’ll bleed out eventually”. I don’t think that’s a good justification to allow griefing behaviour. If someone has video evidence of a killer doing this, when it’s clear that they could easily hook the survivor but refuse to, I don’t see how it can possibly be justified.

Comments

  • AH yes, rules. I forgot survivors had a book about them.

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2119541#Comment_2119541

    You can counter flashlights with ears, facing walls, looking away or slugging and hitting the people who are around to try and save. Honestly flashlights are worse than no item at all almost ALL of the time vs good killers.

    Looking away and looking at walls works for you? Countering flashlights hasn't worked reliably for me since dedicated servers went live. I got tired of being blinded without even having the survivor in my field of view and now I just leave Lightborn on.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120253#Comment_2120253

    Yes, it works for everyone. Flashlights are only seriously a thing when you have a killer locked in animation but even then, good positioning and good control let's you play around and especially profit from them too. Unless you are caught off guard and pick a survivor without a valid "Visor" and get flashy saved they shouldn't be causing you any problems. If they were there to flashlight timing you you could have slugged and split pressure.

    Weird. I could counter them fine before dedicated servers, but after those went live I've always had issues. I don't have to be in an animation lock; I can look away immediately and put the survivor at my back and the blind still happens. When even facing walls isn't reliable, I just give up; I've shoved Lightborn on all my killers and haven't taken it off since.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2119541#Comment_2119541

    You can counter flashlights with ears, facing walls, looking away or slugging and hitting the people who are around to try and save. Honestly flashlights are worse than no item at all almost ALL of the time vs good killers.

    The one occasion that I'm referring to was in Haddonfield. It turned out to be a boring slugfest, as they kept on hanging around the open road area.

    Luckily I've almost got Lightborn as a teachable, so I can make these few situations more fun for everyone involved.

  • This content has been removed.
1 2 3 ›