Moris absolutely need to go

It takes absolutely NO skill whatsoever to hook someone, tunnel them right down again just to kill them.

And yes, I know, keys are OP as well...but at least you have to endure a big portion of the match to even be able to use them. But a Mori? Sorry, but nothing screams small PP more than the brown little offering at the start, that doesn't turn around.

So, I completely understand and endorse everyone to either hit AltF4 at the loading screen or suicide on first hook, whenever there is a Mori in the game. Makes the scummy killer waste his offering and just feels OH SO DAMN good!

Comments

  • Oh, look. Another thread about Mori's.

    Mori's and keys are being confirmed changed. We don't know when, we don't know how. They aren't being deleted from the game, just reworked.

  • Mom said it was my turn to post this

  • @Anghroth said:

    It takes absolutely NO skill whatsoever to hook someone, tunnel them right down again just to kill them.

    And yes, I know, keys are OP as well...but at least you have to endure a big portion of the match to even be able to use them. But a Mori? Sorry, but nothing screams small PP more than the brown little offering at the start, that doesn't turn around.

    So, I completely understand and endorse everyone to either hit AltF4 at the loading screen or suicide on first hook, whenever there is a Mori in the game. Makes the scummy killer waste his offering and just feels OH SO DAMN good!

    Honestly, I think Cypress moris are fine, ivory moris should trigger one Mori after you get 4 hook scoring events, and ebony moris should allow you to Mori survivors once the exit gates are powered. This would prevent killers from tunnel morying people while still reflecting their rarities.

  • It has already been stated that both Moris and Keys will get reworks - not necessarily at the same time though.

  • I personally hope they rework the Ebony Memento Mori (the only one with an issue) in the same style as the Key rework, except to tie it to Hooks, i.e. one must get (4) Hooks before it unlocks, and then can Mori one Survivor, and for each Hook after four it can Mori another. *But it isn't limited to someone who has been downed, merely the number. Thus;

    4 Hook = 1 Mori

    5 Hooks = 2 Mori

    6 Hooks = 3 Mori

    7 Hooks = 4 Mori

    *Simple and guarantees a minimum of three more hooks than the current system.

  • Once again: moris speeds up killer objectives.


    Keys speed up survivors TRUE objective.


    Moris skip a single hook state.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    I personally hope they rework the Ebony Memento Mori (the only one with an issue) in the same style as the Key rework, except to tie it to Hooks, i.e. one must get (4) Hooks before it unlocks, and then can Mori one Survivor, and for each Hook after four it can Mori another. *But it isn't limited to someone who has been downed, merely the number. Thus;

    4 Hook = 1 Mori

    5 Hooks = 2 Mori

    6 Hooks = 3 Mori

    7 Hooks = 4 Mori

    *Simple and guarantees a minimum of three more hooks than the current system.

    I mean, good idea on paper, but then Devour becomes much more powerful than a regular Mori, as that only needs 5 hooks, and grants the exposed effect. Sure, it's a Hex, but in the right map nobody will find or, or if you don't have Ruin/Undying they might think it's a trap hex. Part of me think's they'll just tie it to death hook. If a survivor is on Death Hook, you can mori them instead. Simple. I've even seen people wanting to make this idea base, which... I don't know about.

    But we won't really know until they're reworked, so.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1725722#Comment_1725722

    I mean, good idea on paper, but then Devour becomes much more powerful than a regular Mori, as that only needs 5 hooks, and grants the exposed effect. Sure, it's a Hex, but in the right map nobody will find or, or if you don't have Ruin/Undying they might think it's a trap hex. Part of me think's they'll just tie it to death hook. If a survivor is on Death Hook, you can mori them instead. Simple. I've even seen people wanting to make this idea base, which... I don't know about.

    But we won't really know until they're reworked, so.

    Devour can be cleansed.

  • Fair, but like I said, in the right conditions it'd still be far more powerful. It doesn't really matter, as we have no idea how they'll be reworked and any ideas are just speculation.

  • @Anghroth said:

    It takes absolutely NO skill whatsoever to hook someone, tunnel them right down again just to kill them.

    And yes, I know, keys are OP as well...but at least you have to endure a big portion of the match to even be able to use them. But a Mori? Sorry, but nothing screams small PP more than the brown little offering at the start, that doesn't turn around.

    So, I completely understand and endorse everyone to either hit AltF4 at the loading screen or suicide on first hook, whenever there is a Mori in the game. Makes the scummy killer waste his offering and just feels OH SO DAMN good!

    Shroud of Separation, your time has come!

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1725731#Comment_1725731

    Fair, but like I said, in the right conditions it'd still be far more powerful. It doesn't really matter, as we have no idea how they'll be reworked and any ideas are just speculation.

    True enough. I just hope they follow the same logic they applied for Keys. I think it worked pretty well there.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1725731#Comment_1725731

    Fair, but like I said, in the right conditions it'd still be far more powerful. It doesn't really matter, as we have no idea how they'll be reworked and any ideas are just speculation.

    Map, detective's, memerizing common and good hiding spots, literally just looking for it. There is so many ways to go about finding a totem, Devour Hope does not become more much powerful from this idea, you just want to complain more.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1725739#Comment_1725739

    True enough. I just hope they follow the same logic they applied for Keys. I think it worked pretty well there.

    Despite what I said, it would certainly make Mori games less tunnel-y.

  • @LintyScorpion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1725739#Comment_1725739

    Map, detective's, memerizing common and good hiding spots, literally just looking for it. There is so many ways to go about finding a totem, Devour Hope does not become more much powerful from this idea, you just want to complain more.

    Never complained, just expressed my opinion on the subject. Imagine being so hypersensitive over video game discussions you jump down peoples throats for having discussions. Very cool, dude/ette.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1725746#Comment_1725746

    Never complained, just expressed my opinion on the subject. Imagine being so hypersensitive over video game discussions you jump down peoples throats for having discussions. Very cool, dude/ette.

    Imagine viewing someone saying "You just want to complain more" as jumping down someone's throat. Who's the hypersensetive one here?

  • @LintyScorpion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1725759#Comment_1725759

    Imagine viewing someone saying "You just want to complain more" as jumping down someone's throat. Who's the hypersensetive one here?

    Whatever my dude. I genuinely don't care, it just came across as unnecessarily aggressive in what was a civil conversation. If you didn't mean it like that, that's on me.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1725771#Comment_1725771

    Whatever my dude. I genuinely don't care, it just came across as unnecessarily aggressive in what was a civil conversation. If you didn't mean it like that, that's on me.

    This is about as civil as I can get in an online discussion with a person unless I am actively trying to encourage them. I absolutely do not understand people, and my words often sound harsher than originally intended.

  • @LintyScorpion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1725777#Comment_1725777

    This is about as civil as I can get in an online discussion with a person unless I am actively trying to encourage them. I absolutely do not understand people, and my words often sound harsher than originally intended.

    Then just a simple misunderstanding. Either way, have a good day.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1725784#Comment_1725784

    Then just a simple misunderstanding. Either way, have a good day.

    you too