Lightborn might be next to have a nerf demanded
I'm seeing a rise in killers using lightborn whenever they see a flashlight (usually at least too) in the lobby, and with the upcoming tome, it's likely it'll be in the shrine and in challenges, which might easily end up making it the next target to be called overpowered.
Comments
Nah.
Nobody cares about Lightborn.
Yeah I'm with you here. Flashlight saves are haphazard at best, apparently they are even worse to aim recently, though that's merely opinion gathered from other posts so don't quote me on that. I honestly don't think most would be remotely concerned, and the few that did would be unlikely to gain much support.
I think they changed the target area for blinding not so long ago, or at least the camera angle... so I think some people just haven't got used to the new method.
Also did they speed up killer pickup animation giving you less time to save? Can't remember for sure.
I can't imaging many killer use Lightborn, even if they do see a flashlight squad. Its a waste of a perk, especially when you can just face a wall a lot of the time anyway.
Who cares about lightborn?
Yeah, giving up a perk slot of make sure you won't get blinded seems fair to me.
I mean, first, a Killer can avoid being flashlighted by looking away. And even IF a Survivor pulls of a Save with a Flashlight, the Killer will avoid it afterwards.
Blinding at Pallets is basically useless, I see so many Survivors doing it while not even running Iron Will. Which means, the Killer will keep track of them.
Also, Lightborn did not change at all when it comes to Blindness-Immunity. Before, you would have to look at the Flashlight for several seconds (I think it was 6 seconds in total?) to get blinded. It was already impossible to blind someone with Lightborn before they buffed it.
Lightborn has never affected me because I suck at getting flashlight saves anyway so every killer may as well be running it.
I sometimes do Lightborn plus Enduring plus maybe Agitation and Brutal just to get hilarious free hits on people trying to blind me at pallets or when I’m carrying someone. 😄 It’s not even that the perk is as good as other perks, it’s not, and flashlights are actually pretty ineffective overall in general even without Lightborn. It’s just a funny gimmick to occasionally scare people who try to blind you.
IMO, Flashlights are only useful if you can save a carried Survivor with it. Beyond that, I think blinding someone is 9 times out of 10 useless if the Killer is not thoroughly incompetent.
If the killer brings Lightborn thats already a small victory for the survivors. That one less Ruin/Undying/Sloppy/NOED/Spirit Fury.
I should have noted that, in personal experience, the matches with more than one flashlight (which I saw rather commonly lately) always end up with a 3-4k because the survivors seem more out to be toxic than getting anything done.
And, lbr, it's exactly and unfortunately that kind of player that will call for a nerf if something meddles with their plans to annoy the killer
Lightborn is a strong survivor perk, almost as good as Monstrous Shrine.
Everyone here is definitely under rating Lightborn. It's a niche perk that still honestly doesn't deserve to be taken over other perks, but if you see a lobby with 4 flashlight Claudettes, it seems like a no brainer pick.
I don't think much of anyone will ask for a Lightborn nerf but I personally think it would be interesting if they buffed the Odd Bulb add on to be the only add on that worked against Lightborn (not as if they didn't have Lightborn- just as if they had old Lightborn). It's a crappy add on that doesn't deserve the iridescent status it currently has LMAO
Lightborn never affects me cause I never use flashlights lol
It was already impossible to get a flashlight blind if a killer had Lightborn before now the only difference is they see your aura for several seconds now. It's just a placebo effect honestly you weren't getting a save unless the killer let you with the previous version.
Lightborn is fine and if people think the change put it over the top likely they played bad anyway or never played against lightborn before to realize it's a non issue.
Like the other unique perk challenges, we’ll probably only have one of them. I’m surprised we didn’t see this when Lightborn was buffed. Maybe it’s because Billy and Bubba were getting reworked at the same time so people were more focused on that and there wasn’t a Tome challenge that forced the Killer to use Lightborn.
Without new "Lightborn" locker flaahlight saves got no counterpick. Just fyi.
Just a minor aside, the aura lasts 10 seconds which is a pretty long time for an aura. I find it’s actually most useful when they try and blind you while you break a pallet, because you can see their aura for 10 seconds there’s pretty much zero chance they’re be able to mindgame you while they run away if there’s something else nearby to hide behind.
I'm not that bad that I'm still there, thank you
Everyone pretty much assumes they added the aura so the perk has something to scale off of. That's what I meant before blinding a killer was pretty much impossible prior unless a killer let a survivor do it. That's why they just made it 100% block blinds and gave the perk something else to scale off of.
Wouldn't have been an issue if perks only had one tier.
Pretty good point about the Odd Bulb, what kind of iridescent addon makes your item worse?
Exactly! The trade off for 12% shorter flashlight life (a full second off of an 8 second yellow) is 25% longer blinds... which is I think about half a second? Not really worth it when you consider most killers can still track while blind if they're decent players. Obviously, the insta blind effect it apparently used to have (before my time!) was overpowered, but at this point... it's a crappy add on that should be green or purple at best. I avoid it on my bloodweb and I never put it on flashlights. It deserves a look at tbh
Lightborn is the only perk Ive yet to see since the Hillbilly and Leatherface changes and that also includes Blight and Felix perks, nobody uses it because flashlights are not that great unless you get a save and any decent Killer worth their salt can almost always avoid those or even use flashlight save attempts to get a free hit.
4 flashlights is already a free win because they're
A. Going to forgo gens to try for flashlight saves which is free map pressure
B. Going to go for pallet blinds which are pointless if you have headphones anyway.