How Can I Sign Up to be a Mod?
Obviously you guys need more people from different timezones to help delete the spam threads. Is there any way for us fog travelers who wants to support the forums to sign up for? Didn't @not_Queen mention that there are gonna be more mods? I don't really want to be a Mod but if you really do need someone to help, I would be happy to sign up to support our loving community! I know a few others such a @Tuslan and maybe @powerbats who would make a great mood! 
There should be a type of Mod called "Recruit", these people can flag spam threads for Mods to see in the report inbox for verification. While the thread is flagged, it will be taken down until a Mod can confirm it's spam and permanently delete it.
Any information would be very helpful!
There should be a type of Mod called "Recruit", these people can flag spam threads for Mods to see in the report inbox for verification. While the thread is flagged, it will be taken down until a Mod can confirm it's spam and permanently delete it.
Any information would be very helpful!
Comments
Not really - you flag them - they get deleted at some point.
The only reason they're a problem is people regularly comment on them and start tagging moderators which bump them to the top of the general discussions, instead of flagging them and commenting on other, relevant threads.
However, I still wish that there was something called recruiters that can just help out just a little in case all of the mods were busy or something!
He's implying you're spamming in a passive aggressive way.
I'll take threads like this over Chinese spam bots anyway.
Dunno, and you shouldn't care about what he thinks if you believe he's intentionally harassing you. If you want to be a mod, then you'll just have to learn to deal with trolls and toxic people in a productive manner. Why give them the attention they are asking for? Ignore him, do some yoga, and move on.
If he's the same person in a new account, then he'll be shadowbanned in due time anyway. No sense stopping to admire a dumpster fire.
I been on these forums ever since they been created so of course I'm gonna have a lot of threads made from then!
Might I suggest you support my Block User thread in the Forum Feedback sub?
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/10742/block-user-posts-notifications-messages
When all you want to do is just get a hug in.
Ok this made me laugh so I did some digging and found some users have around 20 or so discussions, but have way more comments than me. Some have a lot and I mean a lot more comments than me. While others have more discussions than me but less comments.
There's a few users who's names shall not be used since they're sadly no longer capable of posting but had me beat for quote some time both on discussions and comments.
Sadly us heathens have nothing on a few users who've got more discussions and comments than several of us combined.
I wouldn't bother giving him any attention. Judging from my most recent interaction with him, he doesn't seem interested in any civil discussion.
Well I have no life being retired with 2 sons in college and single forever. Besides quite a few of those discussions and comments are about ways to help killers out. About half the rest of my comments are probably under the sarcastic section.
To go back to topic, @not_Queen commented here about becoming a mod.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/13154/where-can-i-apply-to-become-a-mod#latest
Wait a thread got derailed here, SACRILEGE !!!!!
@Hellbilly my mother is retired and single. She says that's the single best thing for her, because she doesn't has to deal with the approval of someone else. Nobody judges her, when she eats icecream 3 times a day.
I nominate Tsulan.
This forum could use some good killer mains.
I'd nominate @Jack11803 but I don't know if the forums could handle his hotness.
This entire game has pretty much been run by survivor mains.
I think it's time we start getting mods with fresh perspectives.
Or more importantly, someone who isn't afraid to speak about how horribly balanced the game is.
That's not what a mod does or is supposed to do, mods act as impartial towards both sides, they also have nothing to do with game management or development.
If you look at the mods on here they don't post with any of that bias at all. They don't go into a thread and say well this thread is survivor biased lets bash them etc type of thing.
I mean the "play with the devs" made it obvious that they need some high rank players in their team.
To balance this game.
This game should be competitive. I watched tydetimes tournament and i really enjoyed that. It´s a shame that our streamers organize those events better than the actual devs.
We should have several game modes like casual, ranked and hardcore. Dedicated servers (if that´s possible) and regular tournaments or competitions. Which would both attract new players.
Of course this thread somehow derails into killer mains vs survivor mains.
Because forum moderators need to be biased.
I can't even tell what the mods play.
Most game forums wouldn't really be so tolerant of mods chipping in their opinions (not to be rude) as much as Peanits already does. Simply having the title of moderator sanctions and leverages the person's opinion. It would be completely unacceptable to have a moderator that is outspoken in a partial way.
Each time a mod posts, you literally get a shortcut to their comment. We cannot be having biased moderator posts because it unfairly drowns out everyone else's.
That's why we got the wishlist, Q&A and other subforums. Mods role has a complete different goal, as the name implies.
For the last part, yeah. Would be nice to have that hardcore mode, DS
I'm surprised you think they have no player focus groups, and that you think moderators are appropriate for this cause.
Moderators actually have power in the game and forum. They should not be recruited to sway opinions. Ideally, moderators are moderate and need to have impartial judgment for their role as arbitrators/enforcers. They should have absolutely no role or say in game development or balancing.
And I say this as someone who's been part of a moderation team and a player focus group.
I think you misunderstand my words.
As far as I know, mods uphold the forum rules and act as arbiters during discussions (mostly making sure conversations stay civil).
I'm sure Tsulan is perfectly capable of that. He's been very thoughtful with his responses on the forums.
That said, mods definitely have their opinions about the game. I see them making comments regarding balance all the time.
It just so happens that I disagree with them on a number of issues.
I'd like to see someone who represents a different outlook on the game.
That's not to say Tsulan would shove his opinions down everyone's throat. His main job would be to act as a mod.
I like the way you think.
Now I really do hope you become a mod.
I definitely hope they keep game perspective out of the equation. Things will go down hill if they don't.
Mods shouldn't be chosen because of outspoken opinions. They should be chosen for how they carry themselves and how they interact with other users.
Hopefully Tsulan is past the days of getting upset by downvotes because being a moderator will subject him to criticism that is much worse, assuming he is a candidate.
Well, how else can you explain this horrible game balance?
Killers have been at a disadvantage since the game released.> @Vietfox said:
Then why do they do it?
If the devs are allowing mods to chime in on balance, then I want Tsulan to be a mod.
Lmao. It's not because the MODERATORS make it so, if that's what you're suggesting!
"Why do they do it" is not the right question to be asking. It is "should they do it"? The answer is no. Honestly, no. No one should be saying "I disagree with the forum mod about game balance." The mod should not have a mod flair when posting and ideally should be posting on an alternate account.
The answer to why it happens is because the forum managers allowed it to happen as a privilege. Consider it an oversight. Maybe they will consider adjusting this minor issue in the future.
Thank you!
@Visionmaker i honestly didn´t know player focused groups exist. Devs never mentioned it.
I have no doubt that Tsulan can keep his personal views to himself.
But I definitely think you make a good point. If we're aiming for true impartiality, then mods should keep their opinions out it.
I've been looking at the For Honor forums and the mods there are quite different.
Even when the issue of balance comes up, they say something along the lines of "As far as the dev team is concerned, this hero is an a good spot. But we'll closely monitor the situation".
Perhaps the mods should be more like that?
They're usually a secret. They sign Non-disclosure Agreements and have "secret" meetings and channels to discuss the game. Gather community input. Stuff like that. I'm sure the devs aren't stupid enough not to have one/multiple.
But you didn't hear it from me.
Ideally, yes. Mods should be posting on shell accounts for sure, if they want to interact with users casually.
The way it happens now, I chalk it up to inexperience. Mods are all normal-people-volunteers, and BHVR isn't exactly a behemoth in the gaming industry, or a large organization to begin with. Just seeing the work distribution of the current employees, it's not surprising to see things not completely thought through here and there. We just have to wait for it to be addressed... basically when someone gets angry and complains.
I think a mod should be able to express his personal opinion like @Peanits does.
We are all humans with our own opinions and not corporate robots which can´t talk for themselfes.
Oh I agree.
I just assumed the mods were allowed to chime in on balance issues (assuming they didn't go over-board).