Why are you (The Developers) so slow to fix major issues?
I don't actually expect a developer or community manager to see this but I think it'd be therapeutic to get my thoughts out there and if it does get seen then that'll just be the cherry on top.
Keys and moris are going to be reworked, cool. Thing is, why weren't they reworked a year ago or 2 years ago? Keys and moris have been almost universally acknowledged as being game-breakingly strong for years. Why isn't the fix already here? On top of that we could talk about perks and particular perk combos which are very unpleasant to face. I mean surely it couldn't be a case of you guys being understaffed. The game is no Fortnite or Minecraft but DBD is very sucessful in it's own right. Is this a case of company interference getting in the way of fixing the game's issues? Is it simply a disinterest in the issues the game has as long as people keep playing? This might seem rather agressive and I'm sorry if it does but I genuinely want to understand what's going on. A bit more transparency would be nice y'know? Anyhow, I've given my two cents, I hope this wasn't too unpleasant of a read. Thanks for reading to the end and I hope you all have a lovely day!
Comments
Its a mixture of ######### priorities and not enough man power. There are only 2 people on the balance team so naturally everything they do is slow.
Moris were nerfed less than a year after launch, just FYI.
My guess is, they focused on other things that are more commonly used.
I know about that but the thing is moris just went from unbelievably broken to still broken but less so lol.
Are you joking or being serious? If you're being serious then I'd love to see proof of that. That would be preposterous if so but I have a hard time believing that they only have 2 people on the balance team lol.
They definitely have bigger teams for each department. The devs who comment here aren't the only ones for DBD.
To the beginning of the topic: It has been commented before they're in the list of things being changed. Some things may have a higher priorities than others, but they are aware of the whole debate going on about keys and moris. This comment is specifically in a thread about moris and keys.
I know this is not the answer you are seeking for, but I can guarantee you they know about it and are looking into it.
Might not be exactly 2 since they said “about” but the number is pitifully small either way.
There are other priorities in Dead by Daylight than fixing the game itself. The console version is a perfect example. Its just as broken, if not more, than it was on release and there's literally nothing happening about it.
Another perfect example is their reluctance to add a colorblind mode because of "unfair advantages". They forget that every major E-sport game in the world got colorblind mode and it ain't exploited. Its a lazy-arse excuse.