Survivors DC like no tomorrow

Honestly this is just ridiculous. Survivors DCing all day:

  • get hit first --> DC
  • get put in basement with Bubba (not camping) --> DC
  • not getting a chance for DS because Pyramid Head --> DC
  • Realizing the killer is Spirit --> DC

Over the past 3 days I played like 50 matches or so and in 39 AT LEAST 1 survivor DCed.

There needs to be some better punishment in my opinion

Tagged: Mod

Comments


  • @Acromio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649818#Comment_1649818

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    Stop comparing moris and keys. They're not equals. As a survivor, you could just Blendette-in-a-bush your way through the entire match and still get a free escape at the end if you have a key. A mori at least requires the killer to do something.

    They are equivalent (ebony is at least and ivory if they decide to tunnel off first hook) - your statement doesn't change that. Both lessen the effort of either side to reach their goal - get kills or escape. Survivors need to complete enough gens for the hatch to even appear (also survive long enough to make use of it), killers need to get first hooks. If a survivor just did a 'blendette' the whole game then guess what, the killer had an easy 3v1 game.

  • @Deadeye said:

    Confirmed. But I can also add that this month I had a pretty nice streak of just rare tunneling attempts or something like that. The last 5 days it is more like 80% of the games being PURE and obvious tunneling and camping, including mori off the hook.

    Much exaggeration here.

  • I played a few games today as survivor. 1st game was against a Huntress with instant down hatchets. After the first survivor was hit with one, two survivors DC.

    2nd game was against Ghostface. Stalked and downed a survivor while on a Gen, DC instantly.

    Last game was against Billy. Within the first minute a survivor got hit with a chainsaw, instant DC.

    What was a common factor? All were CONSOLE players. I am done solo queuing with Crossplay from now on. It has been happening more ever since Crossplay.

    I will trade queue times for playing with babies.

  • @Unicorn said:

    Getting Mori’d off the first hook is not fair, nor fun. Until they make the requirements to kill a Survivor with Mori a tad bit more difficult I don’t see DC’ing stopping. Also, Keys are not fun to go again yes, but those at least require some work on the Survivors end. They actually have to do gens to get hatch to appear (unless of course people DC/they are the last Survivor)

    And as a killer you still have to chase and down survivors.


    As a survivor you COULD hide the whole game and then just leave.


    Also these things doesnt justify DCing.

  • Not really. I take stats atm about hooking order of survivors. The first 50 games were brilliantly fine, the last week was horrible, ruining the stats

  • @BabyDweetMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1652495#Comment_1652495

    I didn't ask for anyones approval. You're just assuming I did for whatever reason. Ive been playing for 4 years, I don't need anyone's approval.

    So it's okay to slug for a 4k but I can't kill myself voluntarily? I'm giving the killer his kill, but I'm not wasting any time with it. There is no skill required in slugging for a 4k thus it shouldn't be respected. If you're going to slug me and make me bleed out without having any intention to pick me up either for a 4k or for using me as bait, I will dc. I'm not having my time wasted and I'm not being used to help you get easy kills. I don't respect people like that.

    Did I say I expect people to play by some made up rules. No. I didn't, so stop with the forum coin terms. I am taking myself out of the game, that isn't making anyone play by my rules. If anything, you seem to be the only one wanting to force people to play with your play style.

    I never experience players dc'ing in my matches when I'm killer. I don't tunnel. I don't slug. I don't camp. I play in a way that is fun for not only myself but others as well. Everyone in the match including myself gets a ton of bloodpoints and almost always pips. I usually get 4ks but I will every other match get a 3k cause a survivor got to the hatch before me. I'm constantly getting better because I don't rely on scummy unfun tactics that only rank 20s should be using. If you can only get a 4k by slugging, I simply don't respect you enough to give you the easy 4k. I'll accept a defeat when I get outplayed or even if I make a mistake. But not if you do cheap nooby plays that literally have 0 counterplay.

    Oh my god man, pat yourself on the back much, your whole post is trying to justify your DC, it's kinda sad.

    If only we all played so benevolently, you raise us up to a better standard by being so awesome. Check your bullshit and come back to earth with the rest of us.

    "I simply do not respect you enough to give you the easy 4K" That's gotta be one of the most pretentious loads of crap I ever read on the forums. I see this is a lost cause your ego is so big its clouded your judgement.

    All I see here is a guy who gets pissy when he's slugged and DC's out because of it. Do that if you like, but don't pretend its anything else but a rage quit. Sorry to waste your valuable time. Just wow.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1652608#Comment_1652608

    Oh my god man, pat yourself on the back much, your whole post is trying to justify your DC, it's kinda sad.

    If only we all played so benevolently, you raise us up to a better standard by being so awesome. Check your bullshit and come back to earth with the rest of us.

    "I simply do not respect you enough to give you the easy 4K" That's gotta be one of the most pretentious loads of crap I ever read on the forums. I see this is a lost cause your ego is so big its clouded your judgement.

    All I see here is a guy who gets pissy when he's slugged and DC's out because of it. Do that if you like, but don't pretend its anything else but a rage quit. Sorry to waste your valuable time. Just wow.

    Lol youre so mad. You're the only one upset here kiddo. Imagine thinking my ego is the problem when I don't lay on a ground for 3 minutes straight. You're clearly offender cause you use these scummy tactics and are mad that some people don't let you get your easy 4ks. Cry about it and move on like everyone else :)

  • @theplaggg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1652693#Comment_1652693

    I think you don't get the point. You are NOT supposed to leave no matter what. You consider slugging toxic? Ok but there are people who do not view it like that. It is part of the game. DCing however is not intended to be used and exploited to gain any advantage which is why there should harsh punishments for leavers. If you don't like, then maybe another game might be a better option for you.

    Also using a good played like Tofu does not make your argument valid in any kind of way. He is good and does not slug. Does that mean I'm not allowed to slug? No. Does it mean slugging is "toxic"? No. It only shows that really good players do not need it and nothing more.

    Sadly not everyone does amazing as him or you every match and I'm sure you would not like the idea of 9 out of 10 matches being 4ks.

    Btw a killer's objective is to kill the survivors and slugging is a legimate strategy to reach that goal. That means they are playing the game and not wasting time even if it appears to be that way to you.

    It's clear he doesn't get the point, I tried and failed and now he's just defensive and falling back on tired insults.

  • I think you missed the point again. I was mocking you for what you had written (unecessary but hey its the internet). Reread some of it, objectively.

    The DC isn't about ego, as stated its about abusing a mechanic to end the game early because you get upset at the idea of being slugged and bleeding out. The "waste of your time" as you put it. Nothing to do with ego.

    The ego comes from your posts since that, I especially like the one where you talk about how no-one DC's in your games basically because of how awesome you are when you play. Do you see why I mocked this one its almost Trump like in its delusion.

    Lets recap your points so far...

    • That I was going to cry about how frustrating killer is, but nope
    • Pulled out the entitled to kills trope which I never said
    • Stated how killer mains don't understand survivor frustration at being slugged, a classic
    • Given an example about Huntress to try and justify your point, as a reply to more than my post, hence my searching for forum validation comment
    • Made the point that you paid for the DC with bloodpoints which is kind of like saying I paid to speed with my speeding ticket, its just silly.
    • Stated that your intention is to deny a 4 kill by DC because you are annoyed
    • Stated that you don't have any ruleset to play by but go on to call slugging etc nooby, scummy play that you will DC when it happens also anyone who defends those tactics "is a joke" (your words), sounds like you have an idea of how the game should be played
    • You keep saying you were "evening the playing field" with your DC when you were really just quitting because you didn't want to wait (another attempt to justify yourself)
    • Wrote a paragraph about how you never get DC's because you play in a way that is fun for all
    • Stated your belief that I am an offender of these tactics that you don't approve of, another assumption and how's that rulebook coming along?
    • Stated your belief that I get mad and cry when I don't get a 4k, another assumption.
    • You've also stated a few times how many years you have been playing the game for, which is probably an attempt to generate some percieved authority on the matter but I can't make an assessment from that alone

    Can you see how someone reading that would think "boy there is some ego here."

    You are either making assumptions about me to support your view, humans do that in the absence of facts its a psychological defence mechanism we all do it, you're assuming my emotional state too by saying I'm upset but I'm purely objective in my assessment, free of emotion, responding solely to the points you've made. Yet again all of these points still fail to come back to the original statement.

    "DC'ing for the hatch is abusing a mechanic to end the game early and could be considered scummy". None of what you have said has countered this point that I first made.

    You've made some perjorative assumptions about me to undermine my point but this is basically a 'strawman' method of argument. Tried hard to justify your behaviour with examples and then went on to talk about how long you've been playing and how great you are at the game. Again none of this is counter to the point. I'm not sure what your goal was.

    Anyway I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it (unecessary passive aggression but hey its the internet). If you don't read it no biggie, it doesn't matter either way.

  • is the same for both sides tbh. but yes survivors are worse, probably because they are way more aswell.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653242#Comment_1653242

    I think you missed the point again. I was mocking you for what you had written (unecessary but hey its the internet). Reread some of it, objectively.

    The DC isn't about ego, as stated its about abusing a mechanic to end the game early because you get upset at the idea of being slugged and bleeding out. The "waste of your time" as you put it. Nothing to do with ego.

    The ego comes from your posts since that, I especially like the one where you talk about how no-one DC's in your games basically because of how awesome you are when you play. Do you see why I mocked this one its almost Trump like in its delusion.

    Lets recap your points so far...

    • That I was going to cry about how frustrating killer is, but nope
    • Pulled out the entitled to kills trope which I never said
    • Stated how killer mains don't understand survivor frustration at being slugged, a classic
    • Given an example about Huntress to try and justify your point, as a reply to more than my post, hence my searching for forum validation comment
    • Made the point that you paid for the DC with bloodpoints which is kind of like saying I paid to speed with my speeding ticket, its just silly.
    • Stated that your intention is to deny a 4 kill by DC because you are annoyed
    • Stated that you don't have any ruleset to play by but go on to call slugging etc nooby, scummy play that you will DC when it happens also anyone who defends those tactics "is a joke" (your words), sounds like you have an idea of how the game should be played
    • You keep saying you were "evening the playing field" with your DC when you were really just quitting because you didn't want to wait (another attempt to justify yourself)
    • Wrote a paragraph about how you never get DC's because you play in a way that is fun for all
    • Stated your belief that I am an offender of these tactics that you don't approve of, another assumption and how's that rulebook coming along?
    • Stated your belief that I get mad and cry when I don't get a 4k, another assumption.
    • You've also stated a few times how many years you have been playing the game for, which is probably an attempt to generate some percieved authority on the matter but I can't make an assessment from that alone

    Can you see how someone reading that would think "boy there is some ego here."

    You are either making assumptions about me to support your view, humans do that in the absence of facts its a psychological defence mechanism we all do it, you're assuming my emotional state too by saying I'm upset but I'm purely objective in my assessment, free of emotion, responding solely to the points you've made. Yet again all of these points still fail to come back to the original statement.

    "DC'ing for the hatch is abusing a mechanic to end the game early and could be considered scummy". None of what you have said has countered this point that I first made.

    You've made some perjorative assumptions about me to undermine my point but this is basically a 'strawman' method of argument. Tried hard to justify your behaviour with examples and then went on to talk about how long you've been playing and how great you are at the game. Again none of this is counter to the point. I'm not sure what your goal was.

    Anyway I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it (unecessary passive aggression but hey its the internet). If you don't read it no biggie, it doesn't matter either way.

    well let me go get the popcorn

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649832#Comment_1649832

    Everybody compares Mori’s to Keys every time its brought up. Have you been living under a rock?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/1GX5Q888RN8B/09ad55ad-6f22-4d28-a3cb-cc7b4295fcdc.jpeg

    Also, don’t know if you play Survivor but its impossible for a Blendette to hide in a bush the entire game, crows exist. Either way, a Killer has to have a 3K for that Blendette to even have a chance at hatch, which is a W for me as Killer, don’t know about you. A mori requires the Killer to tunnel off hook, press R2/RT/M1 and remove a whole Survivor out of match. Thats not even close to genwork, especially if you’re playing against Survivors who potato/are bad at looping.

    The crows do not appear if you're moving around and doing stuff (Hell, until recently EMOTING prevented crows from appearing. I saw super-sweat "Pro/Tournament" players literally spam emotes to prevent crows) meaning you can indeed hide all game.


    In fact, a common issue I've heard of is when it gets to 2 survivors left, they both simply go immersed and ignore generators completely in hopes the killer gives up and DC's.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649818#Comment_1649818

    And as a killer you still have to chase and down survivors.

    As a survivor you COULD hide the whole game and then just leave.

    Also these things doesnt justify DCing.

    But the survivor that is ONLY hiding barely would earn any blood points and is not fun. The survivor is also hindering the team and could get that persons whole team killed.

    If the survivor does get out by doing nothing then, a 3k is fine. That survivor could’ve helped the team survive but chose not to and could’ve have other survivors live. And the killer most likely double pipped or single pipped which is still a win.

  • lol I think we are at the end credits but by all means... extra butter.

  • I want to remind everyone that DCing, like any other unsportsmanlike conduct, is against the game rules, so please avoid encouraging or advocating for it.

    That said, due to the amount of posts advocating for DCing or attacking other people for different opinions, I decided to close the thread.

1 2 ›