Pig On Console
Idk why, but Pigs on console tend to camp and tunnel more than any other Killer on console.. why? I'm curious. I feel like Pig is meant to make the game a little longer but I may be wrong.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yeah I have killers who play as pig who do this sometimes. It does not happen all the time because I barely see her. What system do you play on?
The more frustrating it is to play killer, the more killers start camping.
I am not surprised that with console framerate and controller aim a lot of killers camp.
tunneling just means using your brain when playing btw
they can't from my understanding because of the no terror radius
Its bad enough when you miss an easy hit because the game jumps, but over time it is just depressing when those games the survivors think they are soooo good.
Today i had a wraith whiff even with bloodlust the entire chase, he eventually quit chasing me. Its not always bad skill.
Odd on PS4 it seems to be Hag that camps the most. I really don't understand why the killer with the best map pressure is camping, even more so when they are also using Devour Hope.
Funny story, I was getting annoying playing and slow killers (Huntress/Hag) and wanted to play a normal killer so I picked Pig. Sitting in a lobby and my friend shows up I didn't even realize he was online. I invite him to a party and play it like I'm already in a game and we should join up after. Just gonna say this was a very fun game, he got so mad because I trolled him a few times. I put a trap on him and he's all like "Ha F U #########, I got the trap off on my first try" so I went and put another on him xD
I feel like most Pigs on Xbox either hard camp or hard tunnel. If you get a Pig that does neither it's a really fun game though.
My personal experience with pig has always been one of amusement and terror. One minute you are minding your own business as a survivor on a gen. (must be a micheal, or pig) Turn away for a second to check another point of access, and then slowly pan camera back.....and there she is......staring daggers at you from a crouch position 10 feet away. (Heart skips a beat or two as you fly off that gen so fast.)
Also,
Playing the jaws theme song in your head as you slowly get closer to your prey. Seeing them on the gen, and just waiting for them to wig the mess out. Trying to get as close as you can without moving too much(Weeping angel style.) And then the amount of explosive reaction as the survivor jumps all over the place is priceless.
aside from that....I don't see a reason to camp with the pig a whole lot. Place trap on head, decide to hook this one or not, patrol for viable subjects in the grand experiment. Two deaths later, and one on the hook. Last guy has a trap on his head....let him free. (And then watch his reaction, and record feedback from the experiment.)
Who ever said science wasn't fun?
Try playing her without great perks from other killers.
She's more fun to play (IMO) than the other killers, but a mid-rank killer is not an easy life choice.
I play Amanda fairly often. Got matched recently against some survivors who were way above my poor Pig's ability. Did an ok job, didn't camp, didn't tunnel, and really didn't mind losing. They beat me, fair and square. But what do I get at the end? 10 mins of survivors holding the game hostage. Have this happen often enough, and the temptation to start treating survivors like ######### becomes overwhelming.
Anyway, I'm mostly just posting to say that I'm surprised that you find Pigs camp more than others. I'm on PS4, and tend to find Myers and Huntress players to be pretty bad for camping. Though as a Huntress killer, I can totally understand why they end up resorting to it.
(Not a killer main btw. I'm 50/50)
Though, with my Meg cap on, a well-played Pig is a terrifying thing to go against. So some of you Piggies have definitely got your act together. Teach me.
Well said.
Hopefully, you'll run into me one day with my Pig face on, and I can restore your faith in Piggies.
Huntress is a tough gig, man. I know. And I don't think a little "patrolling" is the end of the world with her - she's slow enough etc. that survivors still rescue people with a bit of skill. But I find too many survivors think "Aha, a Huntress! She's easy, let's all descend upon the hook". Then followed by "Y U NO LEAVE HOOK!?!"
A camping Freddy on the other hand... time to reevaluate your character selection. Thankfully, they seem a little rarer.
As a PS4 killer main 90/10 (I only play survivor for daily challenges or for the bonus 300 XP so I can get shards a little quicker) I don’t ever set out to camp or tunnel. I will camp the hook under certain situations and once again I will only tunnel under certain situations. For me it isn’t very fun at all to camp (even under the situational times, but sometimes that is the only option the killer truly has) and as for the tunneling even without running BBQ it just doesn’t feel very rewarding. I’d much rather have a game where I’ve hit every survivor multiple times and hooked them all at least once and have them all escape rather than tunneling one poor survivor for a sacrifice only to have the other 3 escape. I truly do set out to make the match the most fun for myself and my survivors by constantly applying pressure to each and every one of them. I will even run all the way across the map to go after the one & only survivor that is working on a generator and allow the rescue of the survivor that I just hooked. I truly don’t care about the win…..It’s all about the fun and I think I do a pretty good job at.
I’ve only played piggy 3 times (just started playing during the PS+ era). My first two were absolutely horrible, but my third I ended up RBT’ing all 4 survivors at one point or another and ended up methodically hooking and sacrificing 3 of the 4. That game was while I was an online LV 12 or 13 running a LV1 Piggy with Hangman’s Trick. I’m currently gathering up 1 million blood points to level my piggy from lv 1 to 40ish so I can see if I want to main Piggy are stay Trapper or who knows maybe I’ll do both. I will say that the Piggy’s ability to crouch and remove their terror radius does invite a camping mentality to those killers who don’t yet understand that you get more Blood Points and enjoyment by leaving the hook and going after someone else.
What console do you play?
Console experience is a lot more frustrating for all killers due to controler aim and low fps, ofc they camp
I'll camp if a survivor is not being fair to the others, Ex, Ratting them out, watching them die on hook, body blocking windows, etc.
Yeah, some survivors are like that sadly.
Blame the players not the console.