What’s the point of cross progression

What is the point of cross progression if console isn’t included? The reason everyone wanted cross progression is to move from console to pc or vice versa but instead we get pc and stadia? Like what?

im sure the 3 people that actually play on stadia are truly gonna be affected by this apart from the hundreds and thousands that play on console.

unless console is involved, cross progression is worthless considering console is the reason everyone wanted it.

im confused on what behaviour expected, people to move from pc to a ######### stadia?

unless people are moving from Microsoft store to steam it’s literally useless. No one is gonna take advantage of it.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • i mean if it was out earlier i could have all my ps4 stuff on my pc which sucks ass because i had saved 3000 reappearance addons for spirit which are by far my favourite to use

  • Just a rough guess: others to follow?

  • Well i don't know how much this holds up today, but here...

    @PatBrutal said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5IMETH3CUWWB/crossfeatures.png

    As mentioned during the anniversary livestream, we are planning to add the Cross-Play feature into Deadby Daylight. As it is a topic widely discussed in the community, we are here to provide you with more clarity on our vision regarding Cross-Play / Cross-Friends and Cross Progression.

    Dead by Daylight is now available on multiple platforms and soon Stadia will join that line up. While a few years ago it was impossible to imagine that Cross-Play could be a thing in video games, it now seems a logical choice for us. Our aim has always been to make sure players can play together as a fully connected community, and today we are excited to share more about that plan.

    Cross-Play and Cross-Friends

    Ten months ago, we introduced Cross-Play on PC with the release of the game on the Windows Store. Cross-play was already on our minds even before this release and thus linking these two platforms together came naturally. Cross-Play went live a few days after the release of the Windows Store, greatly improving the players experience.

    But that was only the beginning, as the following two topics were listed as the most requested by the community:

    • Play with my friends from other platforms (Cross-Friends)
    • Cross-Progression

    In theory, Cross-friends, a feature to add players from a platform to another was a matter of production efforts. Cross-Friends is now live on Windows Store & Steam as a beta test and, so far, we are receiving amazing feedback.

    However, we wanted to make sure that the Cross-Play aspect of that feature would not impact the general players experience. We knew players would ask about Balancing, Matchmaking time, Network communications etc. We investigated our data, ran playtests, and gathered feedbacks and we are now confident moving forward with the release of Cross-Play on console.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3PTEWC9ICD4I/image.png

    Cross-Friends mockups

    Now that all lights are green, we are preparing the activation of Cross-Play and Cross-Friends on consoles. In this scenario, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players will be able to play together, and with people on PC. We are polishing the last details to make sure that it will only impact our game positively. As we are still monitoring the situation and numbers on PC, we cannot give you a specific date for now, but we can definitely say it is coming really soon! (like before the first snow, in Montreal (hopefully))

    Once Cross-Play is live on all platforms, we will carefully monitor the data to ensure the stability of the game. If it becomes unstable, we will disable cross-play to allow us to work on a fix. Player experience first!!

    Players will have the choice to opt-out of Cross-Play if they prefer.

    We have seen a lot of questions about potential Cross-Play with Dead by Daylight Mobile, for now, this is not part of our plan. The game system and architecture are significantly different. We are prioritizing the release of cross-play between PC & Consoles first to make sure that the experience is smooth for the players on those platforms.

    Cross Progression

    Allowing players to team up with their friends from other platforms was the first step to break barriers between platforms. We know that some of our players are active on several platforms, and Cross-Progression is also one of the top wishes from our community.

    We are thrilled to announce that we are preparing the first steps toward Cross-Progression and that it will be available for Steam, Google Stadia and Nintendo Switch in September! Players will be able to share their progression, purchases, and inventory on those 3 platforms – Exceptions might have to be made to accommodate for some external licensing needs.

    As of today, we cannot make Cross-Progression available on other platforms and we have no guarantee that it will happen. However, we know that this is a community wish, and we will keep trying to make it happen.

    How will Cross-Progression work?

    Merging several years of game progression of millions of players is a technical challenge that few games are trying to tackle.

    We spent lots of time preparing and discussing the best way to provide Cross-Progression to our players. We want to make sure the transition will be smooth and that we protect our player's progression.

    In order to achieve a good transition, we had to build a brand new ecosystem. Players will have to create a Behaviour Account to link their progression, so our server can merge it.

    All our efforts will be focused on monitoring account merging to ensure that players will not have any issue during that complex process.

    Thanks for reading! we are super excited to read your comments. Many people on the team are working hard to transform that vision into something that you will experience as soon as possible with your keyboard / controller. We hope this article gave your more clarification about the future of Dead by Daylight!

    See you in the Fog.

    ...they say...

    As of today, we cannot make Cross-Progression available on other platforms and we have no guarantee that it will happen. However, we know that this is a community wish, and we will keep trying to make it happen.

    The emphasis on "CANnot".

    I can't go into depth on this though, idk how cross-progression works behind the scenes.

    They probably thought: "So we can't do those yet, but we can do these now? Okay, do these now."

  • I would buy DbD for the switch instantly if PS4 was included.

  • @tylxr_jay said:

    What is the point of cross progression if console isn’t included? The reason everyone wanted cross progression is to move from console to pc or vice versa but instead we get pc and stadia? Like what?

    im sure the 3 people that actually play on stadia are truly gonna be affected by this apart from the hundreds and thousands that play on console.

    unless console is involved, cross progression is worthless considering console is the reason everyone wanted it.

    im confused on what behaviour expected, people to move from pc to a ######### stadia?

    unless people are moving from Microsoft store to steam it’s literally useless. No one is gonna take advantage of it.

    I have probably multiple hundreds of pounds worth of DLC and costmetics on my old console save and nearly 4 years of progress. Being told I'll probably never get it on PC is a kick in the teeth. I highly doubt Xbox refused, they've been getting more and more pro consumer lately (thanks to losing last gen most likely and trying to play catchup). Most likely PS did and they don't want to play favorites.

  • I would play a lot of DbD on Stadia if I could take my PS4 progress with it... (Well, and if it worked better on Stadia but they'll get that ironed out eventually)

    Cross progress between all the systems of play would be amazing. Own a PS4 but switching to XBox this generation? No problem. Going on a business trip, but can't take your PS4 with, play via Stadia on your phone.

  • I don't get it myself honestly. I remember seeing a post a while back where someone contacted Microsoft for the Xbox version asking about the Cross-Progression, and they literally responded with 'It's down to the developers because we're all for getting games accessiable to many platforms. It's basically a switch they press to activate it from their end'. So to me, it seems like they're just using this new Stadia thing since it went free on there to 'hype' the game and avoiding console and PC Cross-Progression until that hype is dead.

  • It's in a testing phase right now, they don't want to insta-release it for Switch since if there are any data bugs people would lose a lot of data, so they're doing tests with Stadia to make sure everything works well for the Switch release.

    PS4/Xbox probably might not make it into cross-progression for now.

  • Have patience, and ye shall be rewarded.

  • Since I don't I would love to know if there ARE any games with crossplatform progression?

    It would probably take a linking of steam/psn/xbox and other accounts and I don't know if this is possible or wanted by each platform.

  • @burt0r said:

    Since I don't I would love to know if there ARE any games with crossplatform progression?

    It would probably take a linking of steam/psn/xbox and other accounts and I don't know if this is possible or wanted by each platform.

    I think Fortnite has cross Progression


    BHVR will make special accounts where you can link your different platforms. I guess an external account is required for this to work. Problem is that when purchasable DLC is linked as well, platforms will miss out on those purchases..

    We know it’s currently not wanted by Sony and Microsoft for DbD, but we don’t have any official statements from them..

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1658498#Comment_1658498

    I think Fortnite has cross Progression

    BHVR will make special accounts where you can link your different platforms. I guess an external account is required for this to work. Problem is that when purchasable DLC is linked as well, platforms will miss out on those purchases..

    We know it’s currently not wanted by Sony and Microsoft for DbD, but we don’t have any official statements from them..

    Well i think that would be the sole exception then.

    Also doesn't fortnite have buyable skins? And what progress is there even in that game (Edit: Except their version of season pass)?

    I never played any battle royale except one round pubg and a few rounds battlefield firestorm.

  • Nah, switch players are definitely taking advantage of it. I know several players who are eager for cross platform progression to hurry tf up LOL

    I've been waiting MONTHS since the announcement for it to come out and I'm TIGHT that I have to wait even longer than I was originally under the impression of LOL

    I'd rather have all the possible data bugs worked out first, though, before my switch account accidentally gets wiped lmfao

    Even so, I'll still probably take screenshots of my progress on switch juuuust in case.


    Also, Sony historically has been difficult to work with when it comes to letting players have their accounts on other platforms. I remember how hard it seemed for Fortnite to get them to agree to even just crossplay for Fortnite on PS4. My boyfriend had to start a new account just to play Fortnite with me when I first got a switch before I ever had a PC. BHVR might be having difficulty getting a good agreement with them at this point, especially with new consoles coming out (that will almost certainly have much improved performance in DBD over their current consoles)

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1658642#Comment_1658642

    Well i think that would be the sole exception then.

    Also doesn't fortnite have buyable skins? And what progress is there even in that game (Edit: Except their version of season pass)?

    I never played any battle royale except one round pubg and a few rounds battlefield firestorm.

    Fortnite doesn't have the same sort of progress that DBD has as far as "devotion" levels, characters levels and whatnot, but there constantly is a battle pass going on and your XP levels for that season always matter when you play so that you can level up to the next part of the battle pass. Plus, Fortnite overall has a ton more "stuff" than DBD to carry over on different platforms on a single account. I'm not sure how often people switch around on what platform they play the game on, though- I went from Switch to PC as soon as I was able to and never once looked back.

  • Stadia? So I learned a new word/thing today. Cool!

  • @DBD78 said:

    Stadia? So I learned a new word/thing today. Cool!

    Stadia is a game streaming platform. You don't need a powerful setup but good internet connection to play the games they provide. The games run on their server but the gameplay gets streamed to you.

  • I would love to see cross progression between console and pc. I started playing on PS4 since that is where my friends play. I also bought the game for pc. If only I could have my PS4 progression on my PC, then I could play with my friends, get to use keyboard and mouse, and still have all my progression.

    If Behavior cannot add cross progression between pc and console, I think mouse and keyboard support for console versions of the game would be nice idea instead.

  • Pretty sure this has to do with the interaction with purchases and the store. Think Epic vs Apple. This is 100% a guess, but crossplay would allow you to circumvent the PS and Xbox stores by buying on PC and getting items on console. I have tons of hours in PS and would love this to happen, but I'm doubtful it will work out.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    I don't get it myself honestly. I remember seeing a post a while back where someone contacted Microsoft for the Xbox version asking about the Cross-Progression, and they literally responded with 'It's down to the developers because we're all for getting games accessiable to many platforms. It's basically a switch they press to activate it from their end'. So to me, it seems like they're just using this new Stadia thing since it went free on there to 'hype' the game and avoiding console and PC Cross-Progression until that hype is dead.

    That was me!

  • till sony join this useless to me and I do have this game on steam but I play more on ps4