If crossplay is off, enable P2P

I’d much rather queue in a lobby, see “50ms ping” and know that’s what I’m playing on, vs. seeing it on these servers, only to see the little cute white/red icon in the top corner once the game starts. Wouldn’t this be easy to do?

Comments

  • @Gunslinger_haha said:

    No thanks, I'd rather not go against lag switching killers.

    yes, because that was so rampant beforehand...

  • It was


    Along with this, if the killer had bad internet the match would lag so much that it was unplayable

  • @Gunslinger_haha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1671274#Comment_1671274

    It was, and I think Hoodied already explained it to you.

    Why should I be punished because the killer has a bad connection? (And even with dedicated servers, killer get advatanges for having a bad connection because hits are killer client)

    Lag switching was not a rampant problem. Perhaps look up how common that is in games first. What happened was if a killers connection spiked, everyone’s connection spiked. But in general, 50 ms meant 50 me. On these servers, you can pause the game and watch 50 turn into 140 to 110, to 50, to 60, to 50, etc. but because “150 is a great connection” you won’t see it otherwise. I’d argue it’s more spiked on these cloud-based amazon servers than it was before. And Killer gets all the benefit when it happens

  • @Gunslinger_haha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1671302#Comment_1671302

    That doesn't happen to me, maybe it is your connection or your servers, im playing with a ethernet cable

    As am I. I think I pay enough for internet that’s it’s not my connection. NA servers

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1671306#Comment_1671306

    As am I. I think I pay enough for internet that’s it’s not my connection. NA servers

    If you're in the USA, your connection is going to be fairly poor compared to other countries'. Regardless, P2P has nothing to do with crossplay, so I'm not sure what your reasoning is for wanting P2P if crossplay is disabled.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1671308#Comment_1671308

    If you're in the USA, your connection is going to be fairly poor compared to other countries'. Regardless, P2P has nothing to do with crossplay, so I'm not sure what your reasoning is for wanting P2P if crossplay is disabled.

    So, you believe if there were no servers, they’d be able to do crossplay?

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1671345#Comment_1671345

    So, you believe if there were no servers, they’d be able to do crossplay?

    I'm not that tech-savvy, but I don't see why consoles shouldn't be able to handle a P2P connection just like PCs can.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1671308#Comment_1671308

    If you're in the USA, your connection is going to be fairly poor compared to other countries'. Regardless, P2P has nothing to do with crossplay, so I'm not sure what your reasoning is for wanting P2P if crossplay is disabled.

    Really?

    I know I've got luxury here in Germany with the DBD server being right here in Frankfurt (the other is in London), but is it really that bad for you? What is your average ping? I get around 30-50ms and I dodge the lobby if it's over 100ms because of hit detection etc.

  • I live in central Europe, and very very rarely had problems on peer-to-peer. Vast majority of the people have a rock-solid connection. Only Russians were a problem for me (due to geographic distance), but I could dodge those lobies.

    On dedicated servers, its different, I have a 30-60ms connection, but hits feel so much worse. Usually when a Russian killer is involved.

    Simple solutions would be (A) Show the ping of the killer in the lobby and ingame, or (B) add more servers around the world.

    Solution A most likely cheaper, AND incredible easy to implement. I have no idea, why the developers havent done it by now.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1671345#Comment_1671345

    Really?

    I know I've got luxury here in Germany with the DBD server being right here in Frankfurt (the other is in London), but is it really that bad for you? What is your average ping? I get around 30-50ms and I dodge the lobby if it's over 100ms because of hit detection etc.

    I'm in Europe, I just know the USA's internet is quite poor because of my friends in the USA who always complain about low speeds when you ask them about their service.

    A quick Google search reveals that, according to Ookla, the average download speed in the USA in 2018 was slightly under 100 Mbps. In my country, you literally cannot get a slower download speed than 100 Mbps, barring places with poor infrastructure where you will likely suffer from a poor connection (although that's the same everywhere, including the USA).

    According to Speedtest.net they've since beefed up a bit, now sitting at a little under 160 Mbps, but that doesn't take into account the quality of the service (which, again, is something my friends complain about). I've upgraded to 500 Mbps download speed recently and pay less than they do for 200 Mbps (if my sources are to be believed). Hell, I could get 1 Gbps for a little more than what they pay for 200 Mbps, but I feel that's overkill.