The next chapter

This is just me wanting some insight into what everyone else thinks is happening in the next chapter.

1. Which realm is getting their maps updated next? I think they'll leave realms with one map for last. I think it'll be Coldwind next then Autohaven. Since games are in the three original realms the most. But personally I want Crotus Penn and Haddonfield.

2. Is the next killer gonna be Original or License? Personally I don't know they haven't been too clear on this.

3. Will they buff and nerf more perks? I think so but not as much as last time.

4. Will there be a mechanic change? I don't think so.

5 Will there be more bugs? This shouldn't be a question we all know the answer.

Voice your thoughts.

Comments

  • I'd like a burning lava/fire map.

  • I think Mathieu Cote hinted on the licensing stream that the next Chapter will be original.

  • I think Coldwind is going to be the next rework, because it's a classic map, but idk about everything else.

  • How about focusing on the current patch/event before instantly starting to speculate about the next? It seems a bit ridiculous, and I’m saying it because these usually sprout up like acne once one blows up.

  • @RockoRango said:

    How about focusing on the current patch/event before instantly starting to speculate about the next? It seems a bit ridiculous, and I’m saying it because these usually sprout up like acne once one blows up.

    This chapter didn't feel impactful in my opinion

  • Probably because the only things it seems to be doing is breaking the game

  • I think it will be original, Coldwin would be my guess for the next graphic update since Billy is in the rift now. And maybe some nerfs, and buffs here and there

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    This is just me wanting some insight into what everyone else thinks is happening in the next chapter.

    1. Which realm is getting their maps updated next? I think they'll leave realms with one map for last. I think it'll be Coldwind next then Autohaven. Since games are in the three original realms the most. But personally I want Crotus Penn and Haddonfield.

    2. Is the next killer gonna be Original or License? Personally I don't know they haven't been too clear on this.

    3. Will they buff and nerf more perks? I think so but not as much as last time.

    4. Will there be a mechanic change? I don't think so.

    5 Will there be more bugs? This shouldn't be a question we all know the answer.

    Voice your thoughts.

    I can answer some of these, however take it with a grain of salt as this is just assumptions


    1. I remember CowsIam posting a picture on twitter of a huge tree on the swamp maps during the PTB, meaning most likely swamp is next
    2. Licensed most likely, in the license/eternal blight live stream they did they mentioned that "We are excited to reveal our next killer to you guys" and that they mentioned that they are happy seeing concepts for this killer as well, meaning someone's concept is this killer
    3. Most likely, monstrous shrine and vigil are next on the chopping block
    4. Devs mentioned an "early game collapse" before, but we don't know when this will be getting tested
    5. The answer is up to you
  • @Buttercake said:

    I'd like a burning lava/fire map.

    and call it "The 5 FPS Map" 😂

  • I don't think it will be coldwind or autohaven in the next chapter, these are 5 maps which is too much I guess to have it parallel with a new killer + survivor + probably also a new map anyway. The OG realms are more target for midchapter patches. I hope they leave the swamp maps untouched for some time. xy-sided is a different discussion, but I really like the optics and would hate to get that replaced by the vanilla style that all the recent maps got now. Sure, the detail is better and higher level, but all reworked maps lost their unique feeling :(

    Absolutely no clue about OG or license. We had one license this year already and so far there is a license for every third killer. Could be both. Candyman is still pending :P

    Perks will be constantly changed from now on, my guess. But as you said, and same as on my first point, more a target for midchapter patches, as full chapters already contain 6 new perks

    @RockoRango said:

    How about focusing on the current patch/event before instantly starting to speculate about the next? It seems a bit ridiculous, and I’m saying it because these usually sprout up like acne once one blows up.

    so what's so bad about it? just because you dislike it? I think it is kinda harsh to prohibit someone to talk abut things he is interested in.

    @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/199455/the-next-chapter

    I can answer some of these, however take it with a grain of salt as this is just assumptions

    1. I remember CowsIam posting a picture on twitter of a huge tree on the swamp maps during the PTB, meaning most likely swamp is next
    2. Licensed most likely, in the license/eternal blight live stream they did they mentioned that "We are excited to reveal our next killer to you guys" and that they mentioned that they are happy seeing concepts for this killer as well, meaning someone's concept is this killer
    3. Most likely, monstrous shrine and vigil are next on the chopping block
    4. Devs mentioned an "early game collapse" before, but we don't know when this will be getting tested
    5. The answer is up to you

    for 2: they have their own concepts as well :P and my guess would be more like OG killer, as I wouldn't need to see the concept of PH first for example to be excited, only knowing about it would be sufficient. If I first take a look and then get excited, I would more guess for OG. Because I dont see why he should mention the concept for the first case.

  • @Deadeye said:

    I don't think it will be coldwind or autohaven in the next chapter, these are 5 maps which is too much I guess to have it parallel with a new killer + survivor + probably also a new map anyway. The OG realms are more target for midchapter patches. I hope they leave the swamp maps untouched for some time. xy-sided is a different discussion, but I really like the optics and would hate to get that replaced by the vanilla style that all the recent maps got now. Sure, the detail is better and higher level, but all reworked maps lost their unique feeling :(

    Absolutely no clue about OG or license. We had one license this year already and so far there is a license for every third killer. Could be both. Candyman is still pending :P

    Perks will be constantly changed from now on, my guess. But as you said, and same as on my first point, more a target for midchapter patches, as full chapters already contain 6 new perks

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694268#Comment_1694268

    so what's so bad about it? just because you dislike it? I think it is kinda harsh to prohibit someone to talk abut things he is interested in.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694293#Comment_1694293

    for 2: they have their own concepts as well :P and my guess would be more like OG killer, as I wouldn't need to see the concept of PH first for example to be excited, only knowing about it would be sufficient. If I first take a look and then get excited, I would more guess for OG. Because I dont see why he should mention the concept for the first case.

    They mentioned seeing a concept from the community of it

  • I would love if they fixed some bugs, and improved the performance before they jumped into the next chapter.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    I would love if they fixed some bugs, and improved the performance before they jumped into the next chapter.

    That would be nice but I don't think it's their top priority.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694352#Comment_1694352

    They mentioned seeing a concept from the community of it

    They did? I thought Cote meant he is a big fan of their original contents and was very excited especially about the current concept they are working on (meaning it’s original and not licensed)

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694353#Comment_1694353

    They did? I thought Cote meant he is a big fan of their original contents and was very excited especially about the current concept they are working on (meaning it’s original and not licensed)

    I believe they did yes