Killer kind of bores me, honestly

I'm gonna preface this by saying that I'm a really good Killer. I hit Rank 1 on Killer within the first few days of rank reset every month and the vast majority of my matches are 4ks or 3ks with hatch.

But honestly, I don't have as much fun with the role. On Killer, I feel like matches are largely predictable because the Survivors are all the exact same mechanically. So they all tend to run to the same loops, optimize them the exact same way, run the same pool of maybe 10 perks. On Survivor, the Killer's playstyle drastically changes based which Killer they're playing. The way you have to play against a Doctor is nothing like how you have to play against a Hag for example.

After you've played against DeadHard/Decisive/Unbreakable/BorrowedTime thousands of times, the Survivors all start to blend together. I just wish there was more variety on the Survivor side so the Killer games weren't so stale. I'd love it if more people ran stuff like Head On, Any Means Necessary and Flip Flop and I wish the Devs balanced the game so perks like that were more viable and we didn't always have to go against the same stuff. But maybe that's just me.

Comments

  • Ignoring the opening brag, I'm gonna say it seems like you're playing the same killer or killers over and over again, because as you said, survivors cannot play the same way against different killers, which means that there's a whole heap of variety right there.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Ignoring the opening brag, I'm gonna say it seems like you're playing the same killer or killers over and over again, because as you said, survivors cannot play the same way against different killers, which means that there's a whole heap of variety right there.

    I play Legion, Freddy, Ghost Face, Wraith, Hag, Spirit and Plague. I tend to like M1 style Killers. Stuff like Huntress, Pyramid Head, Nurse and Deathslinger aren't my cup of tea

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1692823#Comment_1692823

    I play Legion, Freddy, Ghost Face, Wraith, Hag, Spirit and Plague. I tend to like M1 style Killers. Stuff like Huntress, Pyramid Head, Nurse and Deathslinger aren't my cup of tea

    You like M1 killers and are complaining that killer is boring and chasing survivors feels the same? Ok?

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1692894#Comment_1692894

    You like M1 killers and are complaining that killer is boring and chasing survivors feels the same? Ok?

    It's more that I want some perk variety from Survivors to make the games less boring. Even if I was playing the more unique Killers, that wouldn't change the stale loadouts from most Red Ranks

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1692902#Comment_1692902

    It's more that I want some perk variety from Survivors to make the games less boring. Even if I was playing the more unique Killers, that wouldn't change the stale loadouts from most Red Ranks

    The most perk variety that's actually viable to run that I've seen would be something like a locker build. The other "variety" perks really aren't that good in the slightest. The "Vault into disappear" build with Dance With Me, Lithe and Q&Q looks fun, but you're taking up 3 entire perk slots to do something that will rarely work against good killers and is very situational and based on where you are on the map. I think it's up to BHVR to try and actually buff more of these different perks because right now there's no real reason to run them over the current meta, and the fun you might get out of them is very short and sweet when you realise your entire build is based around one single gimmick that's already very situational.

  • I was just thinking of a post similar to this.Totally the opposite of what I thinking, of how much fun it is to play killer or survivor.When you play or have been playing for years 4 years now. You should find ways to entertain yourself for example

    I main Pyramid Head so while I'm on Midwich, I sacrifice survivor's to the entity of Silent Hill in my mind so this pertains to cage deaths and final judgements galore.

    Now that it's October play Myers only and stare into their souls while their hooked,idk what gets you going but I'm sure you can come up with something to entertain yourself.

    Still in all survivor's may run the same thing which is changing, I've seen fewer d strike users may be a ploy so it want get changed but whatever, the game constantly changes for me especially with new cosmetics, DLCs and the archives.

  • @gatsby said:

    I'm gonna preface this by saying that I'm a really good Killer. I hit Rank 1 on Killer within the first few days of rank reset every month and the vast majority of my matches are 4ks or 3ks with hatch.

    But honestly, I don't have as much fun with the role. On Killer, I feel like matches are largely predictable because the Survivors are all the exact same mechanically. So they all tend to run to the same loops, optimize them the exact same way, run the same pool of maybe 10 perks. On Survivor, the Killer's playstyle drastically changes based which Killer they're playing. The way you have to play against a Doctor is nothing like how you have to play against a Hag for example.

    After you've played against DeadHard/Decisive/Unbreakable/BorrowedTime thousands of times, the Survivors all start to blend together. I just wish there was more variety on the Survivor side so the Killer games weren't so stale. I'd love it if more people ran stuff like Head On, Any Means Necessary and Flip Flop and I wish the Devs balanced the game so perks like that were more viable and we didn't always have to go against the same stuff. But maybe that's just me.

    Pretty much. Survivors all use the same stale meta and it gets old.

  • @TheStabbiNAngeL said:

    I was just thinking of a post similar to this.Totally the opposite of what I thinking, of how much fun it is to play killer or survivor.When you play or have been playing for years 4 years now. You should find ways to entertain yourself for example

    I main Pyramid Head so while I'm on Midwich, I sacrifice survivor's to the entity of Silent Hill in my mind so this pertains to cage deaths and final judgements galore.

    Now that it's October play Myers only and stare into their souls while their hooked,idk what gets you going but I'm sure you can come up with something to entertain yourself.

    Still in all survivor's may run the same thing which is changing, I've seen fewer d strike users may be a ploy so it want get changed but whatever, the game constantly changes for me especially with new cosmetics, DLCs and the archives.

    The game overall isn't getting stale. I love Survivor lots. I've just noticed that I have less fun on Killer and thought my opinion was a bit unique because it's the role I'm actually better at.

    And you should totally make a post about your experience btw. It's cool to hear from people with different mindsets. Your thematic month Killer idea sounds kinda fun actually

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1692946#Comment_1692946

    The game overall isn't getting stale. I love Survivor lots. I've just noticed that I have less fun on Killer and thought my opinion was a bit unique because it's the role I'm actually better at.

    And you should totally make a post about your experience btw. It's cool to hear from people with different mindsets. Your thematic month Killer idea sounds kinda fun actually

    I get where you're coming, at time's the same routine can become stale ,I play other games also so from those down times makes me appreciate this game even more weirdly enough,but hell even single player games have parts and levels that we absolutely despise.

  • @TheStabbiNAngeL said:

    I was just thinking of a post similar to this.Totally the opposite of what I thinking, of how much fun it is to play killer or survivor.When you play or have been playing for years 4 years now. You should find ways to entertain yourself for example

    I main Pyramid Head so while I'm on Midwich, I sacrifice survivor's to the entity of Silent Hill in my mind so this pertains to cage deaths and final judgements galore.

    Now that it's October play Myers only and stare into their souls while their hooked,idk what gets you going but I'm sure you can come up with something to entertain yourself.

    Still in all survivor's may run the same thing which is changing, I've seen fewer d strike users may be a ploy so it want get changed but whatever, the game constantly changes for me especially with new cosmetics, DLCs and the archives.

    Man Killer would be fun if the devs didn't break ps4

  • Yeah I been rubber banding alot and McMillan is kinda of Choppy right now.

    Broken

    Ek0JfqOX0AI-qzS.jpeg 20201020_201421.jpg