New map sucks
Try playing myers with this new map.. take every jungle gym and add these huge bushes that you cant see through in it.
By far worst map.. kinda wondering why they didnt listen to people's comments on it when it was on the ptb..
Try playing myers with this new map.. take every jungle gym and add these huge bushes that you cant see through in it.
By far worst map.. kinda wondering why they didnt listen to people's comments on it when it was on the ptb..
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
wait what... If this is the worst map, what about coal tower? Groaning storehouse? Ironwork of misery???
This map doesn't even have time waster (aka infinite)... There are only a few pallets on the map... This is really not the worst map
Are you kidding? Easily rank 1 killer and survivor been playing for years and if youve looked around what people have said about it youd realise that the map is bad.. you sound clueless. Im attempting to make the game better by fixing broken elements of the game.
Just having this map as an option considerably weakened Myers as a killer.. And hes def on the weaker side when it comes to killers especially with any decent survivors.. Just looks messy too imo
Nah, you're just bad. real bad.
-A Myers main
you do realize as a myers main all those bushes on that map break line of sight for stalking right? or are you low rank against bad survivors? Cause anyone decent would lose you.. other killers do good on that map as I just did a leatherface run and killed everyone. Get over yourself could care less if your a myers main. Also its as if you don't understand the already clear Killer tier list
Don't get seen, can't be avoided. That's basic - approach using all that cover, get your stalk on before they get a chance to notice you. Survivors do not pay attention at all unless they hear a heartbeat, and that's a fact. Cover works for Killers, too.
I don't know, as a survivor I'm in panic mode as soon as the match starts, constantly looking for homicidal bacon, flimmering wraith-shaped thingies approaching and of course Mr Jumpscare undressing me with his eyes.
I do pay attention. Homicidal bacon, wraith-shaped flimmering or Myers undressing me with his eyes. Panic mode from the first second on.
Pftt I use stalk from the bushes. What is OP talking about?
yeah if you catch a survivor not paying attention to the brush then yeah easy ew2. Map still looks like a mess though. Very sloppy looking. I get rank 1 killer and survivor every season without having to go for the try hard meta perks that almost every killer and survivor run. Also watching many streams a lot of which agree with exactly what im saying right now. I just hope this can be changed to be less of a mess.. Surprised you don't think its messy. So far my opinion remains the same.
Yeah, I imagine it's like trying to play the nurse, or the hag in gideon's meat plant. Killer's aren't meant to be awesome everywhere, if we're going to have some semblance of balance.
Oh, I think this is why they have those level selection offerings, too. That way, you can reserve your best add-ons for levels that pair well with them.
As a Nurse main, that map scares me a bit honestly.
Stop crying. The new map is awesome! Just learn to play.
I mean, i like the map just fine. First time on Live with a 4-totem build, easy 4k in fun game, though i still got accused of being a 'Toxic #########; for ...not camping or tunneling. Seriously, i ran Devour Hope, TotH, Ruin and Huntress' Lullaby. Never stayed near a hook for a second, got EW3 4 times. Still toxic. I love the new map; it has zero BS mini-infinites and is easy to navigate with plenty of cover for a killer that isn't a no-brain zoom zoom Billy main, Huntard, or 'Lol blink2win' Killer. It's a thinking man's map on both sides; so try thinking.
2 hooks, 2 DH mori's. Didn't record but i have screens
And screens, lest you think me a liar (i cant upload to steam for DbD because i'm forum banned on steam)
https://imgur.com/NUYaTxE
https://imgur.com/zN74M8l
The new map is fantastic. It feels "unique" and has a nice color to it...
Like fall fruit and smoke or something lol I like it.
The new map although it looks nice, isn't great to play on, i immediately disconnect every time I get sent to it, whether offering or just bad luck a rage quit is coming.. I use to think the swamp was the worst map .. but the devs was like hold my beer..
survs are fu**ed when you have a trapper or a hag on this map. even the pig is a terrible opponent here when it stelaths into the bushes watch a generator. Myers have good cover for stalking there too and freddy finds his sleeping friends almost everywhere.
My only problem with the map is the amount of low objects you can get stuck on while moving.. otherwise i like it
Looks great not very killer friendly though. Feels large and cluttered to play as killer. Fun as survivor though.
This map is as bad for killers as the "the game" map is for survivors, so guess we're even :P. now they can make balanced maps in the future for both killer and survivors :P
New map looks amazing.
The wors map is Larys followed by Haddonfield.
Not every map has to be a good map for every killer. Maybe its not the best for myers, but its better than rotten fields.
Certain maps play better for killers as oppose to others.
It looks amazing but I hate playing as killer on it
Love the new map. Though I'm speaking from a survivor main perspective.
I'm a big fan of the new map, I feel it did a lot of things right. There isn't as many pallets as other maps, however there's more spots to hide. This allows chases to be possible but encourages a play style that revolves around stealth. It can be frustrating as killer to try and find survivors, but tracking perks are helpful on this map, not to mention, totem spots are pretty good on this map. I can understand that this is not a good map for Myers' that seems obvious, but I wouldn't call the amp trash.
My only compaint about the map is how dark it is (Claudette Cloaking device has turned up to Max Level PLUS ULTRA on this map).
It's a mid-sized map, sitting in the middle tile-count wise - so most killers should have no problems traversing it quick enough... excepting the 110% speed killers with no travel powers. (RIP Huntress)
Now hey, that's not a fact.
I always do my best to identify the Killer, which includes looking around to see if i spot a stalking Shape.
I so far enjoy the map the only thing I have noticed is the map has loaded in broke a few times like a hill you could usually walk up on was completely blocked off by bamboo at the end of it so I had no way of walking up it along with a few other map spawn issues like that.
other then that its a map that requires a change of game play on both sides and like every map some killers are better of then others on it nothing wrong with that imo.
I'd like to have some more variety in the maps, like some where you can go underground or into a cave.
Maybe even a overgrown castle up on a giant hill or something like that.
I like the map. About the only thing I'm not a fan of is the bamboo that you can't walk through.
I don't think the map is too bad for either side, I have no experience with myers on it though. I can't imagine the stalking is harder than Coldwind Farm
If you get mad at a couple of bushes on the new map you must despise the corn fields.