The 3rd Seal absolutely counters OoO. If you hit the OoO Survivor they will be Blind and unable to see auras, period until the Hex is cleansed. They will have the witch's mark. You don't need Undying for it to work, but Undying is always fun.
I'm fairly certain OoO will still light upon the HUD, so it's not quite the counter you may be hoping for.
It will light up, sort of a poor man's Spine Chill, but it is still a lot better than them seeing the Aura big as daylight. I love using the 3rd Seal on a Maniac Myers. When I play Spooky Myers I love OoO even more since I can see their aura and they can't see mine.
so its a better spine chill that also reveals your location? still is a bad perk without the aura reading
And yet I would still take this "bad perk" over most others. Knowing exactly where the killer is coming from and when they are coming for you? Given that the info OoO gives the killer is terrible, worthless aura reading that tells the killer nothing useful since you can hide it when it would be, it's basically Premonition with no cooldown. Worse than normal? Sure, but still strong.
And yet I would still take this "bad perk" over most others. Knowing exactly where the killer is coming from and when they are coming for you? Given that the info OoO gives the killer is terrible, worthless aura reading that tells the killer nothing useful since you can hide it when it would be, it's basically Premonition with no cooldown. Worse than normal? Sure, but still strong.
Its not worth taking over the other meta perks. If it was like how it is with hex the third seal, then i would place it in b or a tier. Strong, but terrible compared to the other meta perks.
I'm fairly certain OoO will still light upon the HUD, so it's not quite the counter you may be hoping for.
This is correct. It also still reveals the survivors aura to the killer when this happens as well, suddenly making OoO very dangerous when they have aura blindness. They’re likely to be the one that will waste significant time finding the hex, and will probably be someone the killer can easily catch at totems.
Also you may want to consider asking if it’s worth two perk slots for a harder to get rid of Blindness effect. Blindness isn’t bad so the answer might be Yes? But then again Blindness maybe isn’t great compared to other things you could maybe put in that perk slot instead.
I’m kind of neutral I guess on this, I use Third Seal sometimes and it’s ok but I’m not sure I’d use it over other perks I like a bit better?
Its not worth taking over the other meta perks. If it was like how it is with hex the third seal, then i would place it in b or a tier. Strong, but terrible compared to the other meta perks.
I think you are failing to see the discussion at hand: does Blindness counter OoO? The answer: it removes aura reading, but it doesn't remove the perk and it can still be used to great effect.
I think you are failing to see the discussion at hand: does Blindness counter OoO? The answer: it removes aura reading, but it doesn't remove the perk and it can still be used to great effect.
Yeah but my point was it would be a better spine chill but still bad overall compared to something like smol pp
Yeah but my point was it would be a better spine chill but still bad overall compared to something like smol pp
So... Your suggestion is to use cheating software to know when the killer is bringing Blindness? Nothing is better than the small pp build, but you cannot retroactively run it
Also you may want to consider asking if it’s worth two perk slots for a harder to get rid of Blindness effect. Blindness isn’t bad so the answer might be Yes? But then again Blindness maybe isn’t great compared to other things you could maybe put in that perk slot instead.
I’m kind of neutral I guess on this, I use Third Seal sometimes and it’s ok but I’m not sure I’d use it over other perks I like a bit better?
I was thinking it would be useful because it still reveals the survivor's aura when they're looking at you, and if you run it with a third hex perk you're still getting your money's worth out of Undying, although it's a high risk build for sure.
So... Your suggestion is to use cheating software to know when the killer is bringing Blindness? Nothing is better than the small pp build, but you cannot retroactively run it
What? Please tell me where i said use cheats to find out if there are using blinding perks. I wanna know.
I was thinking it would be useful because it still reveals the survivor's aura when they're looking at you, and if you run it with a third hex perk you're still getting your money's worth out of Undying, although it's a high risk build for sure.
Sure, if you do Undying + Third Seal + Ruin you’re getting some Undying value on Ruin too. It is lessened slightly though because that means only two dull totems for Undying to make use of instead of 3. You’d still see the aura of anybody near the totems though.
In order for 3rd seal to counter the Object you have to hit them with your m1 first. If the seal gets cleansed and transferred, all of its stacks will be lost, so you have to hit them again to apply the effect.
Good luck against a good team with multiple Objects though. Some run it on more than 1 person so that if Object nr 1 gets in the Killers TR, Object nr2 will still be able to call out where the Killer is at all times. If they go all out, every gen you approach will be abandoned and if you do happen to find somebody if they mess up they will be so well positioned that it´s almost pointless to engage in that chase. Nothing really "counters" Object other than being a really skillful nurse main.
It will light up, sort of a poor man's Spine Chill, but it is still a lot better than them seeing the Aura big as daylight. I love using the 3rd Seal on a Maniac Myers. When I play Spooky Myers I love OoO even more since I can see their aura and they can't see mine.
More like a poor mans premonition, since it will light up depending on your view, not the killers.
I mean, why do you need Undying? It's already true for Third Seal except that the survivor can still tell your general direction.
I never said you did. I simply stated the potential value of the 3rd Seal, not the least of which when you hit everyone they can't see where the other Survivors are and spend more time looking for them for rescues. If you have everyone marked, it also works well with Slugging. Undying is just a convenient way to protect another Hex and to give you motion detection when people move too close to your Hexes.
It kind of would, as others have said. But getting that first hit to apply it each time can prove tricky when the OoO user has prime opportunity to position themselves well. Certainly worth trying out!
I never said you did. I simply stated the potential value of the 3rd Seal, not the least of which when you hit everyone they can't see where the other Survivors are and spend more time looking for them for rescues. If you have everyone marked, it also works well with Slugging. Undying is just a convenient way to protect another Hex and to give you motion detection when people move too close to your Hexes.
My comment was to the poster, who titled the discussion as if the addition of Undying somehow affected Third Seal and OoO's interaction.
And I guess since you approached me first, I'll just point out that each time Third Seal is cleansed, you would need to re-hit the Obsession because Undying removes all stacks. I find extreme issue with Undying, but this post is not meant for that.
It kind of would, as others have said. But getting that first hit to apply it each time can prove tricky when the OoO user has prime opportunity to position themselves well. Certainly worth trying out!
Depends. Context for me is I only play Michael Myers, and will continue to do main him as my Killer until I can hit Rank-1 with him. It is a personal goal. If I'm playing Spooky Myers (and I often am doing just that) OoO Survivors are totally screwed. All their Perk is doing is letting me see exactly where they are no matter the distance and I don't even have to Stalk to do it. They will know I'm looking their direction based on the HUD but it suffices to say their Perk just became MY Perk.
When I play Maniac Myers, I often consider the 3rd Seal simply because I will see the OoO immediately (just like for Spooky they can't see me until I go to Tier 2+). Thus I will make a beeline toward the OoO and hit him/her immediately so they can't see me even when I Tier up. If I'm not running 3rd Seal I'll just tunnel the OoO out of the game. It is nothing personal. So, full disclosure, as a Myers I don't really mind OoO.
My comment was to the poster, who titled the discussion as if the addition of Undying somehow affected Third Seal and OoO's interaction.
And I guess since you approached me first, I'll just point out that each time Third Seal is cleansed, you would need to re-hit the Obsession because Undying removes all stacks. I find extreme issue with Undying, but this post is not meant for that.
Absolutely true. Do I think Undying is necessary with 3rd Seal? No. But it doesn't hurt it either. I suspect people taking Undying with 3rd Seal are using it more for the Aura Motion Sensors than they are for resetting the Totem. Or they have a third Hex in play that is more important to them.
There is a reason why nobody ever use Hex: The Third Seal. Its terrible. Most survivors don't use any aura reading perks, and thoses who do probably can play without them. Yes its does somewhat annoy OoO users. But you have to hit every survivor to apply it and they can just cleanse the totem. And since its token based, Undying isn't as effective. And it only work off basic attacks.
Blindness is a terrible status effect. Why do you think killers groan whenever new add-ons are made or reworked into a variant of Blindness ? The only thing its good for is slugging if you manage to get the whole team blind.
There is a reason why nobody ever use Hex: The Third Seal. Its terrible. Most survivors don't use any aura reading perks, and thoses who do probably can play without them. Yes its does somewhat annoy OoO users. But you have to hit every survivor to apply it and they can just cleanse the totem. And since its token based, Undying isn't as effective. And it only work off basic attacks.
Blindness is a terrible status effect. Why do you think killers groan whenever new add-ons are made or reworked into a variant of Blindness ? The only thing its good for is slugging if you manage to get the whole team blind.
Don't libel my baby like that! Yes, Hex: Third Seal is my precious child, and even here on the forums, it is being treated differently than other perks. DO YOU SEE MY GREEN AVATAR?!
Recently had a match against the same survivors (with one in between because survivor queues are sooo long), and one of them said, "You really like Third Seal, don't you".
It is BY FAR one of the most underrated perks in this game, and that's mainly due to the fact that everyone feels like they need to use slowdown perks (which I disagree with in full force).
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The 3rd Seal absolutely counters OoO. If you hit the OoO Survivor they will be Blind and unable to see auras, period until the Hex is cleansed. They will have the witch's mark. You don't need Undying for it to work, but Undying is always fun.
It gives them Blindness, so it does cancel it out.
The Third Seal is a Token-based Hex Perk though, and it'll lose them all upon being cleansed.
Hitting them again is no problem, but it means OoO won't be cancelled out permanently from the first hit.
I'm fairly certain OoO will still light upon the HUD, so it's not quite the counter you may be hoping for.
so its a better spine chill that also reveals your location? still is a bad perk without the aura reading
Ohh ok, I never use it so I forgot about the tokens.
It will light up, sort of a poor man's Spine Chill, but it is still a lot better than them seeing the Aura big as daylight. I love using the 3rd Seal on a Maniac Myers. When I play Spooky Myers I love OoO even more since I can see their aura and they can't see mine.
And yet I would still take this "bad perk" over most others. Knowing exactly where the killer is coming from and when they are coming for you? Given that the info OoO gives the killer is terrible, worthless aura reading that tells the killer nothing useful since you can hide it when it would be, it's basically Premonition with no cooldown. Worse than normal? Sure, but still strong.
Its not worth taking over the other meta perks. If it was like how it is with hex the third seal, then i would place it in b or a tier. Strong, but terrible compared to the other meta perks.
This is correct. It also still reveals the survivors aura to the killer when this happens as well, suddenly making OoO very dangerous when they have aura blindness. They’re likely to be the one that will waste significant time finding the hex, and will probably be someone the killer can easily catch at totems.
Also you may want to consider asking if it’s worth two perk slots for a harder to get rid of Blindness effect. Blindness isn’t bad so the answer might be Yes? But then again Blindness maybe isn’t great compared to other things you could maybe put in that perk slot instead.
I’m kind of neutral I guess on this, I use Third Seal sometimes and it’s ok but I’m not sure I’d use it over other perks I like a bit better?
I think you are failing to see the discussion at hand: does Blindness counter OoO? The answer: it removes aura reading, but it doesn't remove the perk and it can still be used to great effect.
Yeah but my point was it would be a better spine chill but still bad overall compared to something like smol pp
So... Your suggestion is to use cheating software to know when the killer is bringing Blindness? Nothing is better than the small pp build, but you cannot retroactively run it
I was thinking it would be useful because it still reveals the survivor's aura when they're looking at you, and if you run it with a third hex perk you're still getting your money's worth out of Undying, although it's a high risk build for sure.
What? Please tell me where i said use cheats to find out if there are using blinding perks. I wanna know.
Sure, if you do Undying + Third Seal + Ruin you’re getting some Undying value on Ruin too. It is lessened slightly though because that means only two dull totems for Undying to make use of instead of 3. You’d still see the aura of anybody near the totems though.
In order for 3rd seal to counter the Object you have to hit them with your m1 first. If the seal gets cleansed and transferred, all of its stacks will be lost, so you have to hit them again to apply the effect.
Good luck against a good team with multiple Objects though. Some run it on more than 1 person so that if Object nr 1 gets in the Killers TR, Object nr2 will still be able to call out where the Killer is at all times. If they go all out, every gen you approach will be abandoned and if you do happen to find somebody if they mess up they will be so well positioned that it´s almost pointless to engage in that chase. Nothing really "counters" Object other than being a really skillful nurse main.
More like a poor mans premonition, since it will light up depending on your view, not the killers.
I mean, why do you need Undying? It's already true for Third Seal except that the survivor can still tell your general direction.
I never said you did. I simply stated the potential value of the 3rd Seal, not the least of which when you hit everyone they can't see where the other Survivors are and spend more time looking for them for rescues. If you have everyone marked, it also works well with Slugging. Undying is just a convenient way to protect another Hex and to give you motion detection when people move too close to your Hexes.
It kind of would, as others have said. But getting that first hit to apply it each time can prove tricky when the OoO user has prime opportunity to position themselves well. Certainly worth trying out!
My comment was to the poster, who titled the discussion as if the addition of Undying somehow affected Third Seal and OoO's interaction.
And I guess since you approached me first, I'll just point out that each time Third Seal is cleansed, you would need to re-hit the Obsession because Undying removes all stacks. I find extreme issue with Undying, but this post is not meant for that.
Depends. Context for me is I only play Michael Myers, and will continue to do main him as my Killer until I can hit Rank-1 with him. It is a personal goal. If I'm playing Spooky Myers (and I often am doing just that) OoO Survivors are totally screwed. All their Perk is doing is letting me see exactly where they are no matter the distance and I don't even have to Stalk to do it. They will know I'm looking their direction based on the HUD but it suffices to say their Perk just became MY Perk.
When I play Maniac Myers, I often consider the 3rd Seal simply because I will see the OoO immediately (just like for Spooky they can't see me until I go to Tier 2+). Thus I will make a beeline toward the OoO and hit him/her immediately so they can't see me even when I Tier up. If I'm not running 3rd Seal I'll just tunnel the OoO out of the game. It is nothing personal. So, full disclosure, as a Myers I don't really mind OoO.
Absolutely true. Do I think Undying is necessary with 3rd Seal? No. But it doesn't hurt it either. I suspect people taking Undying with 3rd Seal are using it more for the Aura Motion Sensors than they are for resetting the Totem. Or they have a third Hex in play that is more important to them.
There is a reason why nobody ever use Hex: The Third Seal. Its terrible. Most survivors don't use any aura reading perks, and thoses who do probably can play without them. Yes its does somewhat annoy OoO users. But you have to hit every survivor to apply it and they can just cleanse the totem. And since its token based, Undying isn't as effective. And it only work off basic attacks.
Blindness is a terrible status effect. Why do you think killers groan whenever new add-ons are made or reworked into a variant of Blindness ? The only thing its good for is slugging if you manage to get the whole team blind.
Don't libel my baby like that! Yes, Hex: Third Seal is my precious child, and even here on the forums, it is being treated differently than other perks. DO YOU SEE MY GREEN AVATAR?!
Recently had a match against the same survivors (with one in between because survivor queues are sooo long), and one of them said, "You really like Third Seal, don't you".
It is BY FAR one of the most underrated perks in this game, and that's mainly due to the fact that everyone feels like they need to use slowdown perks (which I disagree with in full force).