Red ranks killer isn't fun.

Honestly, I only play this game to have fun. Here is a list of why red ranks killer isn't fun.

  • If you don't play perfectly, the game ends in 6 to 8 minutes. Not enough time to enjoy the match.
  • Survivors regularly bring oppressive items. (Keys, Syringes, Styptics etc)
  • Survivors regularly run extremely unfun crutch perks. (Decisive Strike)
  • Survivors who want to win will split up on 4 different gens and there is absolutely nothing you can do to get more than one of them off in a timely manner
  • The safe loops in this game are too safe and too numerous in how many exist in any given map

As killer, the exact same problems still exist that did years ago. Survivors are in complete control of the match. After 2000 hours I have come to know that Survivors who want to win will win 99% of the time. Survivors that are doing gens constantly, bam bam bam bam bam gens gens gens, wasting no time crouch walking around dumpsters or doing dull totems or even cleansing Ruin/Undying. Gens gens gens. When they do that, you feel helpless. What? How did 3 gens finish in the first chase? It's not just me either. I've watched a lot of the community's favorite streamers suffer the same experience. Otz, OhTofu, Truetalent mostly.

Boom boom boom gens done game over.

I don't think increasing gen repair time is the answer either. But, I really wish something would be done. I just want so desperately for this game to be fun at the competitive level but it isn't. It just feels so unfair all the time.

This game is the most fun at ~ 12 - 15 minutes a match, lots of chases and back and forth moments. Just like how games ending in mere minutes to gen rush isn't fun, so is slaughtering a bunch of noobs unfun. I don't want to 4k every match, I don't even care about kills. I just want to have fun and right now... yeah, it just isn't. Survivors jumping in lockers in front of me because they have DS from being hooked even though I wasn't chasing them. Unhooking in front of my face. Keys every other game. Syringers/Styptic pretty much every single game.

I guess i'll just play civilization?

Comments

  • @jhiieri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1739136#Comment_1739136

    You said that I'm lucky or a liar and you also said that I don't know what I'm talking about.

    Also, I don't know why you chose to quote me without actually reading what I wrote. Yes, almost everyone uses DS. No, they don't use it offensively. They don't TRY to get downed on purpose so they can use it.

    The 1 person I mentioned used it offensively by getting downed ON PURPOSE next to the exit gate just to DS the killer, teabag him and leave. That person is not in my list and I don't play with him anymore.

    My point on UB stands. I only saw a spike on it when Hex Ruin was changed and killers started slugging a lot more because of that. Say what you will but I was there for it. Before that people were not bringing it often.

    My point stands. Pot meet kettle.

    Yes, I said those things because they are true.

    I quoted it because I did read it. I don't think you even realize what you typed, either that or you're trolling.

    My point on UB also stands. I have seen it at all times since it was released. Say what you will, but I was there for it. I was there before it was invented.

    Sorry your only argument is to repeat tired phrases that don't apply to the situation at hand, and sorry you can't handle being wrong.

  • @justalilbit123 said:

    Honestly, I only play this game to have fun. Here is a list of why red ranks killer isn't fun.

    • If you don't play perfectly, the game ends in 6 to 8 minutes. Not enough time to enjoy the match.
    • Survivors regularly bring oppressive items. (Keys, Syringes, Styptics etc)
    • Survivors regularly run extremely unfun crutch perks. (Decisive Strike)
    • Survivors who want to win will split up on 4 different gens and there is absolutely nothing you can do to get more than one of them off in a timely manner
    • The safe loops in this game are too safe and too numerous in how many exist in any given map

    As killer, the exact same problems still exist that did years ago. Survivors are in complete control of the match. After 2000 hours I have come to know that Survivors who want to win will win 99% of the time. Survivors that are doing gens constantly, bam bam bam bam bam gens gens gens, wasting no time crouch walking around dumpsters or doing dull totems or even cleansing Ruin/Undying. Gens gens gens. When they do that, you feel helpless. What? How did 3 gens finish in the first chase? It's not just me either. I've watched a lot of the community's favorite streamers suffer the same experience. Otz, OhTofu, Truetalent mostly.

    Boom boom boom gens done game over.

    I don't think increasing gen repair time is the answer either. But, I really wish something would be done. I just want so desperately for this game to be fun at the competitive level but it isn't. It just feels so unfair all the time.

    This game is the most fun at ~ 12 - 15 minutes a match, lots of chases and back and forth moments. Just like how games ending in mere minutes to gen rush isn't fun, so is slaughtering a bunch of noobs unfun. I don't want to 4k every match, I don't even care about kills. I just want to have fun and right now... yeah, it just isn't. Survivors jumping in lockers in front of me because they have DS from being hooked even though I wasn't chasing them. Unhooking in front of my face. Keys every other game. Syringers/Styptic pretty much every single game.

    I guess i'll just play civilization?

    You are technically right with a lot of this points, but there is one problem with it. Reds ranks are not the same. There is a reason why Otz can do 50 win streaks or why the statistics looking good for killer.

    Most of the time survivor in red rank get stomped bc its too easy to get there. I know this good teams who are using everything and its frustrating, but how often do you get them?

    Sadly we need to wait for a good MMR, so that the devs get better data. But im scared for the matchmaking time.

  • Maybe if only one or two gens could be repaired at any given time?

    So if one to two gens are currently being worked on, no other gen could get repaired. Either the other 2 survivors search for chests or totems or they help repair on one of the two generators, which might allow the killer to find 2 survivors instead of just one.

  • i love when people say, i play for fun but i want to be rank 1.

  • @Dira970 said:

    i love when people say, i play for fun but i want to be rank 1.

    Having a goal and reaching it, can be fun. But yh when people want to be rank 1 and not be good enough for rank 1 its their mistake.

1 2 ›