ThE SuRviVoRS aRe RiGhT tHeRe
I'm gonna start by saying camping is totally acceptable in the game and I don't have an issue with it but at least own it
I just watched a streamer (that I can't name of course) hard proxy within 8 meters every hook that he got and two survivors escaped and went to his TTv and asked him why he camped from the start and he said because a survivor was right there everytime he hooked someone taunting him but the man wouldn't chase a soul away from the hook and nobody was there for the first half of the hook stages he just wouldnt leave and had the audacity to call the two that escaped bad for not being able to get the survivors that were being camped with Oni in his power so I've come to the conclusion if you say "the survivors don't leave the hook" it really means "I'm not gonna chase anyone and camp this guy" because if even one guy is right there that's a easy BBQ stack to earn because you didn't have to go anywhere to start the chase and he's not on a gen , solely you make the decision to camp, if you're going to have that playstyle at least own it is all I'm saying and don't make excuses for it.
Comments
The streamer isn't wrong imo, if someone is right there blame the survivor not the killer, what do you expect the killer to do? Walk away to a corner?
But what if he saw scratchies? But if he was just straight up camping just punish him/her and get out.
Edit: my bad I read it very wrong.
from op's post it seemed like there was nobody there, so the streamer stayed at the hook until somebody was there to see the streamer was camping, and then used that person they saw (over 30 seconds into the hook timer, btw) as an excuse to camp.
That instance and if it's the endgame and you need a kill then camping can be acceptable.
Totally agree. If you camp, for whatever reason (since sometimes it´s "legit" and sometimes not so much, depending on who you ask), own it. Especially when you get caught camping, what´s the point in denying it?
Oh, for some reason I read "the streamer saw a survivor right there" and so he camped, something close to that, but straight up camping is really boring.
camping in the game to stay nothing we can do about it.
Yes I totally get that and I'm cool with it , nothing we can do but people shouldn't make excuses while they're streaming and start trashing the people who survived on them , especially when they chose to try and camp everyone into stage two , sure a survivor came over there after a couple gens popped to see what was going on and tried to get a chase going but he wasn't committing just straight camping and forcing a one for one on hooks
As a 3rd person viewer things can seem pretty different on your end. For the other person playing they could not mean to camp but they didn't leave fast enough. Maybe they thought some1 was nearby, they were planning to go somewhere but changed their mind, etc. To anyone else judging they're purposefully camping and making excuses.
A streamer camped and gave a BS reason for it.
Yup, sounds about right.
They aren't obligated to give an excuse or "own" anything, he can play however he pleases provided he isn't cheating, griefing, or breaking the game. 🤷♂️Don't misunderstand my response as rude snark, but I am growing bored of shaming posts.
The man didn't go 8 meters away and two gens popped while he was staring at dude on the hook, I know exactly what was happening and he could at least own it and admit that's how he was playing instead of making excuses and dogging the survivors that beat him
Because they were started one for one on hooks once they realized what was happening and one of them who died at the end, died on their first hook and then he started trashing the people who escaped saying they were bad , I'm just saying the dude should own that he facecamped and not insult the survivors who beat him
Asking someone to own up to something implies that they're doing something wrong.
From what I just read, it seems like someone trying to justify their behaviour by blaming the opposition. Scott Jund did a great video in it called... I dont remember the name, but it had "Player Entitlement" in it. It was a decent showcase of how much people's desire to be seen favourably twists their personal reality.
They aren't in the game but when the survivors were actually being polite in his stream to my surprise after the game he insulted them and said that someone was always there taunting him but nobody was until two gens popped before a survivor came to check on the guy on hook , it's totally fine to camp but don't insult other people and call them bad when you can't even own up to something like camping? I'm more talking about the making excuses and hurling insults like an adolescent part of it being wrong.
I don't know what it is about this game but it really brings out the worst in some of these people and Scott is right about the entitlement. Some of the stuff I've been seeing people say in the post chat is pretty disgusting lately, even threatening people's lives outside the game or once a player started typing another players real name and address and all his info into the chat, people just get way too upset and act terrible over a video game.