There is kinda a loop hole
I'm not saying this will happen, or that I'm right, or even that I want this. So they could get Jason in dead by daylight through the never hike alone and never hike in the snow short movies as one was made this year so copyright isn't affecting it. What would you think of that? Assuming I'm right about that.
Comments
No, I don't really think so. Those are two fan films. The intellectual property of Jason, and Friday the Thirteenth in general is still in legal hell, and probably will be for a long time. I'm no lawyer, but I don't think that DbD could take from a Fan Film at all.
Nah the case is about to end as they already announced merch and there is a new movie coming out.
Oh okay. I don't keep very up to date about that stuff. Welp I guess I've been ruined. Lol
The reason those movies were allowed to exist is due to them being non-profit fan films. That said if they wanted to they could have easily DMCAd them.
I didn't know that actually. Still, I don't think Jason is a very likely candidate. If the legal battle stops, I figure the game might actually get some more updates. If F13 the game like officially dies, then maybe - but as Jason already has his own game, however dead it may be, I don't see it happening.
Yeah recently they have been announcing stuff
If we can't get THE Jason then why would we settle for a knock off? Besides I kinda don't want Jason in here if he is going to be another M1 killer that can easily be bullyed.
But the Band is not complete without him. If there´s any license out there that deserves and needs a spot in DBD, it´s definately him for so many reasons. I´d argue that M1 Killers aren´t actually that easily Bullied anymore, at least Freddy and Michael aren´t.
If he's not strong I don't want him in here. Otherwise he would feel like a cash grab. We need to do Jason justice!!!
Can´t argue on this one, I´m all for that, too ;-)
Add Jason to the game and add an advert on the loading screen when versing him for the Friday 13th game. Everyone wins!