So I've been testing Dead Hard

And it doesn't work 95% of the time? Why is it op again?

Comments

  • Define "doesn't work". Worked just fine for me when I used it.

  • The exhaustion appears but does nothing. Also got hit mid animation one time which is supposed to be impossible?

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    The exhaustion appears but does nothing. Also got hit mid animation one time which is supposed to be impossible?

    Maybe your timing is off because of the hit validation?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I noticed that sometimes if I lunge and just hold the attack, if the player finished their Deadhard before my lunge finishes, they still get hit.

    That's how it's supposed to work.

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    The exhaustion appears but does nothing. Also got hit mid animation one time which is supposed to be impossible?

    Happens to me too if i use it but thats because of the timing and latency.


    Also the exhaustion icon disappears some seconds later.

  • This slug perk is great. I'm on the ground all the time now.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I noticed that sometimes if I lunge and just hold the attack, if the player finished their Deadhard before my lunge finishes, they still get hit.

    Thats how its supposed to work tho

  • @Orion said:

    Define "doesn't work". Worked just fine for me when I used it.

    You get exausted in the ground

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    The exhaustion appears but does nothing. Also got hit mid animation one time which is supposed to be impossible?

    That's latency. You'll notice that the exhaustion disappears a few seconds after you get downed. When you press the dead hard button, you send a signal to the server. The killer also sends a signal when they go for a hit, which doesn't reach your screen until the server also sends that hit signal back to you. So while from your perspective the killer hasn't swung yet, from the server's perspective you've already been hit before you could use your dead hard.

    The exhaustion appearing is a visual bug caused by this. When you activate dead hard, your game assumes you're exhausted before the server tells it whether the dead hard worked, so it puts the exhaustion icon on the screen (even though according to the server you're not actually exhausted). Once your game realizes that your dead hard didn't activate, it removes the exhaustion icon.

    That system worked before dedicated servers since the signals went directly between you and the killer with no middle man. But now we use servers, they should update the exhaustion effect to only show up once your game gets the signal from the server that you actually got exhausted.

  • Use it for distance, now it works and it's OP.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Use it for distance, now it works and it's OP.

    Instructions unclear. I shortened the distance between myself and the ground.

  • @Orion said:

    Define "doesn't work". Worked just fine for me when I used it.

    I guess you're the only player in the world who beating latency and also don't get hit through pallets and windows.

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    And it doesn't work 95% of the time? Why is it op again?

    Don’t use it for avoiding a hit. Use it to extend a loop. The amount of times that I’ve been able to extend a loop by 2-5 mins just because I used a dead hard to make the pallet or window instead of going down.

  • Just used it again. Entire world stood still for a second while the killer slowly crept up to my ear. He whispered "Toooooooxic" and then hung me by my balls.

    I just wanna get my challenge done.

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    And it doesn't work 95% of the time? Why is it op again?

    @Tactless_Ninja

    It is broken because of latency. You should never have the exhaustion icon on your screen unless you actually saw your animation go through.

  • It's been like this since they added dedicated servers. Still the best exhaustion perk imo. But at least they changed it a few months ago so that exhausted status goes away as soon as you're downed if it didn't work.

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1657460#Comment_1657460

    Instructions unclear. I shortened the distance between myself and the ground.

    When you’re running to a window/pallet and the killer is a few metres behind and you can feel that at the current distance, and the rate at which hes gaining on you that you will be hit as you vault the window or drop the pallet then you press E to add a bit more distance between you and the killer and now you can safely make the window or pallet.

  • Good survivors will use Dead Hard to extend a loop not to dodge a hit.

  • @MrPeterPFL said:

    Good survivors will use Dead Hard to extend a loop not to dodge a hit.

    You don't have the luxury to do that everytime, c mon.

    Dead hard is a good perk but very unreliable.