Ranks

Killer is a crap show at low ranks. I was playing on my cousins PS4 and I was a rank 17 huntress, I only used one perk to make it fair, but I kept going against swf. Multi color ranks but 1 to 2 just dodging like crazy. And then lo and behold red and purple ranks. I am not the best huntress and I had trouble with this crap. I feel bad for any ACTUAL low rank killer dealing with this. Its unfair for newer players and it should be adressed

Comments

  • There are two ways for someone to learn something. Hold their hand and teach them slowly. Or let them dive right in and learn on their feet from experience.

    DBD chooses the latter

  • For starters Ranks don't matter. Period.

    Welp that's the end of the discussion.

    Nah, but seriously as far as the matchmaking is going right now. I found that when I start facing SWF's back to back I just purposly lose 4-5 matches and then start having an easier time with matchmaking.

  • @gatsby said:

    There are two ways for someone to learn something. Hold their hand and teach them slowly. Or let them dive right in and learn on their feet from experience.

    DBD chooses the latter

    If say you are rank 17 and you go against a 4 man swf who gen rush the crap out of you faster than you can see, how do you learn? I never learned anything without being able to understand the things happening

  • @TheButcher said:

    For starters Ranks don't matter. Period.

    Welp that's the end of the discussion.

    Nah, but seriously as far as the matchmaking is going right now. I found that when I start facing SWF's back to back I just purposly lose 4-5 matches and then start having an easier time with matchmaking.

    I mean ranks have a disparity and skill which is why red ranks shouldnt be with brown ranks

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1702011#Comment_1702011

    I mean ranks have a disparity and skill which is why red ranks shouldnt be with brown ranks

    No they don't. Do you realize how easy it is to pip in this game? Do the math. You get to red ranks simply by playing the game, not because you are good at it. A person who is as good as a red rank player, could just play the game more casually - they end up staying in Brown to Purple.

    That's all the ranks tell you. If the person plays the game every day or not.

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1702514#Comment_1702514

    No they don't. Do you realize how easy it is to pip in this game? Do the math. You get to red ranks simply by playing the game, not because you are good at it. A person who is as good as a red rank player, could just play the game more casually - they end up staying in Brown to Purple.

    That's all the ranks tell you. If the person plays the game every day or not.

    Omg dude. Each color rank is better than the next. Except purple and red. Also the only time that happens is when someone mains one role and tries out the other. After I hit red rank survivor killer was way easier it was like I was smurfing. But I mean if you really think that brown ranks playing with red is fine because its easy to pip I dont know what to tell you. Put me in a custom with every single new player in the player base and I assure you not any of them will beat my killer and you get me and @azame and 2 of our friends in a swf against every brown rank killer who is starting we will win everyone unless we decide not to. Yeah most players at red rank suck I agree but the skill level is obvious compared to a brown rank

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1703206#Comment_1703206

    Omg dude. Each color rank is better than the next. Except purple and red. Also the only time that happens is when someone mains one role and tries out the other. After I hit red rank survivor killer was way easier it was like I was smurfing. But I mean if you really think that brown ranks playing with red is fine because its easy to pip I dont know what to tell you. Put me in a custom with every single new player in the player base and I assure you not any of them will beat my killer and you get me and @azame and 2 of our friends in a swf against every brown rank killer who is starting we will win everyone unless we decide not to. Yeah most players at red rank suck I agree but the skill level is obvious compared to a brown rank

    Not everyone in red has over 4000 hours into the game, when you can get to red in 2 days of playing. Not everyone in brown is new when you go back a rank every month. You're literally talking out of your [BAD WORD] .

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1703371#Comment_1703371

    Not everyone in red has over 4000 hours into the game, when you can get to red in 2 days of playing. Not everyone in brown is new when you go back a rank every month. You're literally talking out of your [BAD WORD] .

    I think you're underestimating the whole 2 days to red ranks thing. Maybe before, but now you'd be lucky to get from brown to green in 2 days. Not because of difficulty or anything, it's stupid easy to rank up, but the queue times are unbearable. I started playing a lot of survivor again a few days ago and I got reset to rank 17. We've played for around 7 or 8 hours total and I only managed to get back up to 11 so far, mainly because every queue was nearly 3 minutes long and every match lasted less than 7 minutes. Queues are a bit faster now though at least.

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1703371#Comment_1703371

    Not everyone in red has over 4000 hours into the game, when you can get to red in 2 days of playing. Not everyone in brown is new when you go back a rank every month. You're literally talking out of your [BAD WORD] .

    No I said new players. Don't twist my words. Also only purples should be going against reds anyone else shouldn't. That's why you see so many people complain about how they are bullied, with PROOF

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1704217#Comment_1704217

    No I said new players. Don't twist my words. Also only purples should be going against reds anyone else shouldn't. That's why you see so many people complain about how they are bullied, with PROOF

    That's not what's wrong. There's toxic behavior because the amount of stress on players is immensly different comaparing Survivors and Killers. It's really hard to play Killer, and really easy to play survivor. So 4 people gang up on 1 person who is weak. It's a bully mentality.

    Rank's don't matter. Period.

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1704725#Comment_1704725

    That's not what's wrong. There's toxic behavior because the amount of stress on players is immensly different comaparing Survivors and Killers. It's really hard to play Killer, and really easy to play survivor. So 4 people gang up on 1 person who is weak. It's a bully mentality.

    Rank's don't matter. Period.

    so you're saying im not better than a killer who just started right?

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1705232#Comment_1705232

    so you're saying im not better than a killer who just started right?

    You're too thick headed to talk to. I just said that people in brown ranks doesn't mean they are new. People in red ranks doesn't mean they were playing a long time or are good at the game. All I've said was that RANKS DON'T MATTER.

    Like seriously people will make up with any reason just to complain about.

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1704217#Comment_1704217

    No I said new players. Don't twist my words. Also only purples should be going against reds anyone else shouldn't. That's why you see so many people complain about how they are bullied, with PROOF

    I've seen plenty of people with a mere few hundred hours sitting in red ranks. I've even seen a few with less than a hundred. And you know what? They get absolutely bulldozed because they have no idea what is going on and shouldn't be in red ranks, but the Devs wanted it to be easier to rank up, and even stated that ranks were nothing but a personal victory rather than a measure of skill.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1704725#Comment_1704725

    I've seen plenty of people with a mere few hundred hours sitting in red ranks. I've even seen a few with less than a hundred. And you know what? They get absolutely bulldozed because they have no idea what is going on and shouldn't be in red ranks, but the Devs wanted it to be easier to rank up, and even stated that ranks were nothing but a personal victory rather than a measure of skill.

    Come on, you know me a little bit better than that. There is no way you think I believe that red ranks are the epitome of skill. I am just saying reds are better than the previous colors except purple. Because both of them are iffy. And regardless my whole point is to say ita not fair that a red rank even if they should be green goes up against browns who are just starting

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1705238#Comment_1705238

    You're too thick headed to talk to. I just said that people in brown ranks doesn't mean they are new. People in red ranks doesn't mean they were playing a long time or are good at the game. All I've said was that RANKS DON'T MATTER.

    Like seriously people will make up with any reason just to complain about.

    HOW ABOUT YOU READ MY POST AND SEE WHAT IM UPSET ABOUT! INSTEAD OF STARYING CRAP AND TWISTING MY WORDS. I DONT CARE ABOUT THE SMURFS AND THIS ISNT ABOUT THAT. I MADE IT CLEAR SO DONT CALL ME THICK HEADED.

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1705275#Comment_1705275

    Come on, you know me a little bit better than that. There is no way you think I believe that red ranks are the epitome of skill. I am just saying reds are better than the previous colors except purple. Because both of them are iffy. And regardless my whole point is to say ita not fair that a red rank even if they should be green goes up against browns who are just starting

    And what you are avoiding saying is that the only correlation between rank and skill is a higher concentration of skilled players at higher ranks. In the sense that the 1/100 becomes 1/75.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1705279#Comment_1705279

    And what you are avoiding saying is that the only correlation between rank and skill is a higher concentration of skilled players at higher ranks. In the sense that the 1/100 becomes 1/75.

    Focus in the main point of the argument. Do you think its fair to have red ranks against browns? Answer that or dont respond. Whether ranks matter or not in a broad sense means jack ######### compared to people who are new at the game getting people who know what they are doing