Do you feel the game goes downhill or it improved?

After a half year I decided to have a look into the game (Ofc by watching some streams or videos and watching my good old friend @NullSp3c play through screenshare). I've seen various improvements but also some stebs backwards. I am interested to hear some other opinions and views. Without involving any feelings what happened with me and the game I'd say I am dissapointed.

What do you guys think how the game evolved the past half year (From Oni chapter until now)?

Comments

  • @ZaKzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699232#Comment_1699232

    ruin wasn't gaining steam, corrupt replaced ruin, and some people still used ruin. It doesn't seem you have much experience in the game to understand why old ruin was so good and corrupt is so good, it's the fact that they give the killer map pressure at the start of the match when the killer has no map pressure. Getting survivors off of gens and running around is the best way to get the first survivor hooked and to start the cycle of always keeping 2-3 survivors off gens. Old ruin got people off gens and cleansing totems. New ruin rewards staying on a gen instead of leaving it, making new ruin much more weaker, given the context of why ruin was used in the first place, to help secure that very important first hook and start the snowball of the game. Now it's a slowdown perk and must be paired with a patrol-heavy strategy to get the full value of it. This is why corrupt largely replaced ruin.

    No one talked about nerfing billy's power. People are not going to argue for more static and boring gameplay, they will argue for more complex and dynamic gameplay. The major issues with your argument here is that people like back revving / curving with billy and the fact that there was such an outcry after his nerf because no one wanted his power touched. People just wanted insta saw gone. I would like you to prove what you said with some kind of evidence, because no one was saying anything about his power, only his addons. The devs even made a post alluding to this, that they would like to see killers have to strategically use their powers not just spam them when they changed billy's power.

    When I say community, I'm bringing up a consensus of people who are willing to share their views, including good players. Your personal opinion doesn't matter too much in this regard, because I'm taking the opinions of many people and weighing them, especially people who have spent thousands of hours on the game.

    The simplest fix to maps is to actually write a good algorithm for determining a tile's strength and realize that adjacent tiles also contribute to a tile's strength. One of the strongest tile combinations in the game is to have a jungle gym window facing a junk pallet tile, and this happens very frequently. A lot of times this junk pallet will lead to another fairly strong safe pallet. 3 good tiles in a row is enough to single handedly win the game for the survivors, as the time wasted negotiating them gives survivors enough extra time to do gens and escape before the killer can hook them 3 times each.

    Very well explained! I agree with you there and would also like to add that old Ruin also offered the strategy to play abit "protective" with that totem. That means that you know that survivors will try to destroy it more likely like the new Ruin. You would find often survivors in the early game at the totem or maybe find them later there for a free hit even. I am not saying that new Ruin will not get destroyed but I see more often survivors just pushing through the gens instead of trying to find it. Swf is obviously a different topic. Corrupt is kinda the replacement for ruin but sadly does not effectivly slow down the game, just a very very little bit, but its that small that it is barely noticable. Corrupt is more used to force survivors to run around, that makes it easier to find them in the early game.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1707458#Comment_1707458

    "A single down was always another hook trade waiting to happen. Didn't matter your status or angle of attack. He accelerated faster than you could respond, and he had the advantage of never not having his power at all times and always had it on demand."

    I am not sure if you maybe just wrote that different how you meant that or you never really played billy, but if you would played that Killer just enough then you would definatly never say something like this. There was a reason why the majority of the community called him the "probably most balanced Killer ingame". It was and still is definatly not possible to "always" use the power and "always hook trade" if the survivors played smart. Also if you are getting hook traded as survivor, it is your own fault if that happens, not the Killers fault, otherwise you could also blame leatherface for beeng op cuz he can do the same even better.

    Also to mention that on most maps you will not be able to chainsaw around the half of the map in 1 go unless its Coldwind. There are rarely spots where you can chainsaw around the map and most of these ways or spots are very specific, if you would just avoid these areas then you will be fine.

    Long story short, I think that argument is not justified.

    They go for the unhook, you chainsaw them. Where is the conflict? They can't fake an unhook with an instant down chainsaw. No one is bodyblocking a one hit down. Old Billy could backrev behind them too so that was definitely a down. They BT, just chainsaw the unhooker first then chain slug anyone nearby. And if all else failed, they were still a 115% killer.

    Wow you really showed me by providing absolutely nothing other than, again, saying I don't play the game.

    Cannibal absolutely can do the same thing. But he couldn't zip over to a gen across the map and Billy definitely didn't let hitting a tree stop his momentum. That was the major difference.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699780#Comment_1699780

    you have for, they had 300, the middle ground is where you got hit because the killer was like three seconds behind you, practically in another game

    Bruh ######### are you talking about... there's no middle ground thing for it and that's not how hit validation work... the lower ping you have the faster speed that your action will be reacted to server. Which means that if I'm having low ping, the place where I'm currently at is what server think where I'm at. Then if I have higher ping then server thinks that my current place is at 1 or 2 second before where I think I'm at.

    Which means that assuming if both players have same ping and their distance is 6 meters, then if killer has higher ping then he's current place is at 1 or 2 second before where he think he's at... which is somewhere around 9 meters between 2 players... Where if he does the long lunge he shouldn't hit me... In opposite if survivor has higher ping then there distance should be some where around 3 meters...

  • Both ways. Map balance, queue times, low tier perk changes has been improved.


    But then we got out of nowhere nerfs no one asked for, perks not being changed cause devs refuse to listen on feedback and only follow useless data stats that actually means nothing, horrible matchmaking where red rank killers get green ranks and rank 1 survivors get rank 15s even with MMR off.

1 2 ›