They fixed our only toggle option :(

For people that don't know about this.

Before 4.3.1, survivors were able to toggle their actions by pressing the menu button while performing certain actions like healing or repairing a gen and going back to the game.

But with the recent update it got fixed,unfortunately

We need this kind of option in the game,please :(

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • This was definitely a change that needed to be high on priority.

    /s

  • Damn I loved that "feature", it was great to relax the right hand and maybe do something else while repairing.

  • That sucks, at least they fixed the 4 year old phantom saw Hillbilly bug.


    Oh wait...

  • @White_Owl said:

    Damn I loved that "feature", it was great to relax the right hand and maybe do something else while repairing.

    Same,and it was good for your keybord/controller too because it wouldn't wear that button down from all those actions

  • Would be kinda cool if there was a toggle button for interactions.

  • No way, if so that's horrible.

    @Almo Can you guys unfix it ? It was much more comfortable then permanently holding M1.

    Edit - Just tested it, it's still possible. Still, if anyone on the dev team intends to fix it then please don't. It's wonderfull QoL bug and I would hate to see it gone.

  • @White_Owl said:

    Damn I loved that "feature", it was great to relax the right hand and maybe do something else while repairing.

    ngl that looked awfully wrong

  • @Kebek said:

    No way, if so that's horrible.

    @Almo Can you guys unfix it ? It was much more comfortable then permanently holding M1.

    Edit - Just tested it, it's still possible. Still, if anyone on the dev team intends to fix it then please don't. It's wonderfull QoL bug and I would hate to see it gone.

    How?

    If i try to go back from the menu it stops the action immediately

  • @White_Owl said:

    Damn I loved that "feature", it was great to relax the right hand and maybe do something else while repairing.

    ...you're obviously referring to maybe putting a book away, or taking a drink of your coffee yes? Nothing else that you'd want to do with that right hand that maybe you don't want to mention...

  • Never worked on console from what i tested

  • @csandman1977 said:

    Never worked on console from what i tested

    It did before the 4.3.1 update.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1714078#Comment_1714078

    How?

    If i try to go back from the menu it stops the action immediately

    I don't know how it works on console etc but on PC it seemed to work for me just fine.

    I'll link the discussion on how I find out about it and do it. I did the same way this patch and it still worked for me.

    @Kebek said:

    I've randomly stumbled on this when playing survivor lately and it's the best bug (I presume it's a bug) I've ever encountered in 4 years of playing DBD. I know posting this endangeres it's existence as I'm raising awerness of it to the devs and even when it's a big upgrade to gameplay they might still fix it anyway. Still I want to share my findings since I've never heard anyone mention this bug anywhere.

    What this essentially does is that it makes holding M1 on interactions (such as gens, healing etc) passive without the need of you pressing your M1 buttom.

    Anyone who is tired (or even has some health issues with their hands) of holding their M1 on mouse will surely love this.

    So this is how you activate it:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/O95KVXZGOIHR/best-bug-ever.png

    As explained once you stop holding M1 in the menu any interaction that you're doing will be held passively.

    This can be canceled any time by pressing M1 again and it's also fully interactive with skillchecks so it has not flaws that I know of yet.

    You can't even imagine how happy I was when I found this since I personally hate the constant need to hold M1 during any interaction and imao this is how interactions should work in the first place - first tap starts the interaction, second stops it.

    Please mods don't remove this thread or move it elsewhere since it's a major update to survivor QoL and as many players as possible should learn about this bug that upgrades QoL of survivor gameplay.


  • I can confirm that the toggle option is no longer possible on PlayStation 4 after update 4.3.1. I hope the toggle option is reinstated to prevent button wear.

  • Imagine being the guy who punches the table and shout out loud: "You know what? My priority now is fixing this toggle bug literally NOBODY complains about! I'm fixig it asap!"

  • I mean, it might have been fixed as a result of a change to something else. They didn't necessarily go out of their way to do it.

  • They didn't fix this though? I can still do it just fine.

  • Dude, as a killer I love this feature because occasionally some survivor uses it to alt-tab or something and it's free hit city. I hope the console thing is just a bug.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    They didn't fix this though? I can still do it just fine.

    It definetely doesn't on PS4 :(

  • Ah okay, that explains it; I'm on PC and the escape key does it just fine.

  • @Kebek said:

    No way, if so that's horrible.

    @Almo Can you guys unfix it ? It was much more comfortable then permanently holding M1.

    Edit - Just tested it, it's still possible. Still, if anyone on the dev team intends to fix it then please don't. It's wonderfull QoL bug and I would hate to see it gone.

    Can you explain what this is please? Ive been playing for almost a year and a half and i have no idea what you guys are talking about lol

    Im on xbox if it matters.

  • @BillyMain77 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1714078#Comment_1714078

    Can you explain what this is please? Ive been playing for almost a year and a half and i have no idea what you guys are talking about lol

    Im on xbox if it matters.

    I don't know if it works on xbox right now (since it's basically a bug) or the buttoms for it but simply said, it means that as surivor you don't need to hold M1.

    If you use this controls QoL bug your survivor will repair gen, crouch, heal, whatever buttom holding interaction that requires you to hold M1 or any other buttom will be done passively without you beiing forced to hold buttoms.

  • Do remember people say the devs are survivor favoured. This is somehow, probably, maybe, certainly, 100% a nerf to killer lol

  • Im on xbox and this still works for me

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    That sucks, at least they fixed the 4 year old phantom saw Hillbilly bug.

    Oh wait...

    It's so bad. It makes him unplayable.