PLEASE

When replying to someone, just use @[username]. Do not quote their whole message, especially if it is very long. Obviously, it is required to quote the message if you are replying to a specific part of it, or 1 of many messages, but then you shoould still try and delete unneccesary parts of that message.

inb4 you guys spam quoting my message >_<

Comments

  • Unless it is needed for referential purposes, @ is probably good enough.

  • Good that you mention this. People need to understand the features of this forum

  • @RagingCalm said:
    When replying to someone, just use @[username]. Do not quote their whole message, especially if it is very long. Obviously, it is required to quote the message if you are replying to a specific part of it, or 1 of many messages, but then you shoould still try and delete unneccesary parts of that message.

    inb4 you guys spam quoting my message >_<

    @weirdkid5 said:
    Unless it is needed for referential purposes, @ is probably good enough.

    @KroolTheField said:
    Good that you mention this. People need to understand the features of this forum

    Did I do it right ;)

  • @Jack11803 said:

    @RagingCalm said:
    When replying to someone, just use @[username]. Do not quote their whole message, especially if it is very long. Obviously, it is required to quote the message if you are replying to a specific part of it, or 1 of many messages, but then you shoould still try and delete unneccesary parts of that message.

    inb4 you guys spam quoting my message >_<

    @weirdkid5 said:
    Unless it is needed for referential purposes, @ is probably good enough.

    @KroolTheField said:
    Good that you mention this. People need to understand the features of this forum

    Did I do it right ;)

    I think you did a pretty good job so far :wink:

  • When replying to someone, just use @[username]. Do not quote their whole message, especially if it is very long. Obviously, it is required to quote the message if you are replying to a specific part of it, or 1 of many messages, but then you shoould still try and delete unneccesary parts of that message.

    inb4 you guys spam quoting my message >_<

    Test 1
  • @HIPSTERLION said:
    RagingCalm said:

    When replying to someone, just use @[username]. Do not quote their whole message, especially if it is very long. Obviously, it is required to quote the message if you are replying to a specific part of it, or 1 of many messages, but then you shoould still try and delete unneccesary parts of that message.

    inb4 you guys spam quoting my message >_<

    Test 1

    Just type the email symbol, (doesn’t actually email them, that’s just what I call the ‘at’ symbol. And type their name, like this @HIPSTERLION

    Couldn’t tell if sarcastic, not enough epic failure in that post like mine

  • @Jack11803
    I became blind reading your answer but thanks O_O
  • @HIPSTERLION said:
    @Jack11803
    I became blind reading your answer but thanks O_O

    That’s what I like to hear!

  • Jack11803 said:

    @HIPSTERLION said:
    @Jack11803
    I became blind reading your answer but thanks O_O

    That’s what I like to hear!

    You like me blind :( what did ido to you :(
  • @HIPSTERLION
    Awe, I’m sorry for coming at dem eyes with some mellow yellow all up in yo grill.

  • Jack11803 said:

    @HIPSTERLION
    Awe, I’m sorry for coming at dem eyes with some mellow yellow all up in yo grill.

    Apology accepted :)
  • @Jack11803 said:
    @HIPSTERLION
    Awe, I’m sorry for coming at dem eyes with some mellow yellow all up in yo grill.

    Lol @Jack11803 I love your responses xD you're doing a pretty good job!

  • @GolgiNea said:

    @Jack11803 said:
    @HIPSTERLION
    Awe, I’m sorry for coming at dem eyes with some mellow yellow all up in yo grill.

    Lol @Jack11803 I love your responses xD you're doing a pretty good job!

    I like your bright responses as well :)

  • @Jack11803 WHITE LIKE DWIGHT
    OUR WHITE NIGHT
    OUR WHITE DWIGHT

  • @RagingCalm said:
    When replying to someone, just use @[username]. Do not quote their whole message, especially if it is very long. Obviously, it is required to quote the message if you are replying to a specific part of it, or 1 of many messages, but then you shoould still try and delete unneccesary parts of that message.

    inb4 you guys spam quoting my message >_<

    @RagingCalm said:
    When replying to someone, just use @[username]. Do not quote their whole message, especially if it is very long. Obviously, it is required to quote the message if you are replying to a specific part of it, or 1 of many messages, but then you shoould still try and delete unneccesary parts of that message.

    inb4 you guys spam quoting my message >_<

    @RagingCalm said:
    When replying to someone, just use @[username]. Do not quote their whole message, especially if it is very long. Obviously, it is required to quote the message if you are replying to a specific part of it, or 1 of many messages, but then you shoould still try and delete unneccesary parts of that message.

    inb4 you guys spam quoting my message >_<

    Got it thanks <3

  • @RagingCalm said:
    @Jack11803 WHITE LIKE DWIGHT
    OUR WHITE NIGHT
    OUR WHITE DWIGHT

    You mean KNIGHT!?

  • They could just make it so quotes are like 3 lines by default and you can expand them if you want.
  • @theagitatedapricot the annoying thing with quotes is that on here they are more wonky to mess with than on Steam. For example, it would be difficult for me to press the quote button on a long post/comment and then just delete the portions I don't care about. I would have to do the whole thing manually by @'ing them, and manually putting in "[copy and paste what I want to quote specifically]"