Nurse and Spirit (without addon)
Hello everybody,
It's done, I have mastered Nurse and Spirit!
Nurse, I was on Yamaoka against a SWF team. I patrolled between the generators and found the perfect candidate to train! He was gifted, a very good looper! At one point I had a kind of understanding, I read his thoughts, I anticipated, I thought exactly like him! Without knowing where he was I was teleporting on him. I managed to put him down, the others came around me and there was general carnage... I touched everyone without even knowing where I was going, I was going fast. I slugged the looper, I knocked down 2 other survivors very quickly and waited for the last one. He managed to heal the two others and they made the last generator, they came back and I started to teleport myself by not missing any shot, NO, it lasted a long time but I let everyone out to celebrate and they were very respectful that means they found me strong in antiloop!
Spirit, last night on LAB I had a SWF team. They were loopers... very good loopers but very toxic! Its power is quite fun in the sense that you can appear in the opposite direction, they usually don't expect it. At each phase it was a carnage, I could predict 9/10 of the time the displacement as with the nurse. Same situation as the nurse but more difficult! Unfortunately when the power recharges it's a big waste of time, but the power is so much fun, I imagine the survivors jumpscare and I really like it! I killed everyone (unintentionally).
1 : I don't master the defense of the generators I'm almost useless, because I'm always afraid I won't find a survivor if I leave the hock, so I camp but I don't tunnel
2: I'm stuck between Nurse and Spirit, can someone give me the positive and negative of the two characters, so that I can form a definitive opinion? Tips and tricks are welcome too!
Thank you so much all and have a good day ! π€
Comments
I think spirit is incredibly fun and I happen to be very skilled with her too.
Nurse I used to be really good at but I have barely played her lately so idk.
The nurses only weaknesses would be here base movement speed being 5% slower than survivors (just about) and her recharge time (kinda).
The spirit's weakness is her 110% movement speed. I would say the sound for her is very hard to get used to especially against survivors with iron will. But this is not a weakness; rather an obstacle to learn to play around.
The only tips I have for nurse is to remember your ABB (From Bricky the youtuber) "always be blinking" to refine your skills with her blink, and never really use addons until you completely understand her power. The second tip is to use one blink to close distance on the survivors and the second to secure a hit (very effective).
Base stats: 95% movement speed (most likely; confirm this for yourself)
Base max range with first blink: 20 meters + 8 meters per chain blink (the chain blink is not that great anymore)
Base fatigue: + .5 seconds of fatigue every chain blink used (not really important to know anymore)
For spirit I know quite a few things, unless you are about to down a survivor NEVER use the full duration of your power. This way you can constantly be phasing keeping the survivors confused. Learn the little speed boost from your post-phase you retain for half a second (.5) seconds at default after you stop phasing. During the post-phase speed burst, your lunge is increased a little bit. The addons that increase the duration of your post-phase speed boost (but more importantly the lunge) include the "Wakizashi Saya" and "Katana Tsuba".
Wakizashi Saya - .3 second increase in post-phase reappearance time (the speed boost duration after coming out of phase)
Katana Tsuba - .2 second increase in post-phase reappearance time
Playstyle tips:
That is about it. A good addon setup (and my personal favorite) is the Wakizashi Saya bloody hair brooch. Shorter channel time is GREAT and so is the lunge from the burst addon. It is insanely good on her.
Build for the spirit:
Corrupt intervention, BBQ and chili, sloppy butcher, and PGTW are fantastic on her. (Yes, stridor would be great. However it is very confusing and I personally don't use it at all and do just fine.)
I believe the strongest addon combo is my personal favorite, the wakizashi saya and bloody hair brooch. With the shorter channel time and longer burst out of phasing, you can use your power constantly for mobility by using only half to be very sporadic.
Try it out and tell me what you think. I hope this helps.
I think it has potential but I'm afraid of a future nerve, so I'll focus on the Nurse first, it has already been nerve.
In fact I'm falling in love with the Nurse again because she doesn't care about loops, or obstacles. For basic speed I know what you're talking about and you're right, but after understanding its power I've learned to stay close to the survivors, in fact it's all about power. Her power is used to catch, patrol, and break loops... I understand why she got nervous, it's really powerful!
You give me tips for the Spirit, I would like to give you some too... well, at least it's just a technique, I'm very bad at generators and management, but now i can use his power.
Phase 1
1: getting closer
2 : to prepare oneself has anticipated, behind a wall, guess where the survivor will go, calculate his speed of movement, his methods, and his style
3: teleport (brain, during teleportation, left then right, in a straight line, vice versa)
4: and touch
Phase 2
1: get closer (very close)
2 : teleport very quickly to the left right, or right left but do not hit, you have to make him believe that you are useless.
3: reteleport in a straight line and hit
Phase 3
1: getting closer
2: Teleport 1 time to the survivor and maintain pressure to a pallet or window.
3 : Strike or grab
Note : you must touch, the first or second time, if after three times you haven't touched anyone it's because you're going too fast...
When the survivor is ashore you must show that you have mastered your teleportation, others must fear you. When you are far from the slug survivor, teleporting right on top of him, it impresses because they didn't come for him right away, even after NOED exploded (I talk my last game). You really have to show that you are calm, when slugging, move your character calmly at slow speed and turn your head as slowly as possible. Calculate the number of survivors around you, calculate the Paintball effect during the teleportation. By force, it becomes a faculty and you put in the mile unintentionally sometimes. The advantage of the Nurse is that she doesn't care about obstacles, and floors too.
You're right, addons are great but without them it's better (at the beginning).
Thank you for you tips Nurse and Spirit !π€
you're welcome, also I am not sure how much would change if she was nerfed. Not otzdarva had a stream where he proposed that every second while you are phasing, the survivor could see a glimpse of where you are at. But then again, a nerf for the spirit is probably not going to happen for a while so I would continue to enjoy the spirit without worrying about a nerf.
They want the grass to move... I don't understand, because because of this nerve it could break the Spirit's surprise effect, its power doesn't last long and doesn't recharge quickly, it's slow too... it could become totally predictable and therefore end up in the wrong killers. I really hope they will stop the nerves !π€
"it could become totally predictable"
compared to now where its a cointoss?
Length doesnt really matter. If you're using more than 50% of Spirits gauge in one go you're playing her wrong. And by god does it recharge fast for how strong it is. People just want more feedback. Guessing isnt fun when only one side has to guess. I love playing Spirit which might make me a hypocrite. But I actively stop playing DBD for the day if I get her more than twice in a row as a solo player.
Ironically it would become more skill based if it had, for example, Freddys old passive phasing. You'd have to actually try with your "mindgames".
And because freddy's old phasing was so good, while he could hear/see survivors, it was completely changed. *clap*
Well you know always depends on the people so even when you have a really good game, there are survivors out there that will be able to ######### on you when you play nurse as they know how to play against it.
Advice:
Understand that nurse has limited mobility, punish survivors where you can. There are several ways to create pressure as nurse. Try to learn how to flick, do not just mindlessly aim for the blink. Aim down and you will actually be able to see more of your screen, flick up at the target, the moment you let go. I recommend to watch bruscles_ he is a very kind streamer who explains alot and deserves more views, check him out. Yeah he knows what he talks about 33k blink attacks, barely plays with addons.
I guess you know the usual stuff, you can charge your 2nd blink while you are blinking for more distance but be careful good survivors can hear that and might double back. There is a "rule" where as people tell you well nurse always reacts e.g. corner you blink to it and do not predict survivor movement due to loss of line of sight but sometimes it is the right choice and i think you already understand that part.
Try to know where deadzones are on maps so you are careful to avoid those, good survivors can bait you into failing blinks at them. That is it from the top of my head.
If you learned the timing you could get a pallet drop and be on the side the survivor was for a free hit and pallet waste. Old freddy was pretty basic but there was some great plays you could pull off with it.
He wasnt changed because of the phasing he was changed because
A. Killers hated not really having a power and
B. Survivors hated the slowdown and aura reading.
Absolutely!
Earlier, I played a game, I won, I got all 4 and it was super fast. To teleport and shoot at the same time it's already done, I also manage the distance, I anticipate, and I brainstorm almost all the time they were like confused... I've met some great loopeur, they know 50% of the time I was teleporting, except that after a while I tried something...
I turn my head, as if I was interested in someone else, and all of a sudden I turn around and teleport to the loofer, he takes the blows. When I see them and they're hiding I pretend I didn't understand anything and suddenly I teleport myself sharply onto them, and when he loops me I teleport myself into a corner and I wait and teleport myself back to where he was and it works? I tried a lot of things and I could understand how to counter the SWF at the loop, except for the generators it has to be faster... the map of the wheat fields is way too big !
I'm going to watch the streamer you're talking about, thanks to you, thanks to everybody !π€
spirit:
postives - incredibly strong, no mechanical skill, based on fundamental game knowledge, 500 hours max to master
negatives - being called a tryhard for playing spirit by a swf with OoO and two keys
nurse:
positives: unbeatable once mastered, very rewarding to play, respect among players for playing the toughest killer to learn
negatives - extremely hard to master around 1000+ hours to learn, very buggy
Thank you,π€
Exactly, the Spirit has a surprise effect out of the ordinary that's why I like it, survivors can't looper it without risk.
The Nurse on the other hand requires a lot of Brain, because it is loop with the ranks 1 survivors. After 10 games savouring my victory, victory after victory I met a SWF...π
Part 1 : well, the team was a draw, without this survivor (Zarina rank 1). I down Dwight, normal, thinking to let them out after a few BP, no more. I want to take Dwight and then Zarina comes with a lamp... I was chasing this rank 1 and suddenly I lost him, with each chase it was as if he had disappeared... The vegetation in the Coldwind farm map (I don't like it very much) was a horror, I didn't know where to go to get him and the worst thing is that even with Stridor I couldn't hear his moans... more hunting music, horrible ! They all got out thanks to him. I count on my NOED...... All totems destroyeds !
Part 2 : I saw them again later, his toxic behavior in the previous part made me lose my temper and I took a Mori. The game begins, Dwight sees me and certainly recognized me ... I look for him but I find Dwight, I hang on to him and wait for the stall, I Mori Dwight. The Crotus Prenn map is big, it was far too difficult to protect the generators. Bingo, I find Zarina, I put it down and hang it up, I go to look at the generators and in the meantime he gets unhooked. I go back to him for the Mori, but there... last generator activated, Zarina and I start a hunt, he is wounded, I'm sure to get him... In fact no, because he disappeared like Spirit, impossible to follow the scratches, impossible to have a clue! 1 kill, no totem, no NOED !
Part 3 : Bamm, the same team ! I take addons, I arm myself with courage and I fight ! I find Claudette, Dwight, Ace, and finally Zarina ! I hunt Zarina but as always NINJA mode. I hunt Dwight, hock. I hunt Claudette, hock. I hunt Ace, hock. I hunt Claudette again, kill. I hunt Dwight, down. I hunt Zarina, after long minutes, DOWN! Victory -> Hock -> Camp -> KILL ! Dwight and Ace didn't come, they left by the door, but I got Zarina.
In the end lobby I saw a scroll, I guess my totems disappeared that way!
I don't know Zarina's build but it was nothing from NINJA so why didn't I hear her voice with Stridor????
Ps: Strangely after this experience I win, but to be honest I'm afraid of the first ranks!π
Iβd say th mother daughter ring and the amulet are her best addons (donβt use the amulet without the ring)
Oh I am aware of those addons lol, I just like the bloody hair brooch and wakizashi saya more.