So many keys in lobby!
I don't like using a mori because I think it's unfair and boring, so I lobby dodge when someone has a key instead. But lately I might be unlucky but I have to lobby dodge a lot to get a game. Is it the same for you guys? Why all the keys did I miss something?
Mostly I play survivor and no doubt there are lot's of moris now, but I know about the killing the obsession challange so this is not surprising. Playing survivor with all these moris is..not fun. Lobby dodge and even more waiting for killer games, not fun either.
Comments
Yeah I've seen much more keys lately as well. It's probably just bad luck.
Keys were on the list for future reworks. It could be players preemptively trying to make the most of what keys they do have before this item class gets changed. It could also just be a bunch of people running the Broken Key (which looks exactly the same as the less-likable keys) for some aura reading benefits.
It's a bit more of a guess, but there were also the "Hatch an Escape" and "Plan B" challenges back in Tome II for escaping through the Hatch (the former requiring the use of a key). With the Hatch offerings now in play, some people may be choosing to reattempt these challenges while they are arguably at their easiest. Possibly the same story for the "Where Did They Go?" achievement.
Or it could be for some completely separate reason from any of these. I dunno, I just wish more people would understand how negatively the keys are viewed by the community and stop bringing them into trials so often (same could obviously be said for mori's too, but I haven't been seeing a lot of those lately). I really dislike seeing keys in the lobby as both killer and survivor.
At least you CAN lobby dodge if you see a key.
This. I'd dodge a lobby filled with keys.
Reach out to them and ask if they want to farm for points and hatch?
Pretty sure 90% of xbox killers have a message from me saying if they are doing a tough challenge let me know. Always willing to help get those out of the way.
I've been seeing a lot more ever since those common offerings to influence the hatch's spawn area.
With the new hatch offering, keys have now become a strategy. Knowing where the hatch is makes it easier to plan on a hatch game.
Ah yes that makes sense.
Amusing watching survivors try to get the Broken Key holder to to open the hatch.