What's everyones opinion on "The Eternal Blight"

Title

Personally im kinda disappointed. Thought they would bring back putrid serum but instead we just get generators and hooks that give barely any bloodpoints anyway. Kinda was hoping that ghastly gateau's or some sort of bloodpoint offering would return aswell.

Whats everyone elses thoughts?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Yeah this event is somewhat disappointing and I wish we could earn a bit more BP because the petals barely give some, but I am cutting some slack to the devs because they just reworked an entire realm and I've been getting tired of the original blue hue MacMillan had. Hopefully the devs could possibly give us some extra incentives later on during the event, but only time will tell.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    The most disappointing event ever. Remember last year, how we at least had event currency? How we could earn the skins much faster than grinding for 96 hours per set?

    Yea but also remember last year literally brought nothign new to the table apart from the fact that the currency could be earned throuhg the rift instead of other ways. This year we've got some pretty wack addons and alot of things from the older events.

    It might not be the most "exciting" event but it's definitely far better than some other one's there's been. Most notably last year's halloween one, this year's lunar one and the fact that there wasn't even a winter event this year.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1696350#Comment_1696350

    Yea but also remember last year literally brought nothign new to the table apart from the fact that the currency could be earned throuhg the rift instead of other ways. This year we've got some pretty wack addons and alot of things from the older events.

    It might not be the most "exciting" event but it's definitely far better than some other one's there's been. Most notably last year's halloween one, this year's lunar one and the fact that there wasn't even a winter event this year.

    The event nodes are rarer, killers add-ons only last for 2 weeks, and you cannot earn the skins that are the major hype for the event.

  • @Withered8 said:

    Honestly people are being incredibly judgy and picky about this event. Yes it's not the best event dbd has had but is it the worse? By far no.

    Look at last year's halloween event. All there was was serum which you could get from the rift pass which lead to cosmetics and the standard halloween items.

    This event not only brings another objective in the game again but also some pretty wacky addons for both killer and survivor.

    Don't ever get you're hopes too high for an event in a game like dbd, you gotta remember at the end of the day they can't add in gamebreaking mechanings or anything that messes up the balance.

    Dude. It's even a bad BUSINESS decision. I'm not even taking into account player and customer satisfaction, I'm talking BUSINESS decision. Events are helpful because they drum up buzz for the game so they sell more product, AND create player retention.

    Player retention is a huge metric that a lot of gaming industries use to gauge how well their game is doing. This game has /no/ event right now. I'm literally playing an EA game and an Activision game, both SHOOTY SHOOTERS, during Halloween for their events instead of DBD because they're offering incentives to play their games and things to do during Halloween, and DBD isn't. And DBD has been my go-to game for months since I bought it since the four year anniversary. But now, I don't want to play it because it offers nothing in return during Halloween time when compared to other games, that, despite playing far less, offer rewards that I don't want to lose out on.

    You can argue semantics on everything going on here, but really, can you tell me there's enough content to keep you busy? There's no Halloween or event in this Halloween Event. You gain nothing from doing it; there's no incentive. I mean, I may very well buy the rift pass because of the Kate outfit; I've never been shy about shelling out money to a game I spend time in, but I've got a month and a half to worry about getting that to like page 7 or whatever her stuff is in.

    The problem is, right now, there's no incentive to play the Halloween event in my Halloween game because there is no event. There's no retention. There's nothing this game is offering me to play, beyond my usual. Other games are offering far more than their usual, so I'm playing them right now despite not touching Overwatch or Apex at all in the past six months.

    That's just not good business practice. They should be pushing HARD for player retention during Halloween in their Halloween-inspired game. The fact they're doing the opposite really says to me that they're okay with selling out the soul of their game and the goodwill of the playerbase for short term profits which doesn't bode exceptionally well for any party involved.

  • It's boring. I play non-horror games that have better events either going or upcoming. The rift is also bland imo. Rather disappointed since this was my first year for DBD's Halloween event. I'll still be playing, but just as usual, which tbf isn't a lot lately. I'd rather sink some time into Phasmophobia and a few other seasonal games.

    And I can't even play with my friends/family who play on PS4 atm, so even less reason to bother.

  • @tj0108 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1696304#Comment_1696304

    They should honestly just give us a 2x bp event or something. I would take that over a "bonus 1000" bloodpoints anyday of the week, Lets also not mention to the devs the fact that it actually costs more to buy the pustula petals then what you get from doing blight gens/hooks so your actually loosing bloodpoints aswell.

    Also thats day 1577 of looping killers and hanging around the campfire your up to now?

    I think you're mixing me with the streamer Uncharted. I'm just a regular, Felix main Uncharted xD

  • @Sophrosynes said:

    Admittedly, its my first halloween event, and literally nothing changed. Its the same gameplay, but with a pumking on a gen. Space Coconut was rigth after all

    Normally I dislike everything about space coconut but this time I agree

  • Dude is it even an event? It's just new skins that you have to buy w irl money and a battle pass. I for one am beyond disappointed

  • Honestly? It's about the worst seasonal event I've ever seen in any game I've played.

    Period.

    And I play a LOOOOOOT of games.

    Untitled Image


  • Very disappointing and lackluster. No earnable outfits and the Blood points are pathetic. I can't even get offering or addons because they're so rare I spent half a million bp on Dwight last night and walked away with 2 serum addons and 6 bulbs. The killer addon isn't too rare but there's no point in hording them since they're only for this "event".

  • @tj0108 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1696163#Comment_1696163

    Not the mention the blighted generators and hooks give 1000 bloodpoints (which is absolutely nothing) and you have to bring pustula petals (which cost more to get) so your actually loosing out on bloodpoints.

    Absolute stupid event, they should just revert everything and put ghastly gataeus back in the bloodweb. That would actually make people happy compared to this dissapointment of an event.

    I hadn't even realized how terrible the add-ons were until you said that. We really are getting ######### over just for participating.


    I saved BP for the add-ons for this event, and I kind of feel like BHVR is flipping me the bird.

  • I already bought the cosmetics I wanted (ghostface and blight) so I don't mind, but what an awful event for players who don't want to spend real money.

1 2 ›