Critique

Now i just got off a week break a few days ago and since i just got out of forum jail I need a video to be reviewed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCfFUJHkz14

Now I will address one mistake i made i know about, and that's the fact i didn't break some strong pallets

Comments

  • *adjust glasses and straightens tie*

    I shall do the deed.

    First gen I would have circled. They didn't have time to go into the jungle gym. I'm almost 70% certain they were crouch walking around either that gen or some boxes nearby.

    Then you stalked the survivor to get to Tier 2. One minute into the match so that's not bad.

    I don't think Nea knew you were there yet, that would have been a good time to get stalk up to Tier 3, but the chase with her wasn't too bad, but the gen you lost was the first one you left alone, which tells me that the survivor started working on it as soon as you left.

    Now you've stalked the two and got Tier 3 ready, imagine if you'd done that with Nea earlier. 2 downs. Now you've got a Meg hooked next to a completed generator.

    Personally I don't like that because that means you're spending time in a part of the map with no gen pressure.

    You leave the hook to chase the two healing survivors, but immediately push them into an unfinished generator and return to the hook (by a completed gen) and lose all momentum. "They're on the way." ...who though? 1 is on hook, 2 are chased to a fresh generator. If it's a sweat squad the rescuer will have Borrowed. You gain nothing with this play.

    Popping the main building gen was a good play. I like the stalk until you jumped down from the window. Lost another chance to fill up your Tier 3 since I don't think they knew you were up there.

    The two you pushed into a gen complete that gen, and you're chasing Nea. Somehow you crisscross and Nea panics and Dead Hards while you panic and swing. I find this very funny tbh.

    Now you're chasing Cheryl and have no Tier 3 ready to go. She wasn't paying attention to your red glow but that could have been much worse.

    You're down to 1 gen and you start on Meg, and I don't think she realized you were there. I know you know you're there, but Myers is a sneaky boi with M&A and Rabbit. Your only tell is the red glow. Press the advantage and stalk.

    I wouldn't have broken the pallet unless you were abandoning chase, she got a lot of distance off of that.

    Now you're at end game. You traded one hook for one gen, so you're at about 5 hooks for 5 gens. That's not awful but you've only used pop once and your power once.

    Nea plays like I do and gives you the sac, signaling to the others to escape. If you'd ignored Nea and gone for Meg she still had a hook state. That would have drawn the others in to try and make that final save and would have very likely given you two more hooks and maybe two sacrifices if you play your cards right.

    Your gameplay isn't bad, but you had the gen pressure of a Deathslinger. I really think you'd benefit by swapping out Pop for Corrupt Intervention.

    Edit: If you're not trying to be sneaky maybe Distressing instead of Monitor will do you better on Myers. If people don't know you're there you can't pressure them, but if you're not gonna stalk might as well scream 'Hey Myers is close hear my terror radius!'

  • @Heartbound said:

    *adjust glasses and straightens tie*

    I shall do the deed.

    First gen I would have circled. They didn't have time to go into the jungle gym. I'm almost 70% certain they were crouch walking around either that gen or some boxes nearby.

    Then you stalked the survivor to get to Tier 2. One minute into the match so that's not bad.

    I don't think Nea knew you were there yet, that would have been a good time to get stalk up to Tier 3, but the chase with her wasn't too bad, but the gen you lost was the first one you left alone, which tells me that the survivor started working on it as soon as you left.

    Now you've stalked the two and got Tier 3 ready, imagine if you'd done that with Nea earlier. 2 downs. Now you've got a Meg hooked next to a completed generator.

    Personally I don't like that because that means you're spending time in a part of the map with no gen pressure.

    You leave the hook to chase the two healing survivors, but immediately push them into an unfinished generator and return to the hook (by a completed gen) and lose all momentum. "They're on the way." ...who though? 1 is on hook, 2 are chased to a fresh generator. If it's a sweat squad the rescuer will have Borrowed. You gain nothing with this play.

    Popping the main building gen was a good play. I like the stalk until you jumped down from the window. Lost another chance to fill up your Tier 3 since I don't think they knew you were up there.

    The two you pushed into a gen complete that gen, and you're chasing Nea. Somehow you crisscross and Nea panics and Dead Hards while you panic and swing. I find this very funny tbh.

    Now you're chasing Cheryl and have no Tier 3 ready to go. She wasn't paying attention to your red glow but that could have been much worse.

    You're down to 1 gen and you start on Meg, and I don't think she realized you were there. I know you know you're there, but Myers is a sneaky boi with M&A and Rabbit. Your only tell is the red glow. Press the advantage and stalk.

    I wouldn't have broken the pallet unless you were abandoning chase, she got a lot of distance off of that.

    Now you're at end game. You traded one hook for one gen, so you're at about 5 hooks for 5 gens. That's not awful but you've only used pop once and your power once.

    Nea plays like I do and gives you the sac, signaling to the others to escape. If you'd ignored Nea and gone for Meg she still had a hook state. That would have drawn the others in to try and make that final save and would have very likely given you two more hooks and maybe two sacrifices if you play your cards right.

    Your gameplay isn't bad, but you had the gen pressure of a Deathslinger. I really think you'd benefit by swapping out Pop for Corrupt Intervention.

    Edit: If you're not trying to be sneaky maybe Distressing instead of Monitor will do you better on Myers. If people don't know you're there you can't pressure them, but if you're not gonna stalk might as well scream 'Hey Myers is close hear my terror radius!'

    thank you

  • Honestly, you're just playing Myers wrong. To win on Myers you need to have map pressure from snowballing off your power like Oni. Slugging with Infectious Fright should be a big goal to get the most out of Tier 3. Also, because of the whole slugging snowball thing Hex: Ruin is significantly better than Pop. Because your goal is to draw people off generators by downing enough Survivors that people can't afford to just sit on gens and they have to leave to help.

    Basically, don't play like a "normal" Killer. Slug, proxy camp and just generally be more aggressive to maximize the value from your power. Meyers shouldn't be walking around the map patrolling gens and taking normal chases. He should be playing like a total dick and forcing Survivors into messy, messy trades.

    And finally, yeah just break every strong pallet. But keep in mind that because Myers isn't super high mobility its a good idea to stay in an area once you've cleared out all the resources so it's really expensive to save or do gens there. If there's gen across the map being worked on that you see on BBQ, most of the time its not really worth it and you should just protect the area you already have control over. A lot of times you let Survivors take you to areas of the map that still had tons of pallets and had the gens already completed... its better to leave those chases.

  • @gatsby said:

    Honestly, you're just playing Myers wrong. To win on Myers you need to have map pressure from snowballing off your power like Oni. Slugging with Infectious Fright should be a big goal to get the most out of Tier 3. Also, because of the whole slugging snowball thing Hex: Ruin is significantly better than Pop. Because your goal is to draw people off generators by downing enough Survivors that people can't afford to just sit on gens and they have to leave to help.

    Basically, don't play like a "normal" Killer. Slug, proxy camp and just generally be more aggressive to maximize the value from your power. Meyers shouldn't be walking around the map patrolling gens and taking normal chases. He should be playing like a total dick and forcing Survivors into messy, messy trades.

    And finally, yeah just break every strong pallet. But keep in mind that because Myers isn't super high mobility its a good idea to stay in an area once you've cleared out all the resources so it's really expensive to save or do gens there. If there's gen across the map being worked on that you see on BBQ, most of the time its not really worth it and you should just protect the area you already have control over. A lot of times you let Survivors take you to areas of the map that still had tons of pallets and had the gens already completed... its better to leave those chases.

    I don't have the perks i want to play him to his full potential, so until then I have to run this build, and this is one of the few matches where I didn't use tier 3 more than about 2 to 3 times per match

  • Half the time you had Pop, you didn't use it. Also, that first gen you had a free kick but didn't.

    Early chases were too long too. Either commit to one part and force them to another loop or even take the pallet out too so other cases can't utilise them.

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1672583#Comment_1672583

    I don't have the perks i want to play him to his full potential, so until then I have to run this build, and this is one of the few matches where I didn't use tier 3 more than about 2 to 3 times per match

    Myers is one of those Killers that's really gonna be held back without the right build. You're pretty much playing him on hard mode right now. Mad respect.

    Sucks that most of the meta Killer perks are DLC. And most of the meta Survivor perks are free...

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1672591#Comment_1672591

    Myers is one of those Killers that's really gonna be held back without the right build. You're pretty much playing him on hard mode right now. Mad respect.

    Sucks that most of the meta Killer perks are DLC. And most of the meta Survivor perks are free...

    I mean I did get thrilling and replaced nurses and I'm back where i didn't want to be lol, at the brink of red ranks

  • Here are my thoughts:

    1. You need corrupt on myers
    2. In Coal tower, for the most part, you should give up the main building gen. Re-watch the video and count how much time you spent looping the main building. You could have spent that time pressuring generators and running much weaker loops
    3. Commit to slugging or hooking. During your T3, you wasted around 15 seconds by running half way and then deciding to hook instead. That loses you a massive amount of pressure.
    4. At 2:50 you get a really strong hook. Especially for a myers. You have to play around that area because it is a complete dead zone. Instead going back to point 2, you went back to the generator and lost at least one free down.
    5. You noticed this already but you had to break those pallets at main building. By themselves, they are semi-safe. However when chained together they become an infinite. Once again, going back to point 2, you wouldn't have to deal with these loops if you played around a different part of the map.
    6. I like that you tried mindgames and double backed. However, you should mix it up and try hiding your red stain. In this game, it worked really well, but against stronger survivors, they will exploit your playstyle if you always double back.

    Overall, you played well. It's just one of those unfortunate games. I think you're well on your way to being really good. Just a few pointers to brush up on.

    Edit: Would like to add I skimmed the video so won't have as detailed feedback as Heartbound.