About Trails of Torment

So, still no Oblivious status effect instead of Undetectable? It seems like no one received the feedback from Orion about a change once we were informed why it functions the way it does.

i.e.

@Orion said:

Hello. I'm the forum user/player who asked the question about why Trail of Torment reveals the generator that was kicked (kudos to the mods for simplifying the question, BTW, I was worried it might be misunderstood).

Below is a comment I made in a suggestion thread from another user, pasted here so the two suggestions are separate.

I get the idea that survivors should probably be made aware that the killer is roaming while Undetectable, but there's a very simple way to make it work with this idea in mind: instead of making the killer Undetectable, have all survivors become Oblivious and remove the generator aura.

It's the same idea, survivors still become aware that the killer could come from anywhere at any moment, but now they know that they won't hear the terror radius or see the red stain.

And anyway, survivors are always inclined to stop generators from regressing unless they are strategically trying to prevent Pop from coming into play. So, the change doesn't add anything to gameplay and instead introduces yet another unfulfilling Catch-22 for survivors doing generator repairs in situations with Pop.

I'm all for a Catch-22 when the killer has lured the survivors into making the first stupid decision that leads them into destruction, but I'm firmly against it when applied to the survivor's only* method of making the game progress.

*yes, keys exist, ik

Edit #2: I'm not convinced what the balance team is doing is for the best with regards to most decisions being made about perks right now.

Comments

  • This is gonna be straight up busted on the 1 shot killers. I am addicted to tinkerer on Leatherface because if Leatherface gets within a ~16m range of you it's one of the most dangerous situations there is within DBD. Spine chill is about to be even more meta than it already is.

  • why would oblivious be better? you can see the red stain when you are oblivious.

    And because of the change, if you are working on a gen and see the yellow generator you either: go to that gen to counter the perk- not working on gens/slowdown or you ignore it and the killer is oblivious.

  • @ThGameIsHardButSoAmI said:

    why would oblivious be better? you can see the red stain when you are oblivious.

    And because of the change, if you are working on a gen and see the yellow generator you either: go to that gen to counter the perk- not working on gens/slowdown or you ignore it and the killer is oblivious.

    unless you were saying it's too strong in that case nevermind my argument

  • @ThGameIsHardButSoAmI said:

    why would oblivious be better? you can see the red stain when you are oblivious.

    And because of the change, if you are working on a gen and see the yellow generator you either: go to that gen to counter the perk- not working on gens/slowdown or you ignore it and the killer is oblivious.

    If Oblivious was applied to survivors instead of Undetectable to killers, then we wouldn't need the gen to turn yellow (see the stream about the perk's design). I'm sure there's a thread here talking about how showing the generator's aura is stupid.

    And then I'm saying, why keep on forcing survivors to rush generators by giving them more and more reasons to stop gens regressing? Additionally, why have you made the perk so that now a Nurse can teleport across the map, kick a generator, and have Undetectable while injuring all the survivors before (and this is on certain maps) the survivors can even reach the generator.

    Design-wise, updates should not continually be adding things to force survivors to drop what they're doing to run across the map and do an action like tap a generator. This isn't Among Us. Once-in-a-while things like the implementation of Devour Hope is fine, but with things that can be repeated innumerably over the course of the match (Trails of Torment), that breeds annoyance and shows how uncreative your capabilities for adding new things are.

    Things like making all pallets require a setting up animation before use would be an action not required to progress the game but would be one beneficial in scenarios that do come up frequently. That's the kind of design we need not whatever the devs are doing to ToT.

    --

    Kind_Lemon 

    An advocate of place-able totems, a priming-pallet interaction, and the removal of Exposed from tier 1 Devour Hope.

    Also supports changes to how many survivors need to be present to start repairs on a generator.

    #revertNurseaddons #reverttieroneDevour #reverttieroneBL #nofreechaseresources #placeabletotems #revertBillysounds #workwiththemusicyouhave

  • I honestly dont know about this perk it gives you a undetectable status effect until a survivor touches the gen. Also it works like surv which means you gain info if a survivor is on the gen there is no down side to this perk.

    Which I'm kinda scared of like if sombody plays oni with pop, trails, infections fright, and tinkerer.

  • @KingOfBadRNG said:

    I honestly dont know about this perk it gives you a undetectable status effect until a survivor touches the gen. Also it works like surv which means you gain info if a survivor is on the gen there is no down side to this perk.

    Which I'm kinda scared of like if sombody plays oni with pop, trails, infections fright, and tinkerer.

    true; it's like a one-gen surveillance. I'd forgotten about that implication.

  • I forsee it getting nerfed to when the survivor taps the gen or when you hit a survivor, rather than the dying state.

  • @KingOfBadRNG said:

    I honestly dont know about this perk it gives you a undetectable status effect until a survivor touches the gen. Also it works like surv which means you gain info if a survivor is on the gen there is no down side to this perk.

    Which I'm kinda scared of like if sombody plays oni with pop, trails, infections fright, and tinkerer.

    For those who haven’t tried it, Undetectable/oblivious is terrible on Oni because his footsteps are louder than Demo’s and he’s literally a red beacon when zooming.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643692#Comment_1643692

    For those who haven’t tried it, Undetectable/oblivious is terrible on Oni because his footsteps are louder than Demo’s and he’s literally a red beacon when zooming.

    true. However, it still can get him within a very close distance if he's not using Undetectable for anything but getting within 20 meters of a survivor.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    I forsee it getting nerfed to when the survivor taps the gen or when you hit a survivor, rather than the dying state.

    probably

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    I forsee it getting nerfed to when the survivor taps the gen or when you hit a survivor, rather than the dying state.

    lmao.png


  • Not that these killers really need the help but imagine it muted Freddy and The Huntress’s lullaby..

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    I forsee it getting nerfed to when the survivor taps the gen or when you hit a survivor, rather than the dying state.

    You literally called it haha.

    Cancels on survivor hit now instead of down.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1644692#Comment_1644692

    You literally called it haha.

    Cancels on survivor hit now instead of down.

    Yeah there was no way they were letting the original version through.

    My next prediction is that Ruin/Undying gets nerfed to dust.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1659603#Comment_1659603

    Yeah there was no way they were letting the original version through.

    My next prediction is that Ruin/Undying gets nerfed to dust.

    I think they'll leave Ruin but yeah they're gonna gut Undying for sure. First time we actually got a decent perk in a while too.

  • Honestly i think it will be a pretty fun perk now.

    Undetectable is a pretty powerfull, but more importantly fun status.

    And it combo's nicely with pop, dragon's grip. blindness.

    Not Meta defining but powerfull enough to play with and have fun with. And those are the best perks tbh

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1659680#Comment_1659680

    I think they'll leave Ruin but yeah they're gonna gut Undying for sure. First time we actually got a decent perk in a while too.

    They will, because Survivors cannot stop bitching about it because it sakes up the 'full crutch combo' loadouts to run a anti-totem perk; OR forces them to have to use generator repair time to find totems, or cut into the time they use to loop and troll the killer for their blood points. It's just expecting too much for the majority of Survivors to adapt to a new playstyle involving totem breaking and watching their backs while doing so.

  • I wonder if they got the idea for the rework from me. Would be pretty cool if they did.

  • Blindness status effect will stop survivors to see which gen was kicked?

  • @VicThor said:

    Blindness status effect will stop survivors to see which gen was kicked?

    blindness would do that, yes

  • I...I don't know why I hadn't thought of this. I love Third Seal. This would be something to fear on maps with copious walls...

    I still am not a fan of ToT's design tho.