Do you report hackers in game or?

I just went up against a Spirit who was clearly hacking and I wasn't the only one to notice. She got 5 stacks of devour hope but we didn't even unhook enough times for her to get to 5 stacks. (one person even DCed) she probably had 3 stacks MAX but we got moried.

Her phasing made no sound while we were OUTSIDE her terror radius, but she blamed it on prayer beads but we were clearly OUTSIDE her terror radius so we should've been able to hear her phasing.

I reported her in game but I'm just wondering if that even does anything???

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Did she mori you guys like at the beginning? Like match starts and you guys have been insta moried? Because if she went through the trouble to hook someone I would take the guess that she wasn't hacking. I don't know about what hacks can and can't do but I haven't heard of anything that gives you more stacks than you're allowed.


    On her terror radius thing, there are perks that increase a killers terror radius, maybe she was running one of those and that increased her terror radius to the point where she was close enough to you to count you insde it. It could also just be a bug because if this person was able to give themselves stacks when they didn't deserve them and make their phasing sound silent, why wouldn't they also do things like teleport to you while not being in her walk? I don't know man, I think this might not be anything here.

  • @TangledNoodles said:

    I just went up against a Spirit who was clearly hacking and I wasn't the only one to notice. She got 5 stacks of devour hope but we didn't even unhook enough times for her to get to 5 stacks. (one person even DCed) she probably had 3 stacks MAX but we got moried.

    Her phasing made no sound while we were OUTSIDE her terror radius, but she blamed it on prayer beads but we were clearly OUTSIDE her terror radius so we should've been able to hear her phasing.

    I reported her in game but I'm just wondering if that even does anything???

    @not_Queen said:

    Please remember that Dead by Daylight’s end user license agreement which can be found on https://deadbydaylight.com/en/eula (the “EULA”) governs your participation and use of the game and its associated upgrades, patches, and updates and related services. In case of conflict between the EULA and this page, the EULA will prevail.

    Hello, good people of the fog!

    We now have a team Associate Community Managers, as well as an updated in-game report system.
    With your help, we will be able to find the players who are creating a bad game experience and punish them appropriately, making the game a better place.

    HOW TO REPORT A PLAYER

    You may only report things that happen directly to you or in a game that you were in.
    Reporting for other people is not allowed and these reports will be discarded.
    (ie. Reporting someone on behalf of a friend, streamer, or other)

    Fill the In-game report

    An In-game report MUST be made. This is not optional, and is a must to help us identify the person in your game as well as find any other evidence we need.

    Customer Support ticket?

    • Video evidence is required or heavily suggested for some offenses, please refer to the lists below.
    • Whilst you can report offenses directly to our support, please only do so for serious offenses like cheating, hacking, DOX/death threats.

    Discarded reports reasons

    THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT CONSIDERED BANNABLE OFFENSES - PLEASE DO NOT REPORT

    • Camping
    • Slugging
    • Tunneling
    • Streamsniping
    • Teabagging
    • Bodyblocking
    • Looping

    NOTE:
    We do not control anything that happens outside of Dead by Daylight.
    This includes private Steam messages/groups/names, PS4/XBOX messages, Discord messages, Twitch/social media interactions, etc. Anything that occurs on these platforms must be reported to the respective authorities.

    PERMANENT BANS

    List of bannable offenses

    Hacking in-game exclusives and / or legacy skins

    The acquiring of any in-game skin through anything other than official channels (ie. codes, giveaways, etc.)
    The possession of legacy skins without earning them. The cutoff to earn legacy skins happened on November 24, 2016. If a player has obtained legacy skins after this date, then it is considered cheating.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Cheated progress / modifying your save file

    We need the profile of the person you are reporting. Reportable via support team.
    Using any 3rd party software or other method to cheat your save file or any measure of progress contained within your save file. This includes using someone else’s save file.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Threats

    Excessive and serious threats against someone, including DOX threats, life threats, disclosing private information, etc.
    You can fill a support ticket to provide more information, Screenshots and video are optional, but highly recommended.
    Reminder: everything that happens out of the game should be reported to the appropriate platform. (ie: Twitch, Discord, Steam, Sony, Microsoft)
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Other Hacks

    In-game report under Unsportsmanlike is MANDATORY
    Using 3rd party software or other tools to gain any kind of unfair advantage that wasn’t intended by the game, except if they have been whitelisted by us. We are not banning for the use of communication apps.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    TEMPORARY BAN

    List of bannable offenses

    24h -> 48h -> 1w -> Permanent

    This is a sliding scale and determined on a case-by-case basis. If an offense is considered to be particularly egregious, the duration of the ban may skip one or more steps in this process.

    Any previous permanent bans on your record will result in all future offenses being a permanent ban.

    Harassment: Communications Abuse

    • Insults, intimidation, hateful speech, repeated harassment
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Griefing: Intentional Gameplay Abuse

    • Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates
    • Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience
    • Holding the game hostage
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Exploits: Abusing bugs or errors in design to gain a competitive advantage

    • Advertising exploits
    • Exploit bugs, errors in design, or undocumented features to gain access to what otherwise would not be available or to obtain a competitive advantage
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Specific exploits that we will ban for until they are resolved:

    • Bloodweb Progress/Prestige Exploit
    • 2+ Killer Exploits

    Unsportsmanlike Conduct

    • Botting
    • Lag switching
    • Disconnects (leaving the match before killed or sacrificed) - DO NOT REPORT
      For both Botting and Lag switching, in-game reports are REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    About Disconnects bans - DO NOT REPORT

    Disconnects are handled by the disconnection penalty system. No further action will be taken on reports.

    BAN APPEALS

    Cannot be appealed

    • Temporary bans
    • Social Media bans/blocks (Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
    • Unofficial Fan sites / Fan groups

    Forum bans: APPEALS

    Please check this link.
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/140-ban-appeals

    Permanent bans : APPEALS

    Send a Ticket to support.deadbydaylight.com
    If the ban is an automated EAC ban, please contact EAC directly. https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/game/contact/appeal/

    Console bans

    The rules are the same as the PC bans

    Crossplatform ban evasion

    Players who have violated our rules multiple times leading to permanent bans could get their access revoked on any accounts they make if the player is seen committing bannable offenses after the very first permanent ban. The structure and severity of these bans are followed throughout any platform.

    Abuse of Support Services

    This includes making false support tickets and lying to support agents. Our agents are always here to help the community. However, those making false tickets just to get a step ahead of everyone else and take advantage hinders our ability to better help everyone. Penalties include suspension of your support services, up to a permanent ban of your in-game account.

    @Ryuti said:

    Hello, people of the fog!

    When reporting a player, many offences require video evidence to help us investigate your report. Below is a list of bannable offences which may require video evidence:

    • Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates
    • Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience
    • Holding the game hostage
    • Botting
    • Lag switching
    • Exploit bugs, errors in design, or undocumented features to gain access to what otherwise would not be available or to obtain a competitive advantage

    HOW TO RECORD YOUR MATCH:

    XBOX:

    • Press the XBOX  button to open the guide.
    • Press the VIEW button, and then select "Record from now" . Depending on your clip's resolution, you can record anywhere from 10 minutes with internal storage and up to 1 hour with external storage.
    • To end the clip, open the guide and press the X button . You'll get a notification when it's been saved.

    PS4:

    • Press the "Share" Button on your controller to begin recording gameplay.
    • When you've recorded your match, save your clip, and trim as needed.
    • After that you can upload the video directly to your linked YouTube account.
    • Length, quality and etc. can be changed depending on your console settings for Video sharing

    PC:

    • For players using an NVIDIA graphics card, you can enable Shadowplay which will automatically record any gameplay while running in the background.
    • To use Shadowplay ensure you have the GeForce Experience program installed.
    • Open the in-game overlay settings found in the top right corner. From there, you can turn on "Instant Replay" and adjust settings such as clip length, quality, and audio levels.
    • Alternatively, you can use OBS to manually record the incidents.

    INFORMATION THAT WILL AID US IN REVIEWING CASES:

    Opening your escape menu and viewing the match details tab.

    This will allow us to see all of the Survivor characters in the match and usernames of who is playing them.

    Visiting the tally menu once a match has ended.

    This will allow us to examine player loadouts including perks, items and offerings.

    UPLOADING YOUR EVIDENCE

    Due to the small file size limit on ZenDesk, we suggest uploading your evidence to YouTube and "Unlisting" it. This will prevent anyone without the link from seeing it, and will allow you to upload without needing to compress the quality to meet the size limit.

    For XBOX players,

    • Open the Youtube App, and sign in.
    • Navigate to the Upload tab. You may need to turn on "Enable Sharing on Social Networks" for your clips to be visible.
    • Select your recorded match
    • Enter a title and then select upload.

    For PC players

    • If you wish to cut down your clip, you can do so in the editing software of your choice. Otherwise you can upload the raw footage straight to youtube by navigating to your shadowplay recording folder.

    Please keep in mind that even with video evidence, an in-game report is still required.

    Screenshots are not considered valid evidence.

    If the video sent does not follow our criteria or the quality of the video is low, it is possible that nothing will be done against the player reported.


  • @TangledNoodles said:

    I just went up against a Spirit who was clearly hacking and I wasn't the only one to notice. She got 5 stacks of devour hope but we didn't even unhook enough times for her to get to 5 stacks. (one person even DCed) she probably had 3 stacks MAX but we got moried.

    Her phasing made no sound while we were OUTSIDE her terror radius, but she blamed it on prayer beads but we were clearly OUTSIDE her terror radius so we should've been able to hear her phasing.

    I reported her in game but I'm just wondering if that even does anything???

    Just reporting someone ingame is not enough, as far as I know. They need video evidence. 

  • I tried to report hacking once, total waste of my time, they make you jump through many hoops just to get fobbed off in the end

    BVHR are just weak on hackers which is why hackers have been able to give them the run around so easily regarding DC penalties

  • @NotTheodore said:

    Did she mori you guys like at the beginning? Like match starts and you guys have been insta moried? Because if she went through the trouble to hook someone I would take the guess that she wasn't hacking. I don't know about what hacks can and can't do but I haven't heard of anything that gives you more stacks than you're allowed.

    On her terror radius thing, there are perks that increase a killers terror radius, maybe she was running one of those and that increased her terror radius to the point where she was close enough to you to count you insde it. It could also just be a bug because if this person was able to give themselves stacks when they didn't deserve them and make their phasing sound silent, why wouldn't they also do things like teleport to you while not being in her walk? I don't know man, I think this might not be anything here.

    @NotTheodore No she hooked us but we didn't even unhook 5 times (which is required for her to get 5 stacks of devour and mori) and I made sure I was NOT in her terror radius because it was my second game playing the same spirit so I tested it out.

    I made sure I was not in the terror radius and started working on a hex totem (she had thrill) I raised the volume and made sure to keep an ear out for the phasing sound... nothing. Then BOOM I got grabbed off the totem and moried we didn't know we were even exposed because the guy that went on the hook wasn't 1 shot. Even if he was, she's needed another stack or 2 to be able to mori.

  • @TangledNoodles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1662359#Comment_1662359

    @NotTheodore No she hooked us but we didn't even unhook 5 times (which is required for her to get 5 stacks of devour and mori) and I made sure I was NOT in her terror radius because it was my second game playing the same spirit so I tested it out.

    I made sure I was not in the terror radius and started working on a hex totem (she had thrill) I raised the volume and made sure to keep an ear out for the phasing sound... nothing. Then BOOM I got grabbed off the totem and moried we didn't know we were even exposed because the guy that went on the hook wasn't 1 shot. Even if he was, she's needed another stack or 2 to be able to mori.

    I don't know, why would someone go to such great trouble to hack extra tokens in when they could have (at least I would asume) stopped everyone from doing generators? Plus if she hooked everyone and everyone got unhooked then that would be 4 stacks. Even with one person dcing she still could have gotten that 5th stack.


    You played against this person twice right? Did you not think they were cheating the first time or did you think capturing evidence of thier cheating would be pointless?


    It kind of sounds like to me the game is just bugged like always coupled with things being so hetic that you possibly lost track of hooks.


    I'm not saying it can't happen, but if people are going to hack, they wouldn't care about pretending to get stack, they would just 4k and move on in my opinion.

  • @NotTheodore I typed a response but it didn't show up for some reason and I cba to write it up, long story short it didn't add up and i stayed the second match to make sure I wasn't dreaming stuff up.

    Idk how to record the game I never have and I stayed to check her perks and add ons and it wasn't just me who thought it was off.

    And yes I do believe there are people that hack and try to play it off as normal.

  • @TangledNoodles said:

    @NotTheodore I typed a response but it didn't show up for some reason and I cba to write it up, long story short it didn't add up and i stayed the second match to make sure I wasn't dreaming stuff up.

    Idk how to record the game I never have and I stayed to check her perks and add ons and it wasn't just me who thought it was off.

    And yes I do believe there are people that hack and try to play it off as normal.

    The same thing just happened to me with typing out something and it not posting basically what I said was we don't have enough evidence or proof to say this person was cheating. What toxicmyers posted is great information on how to record gameplay. I'm not calling you a liar, just saying we don't have any information and this could all be a misunderstanding on your part.

  • @NotTheodore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1662423#Comment_1662423

    The same thing just happened to me with typing out something and it not posting basically what I said was we don't have enough evidence or proof to say this person was cheating. What toxicmyers posted is great information on how to record gameplay. I'm not calling you a liar, just saying we don't have any information and this could all be a misunderstanding on your part.

    @NotTheodore I get that you have to show video evidence but am I supposed to record every game I play?

    Isn't there a way for devs to find out if there has been suspicious behavior?

    In the years I've played I haven't submitted a report for hacking so idk how it works or if it even does anything.

  • You can send a support ticket if you had encounters with someone you believe is cheating and breaking the game rules. Just keep in mind that an in-game report is mandatory. Any video evidence can be send to support here: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000942011

    You can find how to report on this page: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system

    When reporting a player via a support ticket video evidence is required or heavily suggested for some offenses and you can find how to record here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/66835/recording-evidence-for-your-player-report#latest

    @TangledNoodles You dont have to record every game you play. Just start the recording when stuff is fishy or if hacking is happening at that moment. Make sure that the cheating/hacking is caught on video when you do start recording during a match. Please check out the link about how to record for more info on Shadowplay if you are on PC.

  • @TangledNoodles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1662458#Comment_1662458

    @NotTheodore I get that you have to show video evidence but am I supposed to record every game I play?

    Isn't there a way for devs to find out if there has been suspicious behavior?

    In the years I've played I haven't submitted a report for hacking so idk how it works or if it even does anything.

    I've never encountered a hacker before, but I've had some bad experiences with Survivors and Killers teaming up, or people just trolling and trying to ruin your game, etc. So I decided to record every match I play :/ It's really not much of a problem, and if everything's okay at the end of the session you just delete the video :D

  • @NotTheodore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1662392#Comment_1662392

    I don't know, why would someone go to such great trouble to hack extra tokens in when they could have (at least I would asume) stopped everyone from doing generators? Plus if she hooked everyone and everyone got unhooked then that would be 4 stacks. Even with one person dcing she still could have gotten that 5th stack.

    You played against this person twice right? Did you not think they were cheating the first time or did you think capturing evidence of thier cheating would be pointless?

    It kind of sounds like to me the game is just bugged like always coupled with things being so hetic that you possibly lost track of hooks.

    I'm not saying it can't happen, but if people are going to hack, they wouldn't care about pretending to get stack, they would just 4k and move on in my opinion.

    @NotTheodore That is why I said I tested it out because I played against her before. Also I don't even know how to record the game so I didn't think of it.

    Another note, I do believe there are people that try to play normal but hack. I don't normally go around screaming that people hack I know how perks and add ons work I've been playing for years. I stayed the second match to make sure I was correct and even another person at the end game chat said the same things I said so clearly it wasn't just me.

  • @TangledNoodles said:

    @NotTheodore I typed a response but it didn't show up for some reason and I cba to write it up, long story short it didn't add up and i stayed the second match to make sure I wasn't dreaming stuff up.

    Idk how to record the game I never have and I stayed to check her perks and add ons and it wasn't just me who thought it was off.

    And yes I do believe there are people that hack and try to play it off as normal.

    Considering all the information, it just makes sense that something bugged within the game in regards to the phasing sounds and you might not have counted all the hooks.

    While I'm positive players hack and try to play normal, like I mentioned above already, all of the hackers I've interacted with and all of the hacker videos show them flaunting their abilities to hack.

    There are so many faster ways to hack and still play like normal and if they're hacking in such a way that they gave themselves more tokens they're jumping through a myriad of hoops for no reason at all.

    IF you had said they moried after downing all survivors before the first hook then you would have a solid case.

    IF you had video of this so we could judge for ourselves then maybe but since there are so many things about this that we don't know and since it's more than possible that she could have gotten 5 stacks of devour it doesn't seem likely that she was hacking even with you playing 2 games against her. Which by the way, is really difficult to do. Not impossible, but very difficult.

    Unless you're saying the game didn't bug out once (which is unlikely to all hell) then there's a possibility that this can be explained.

    Also, for future reference, what toxicmyers posted should help you in the future with capturing potential games with hackers on video.

    I'm not saying you're lying or anything like that, just we can't jump to conclusions with little to no information and even less evidence.

  • @NotTheodore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1662392#Comment_1662392

    I don't know, why would someone go to such great trouble to hack extra tokens in when they could have (at least I would asume) stopped everyone from doing generators? Plus if she hooked everyone and everyone got unhooked then that would be 4 stacks. Even with one person dcing she still could have gotten that 5th stack.

    You played against this person twice right? Did you not think they were cheating the first time or did you think capturing evidence of thier cheating would be pointless?

    It kind of sounds like to me the game is just bugged like always coupled with things being so hetic that you possibly lost track of hooks.

    I'm not saying it can't happen, but if people are going to hack, they wouldn't care about pretending to get stack, they would just 4k and move on in my opinion.

    @NotTheodore That is why I said I tested it out because I played against her before. Also I don't even know how to record the game so I didn't think of it.

    Another note, I do believe there are people that try to play normal but hack. I don't normally go around screaming that people hack I know how perks and add ons work I've been playing for years. I stayed the second match to make sure I was correct and even another person at the end game chat said the same things I said so clearly it wasn't just me.

  • @TangledNoodles said:

    @NotTheodore I typed a response but it didn't show up for some reason and I cba to write it up, long story short it didn't add up and i stayed the second match to make sure I wasn't dreaming stuff up.

    Idk how to record the game I never have and I stayed to check her perks and add ons and it wasn't just me who thought it was off.

    And yes I do believe there are people that hack and try to play it off as normal.

    Considering all the information, it just makes sense that something bugged within the game in regards to the phasing sounds and you might not have counted all the hooks.

    While I'm positive players hack and try to play normal, like I mentioned above already, all of the hackers I've interacted with and all of the hacker videos show them flaunting their abilities to hack.

    There are so many faster ways to hack and still play like normal and if they're hacking in such a way that they gave themselves more tokens they're jumping through a myriad of hoops for no reason at all.

    IF you had said they moried after downing all survivors before the first hook then you would have a solid case.

    IF you had video of this so we could judge for ourselves then maybe but since there are so many things about this that we don't know and since it's more than possible that she could have gotten 5 stacks of devour it doesn't seem likely that she was hacking even with you playing 2 games against her. Which by the way, is really difficult to do. Not impossible, but very difficult.

    Unless you're saying the game didn't bug out once (which is unlikely to all hell) then there's a possibility that this can be explained.

    Also, for future reference, what toxicmyers posted should help you in the future with capturing potential games with hackers on video.

    I'm not saying you're lying or anything like that, just we can't jump to conclusions with little to no information and even less evidence.

  • @NotTheodore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1662392#Comment_1662392

    I don't know, why would someone go to such great trouble to hack extra tokens in when they could have (at least I would asume) stopped everyone from doing generators? Plus if she hooked everyone and everyone got unhooked then that would be 4 stacks. Even with one person dcing she still could have gotten that 5th stack.

    You played against this person twice right? Did you not think they were cheating the first time or did you think capturing evidence of thier cheating would be pointless?

    It kind of sounds like to me the game is just bugged like always coupled with things being so hetic that you possibly lost track of hooks.

    I'm not saying it can't happen, but if people are going to hack, they wouldn't care about pretending to get stack, they would just 4k and move on in my opinion.

    @NotTheodore That is why I said I tested it out because I played against her before. Also I don't even know how to record the game so I didn't think of it.

    Another note, I do believe there are people that try to play normal but hack. I don't normally go around screaming that people hack I know how perks and add ons work I've been playing for years. I stayed the second match to make sure I was correct and even another person at the end game chat said the same things I said so clearly it wasn't just me.

  • @TangledNoodles said:

    @NotTheodore I typed a response but it didn't show up for some reason and I cba to write it up, long story short it didn't add up and i stayed the second match to make sure I wasn't dreaming stuff up.

    Idk how to record the game I never have and I stayed to check her perks and add ons and it wasn't just me who thought it was off.

    And yes I do believe there are people that hack and try to play it off as normal.

    Considering all the information, it just makes sense that something bugged within the game in regards to the phasing sounds and you might not have counted all the hooks.

    While I'm positive players hack and try to play normal, like I mentioned above already, all of the hackers I've interacted with and all of the hacker videos show them flaunting their abilities to hack.

    There are so many faster ways to hack and still play like normal and if they're hacking in such a way that they gave themselves more tokens they're jumping through a myriad of hoops for no reason at all.

    IF you had said they moried after downing all survivors before the first hook then you would have a solid case.

    IF you had video of this so we could judge for ourselves then maybe but since there are so many things about this that we don't know and since it's more than possible that she could have gotten 5 stacks of devour it doesn't seem likely that she was hacking even with you playing 2 games against her. Which by the way, is really difficult to do. Not impossible, but very difficult.

    Unless you're saying the game didn't bug out once (which is unlikely to all hell) then there's a possibility that this can be explained.

    Also, for future reference, what toxicmyers posted should help you in the future with capturing potential games with hackers on video.

    I'm not saying you're lying or anything like that, just we can't jump to conclusions with little to no information and even less evidence.

  • I don't. Im no snitch. Snitches get stitches. /s

  • If you don't start recording your games you can't do anything against hackers. BHVR needs video evidence to actually do something about it. I have reported and although it does take a while BHVR does ban players that are reported with the proper evidence. It is a bit of work but if it is clear as day that they are hacking I'd rather get them out of the game since they are ruining the fun.