Is there a Halloween Event?
Hello,
Will there be a Halloween event soon? Because the devs have not said anything about it yet. What do you think?
Hello,
Will there be a Halloween event soon? Because the devs have not said anything about it yet. What do you think?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Nothing has been confirmed yet. It would be neat though.
A new map a theme halloween will be amazing (ik im dreaming)
Hope so! Would be neat if they got something going with the new Halloween movie coming out.
Interesting they mentioned a licensed character may get new cosmetics (hopefully I heard that right)... a few months before Halloween.
Michael probably would be the easiest licensed player to add new cosmetics into.
I honestly hope that will add cosmetics for Laurie and Micheal.
Plus I'd like them to re work Sole Survivor and Dying Light
Well given that Dead by Daylight is a horror game they'd be remiss to not bring back the old Halloween menu and music.
As @Peanits mentionned, nothing has been announced.
But I am curious, what would you like to see in a DbD Halloween event?
I think it's safe to say the community would love either _another _ Bloodhunt or perhaps a Halloween themed variant of the mystery boxes, sort of like what happened during the Christmas event.
Claudett as an archer or ranger type with a hood but without a bow.
An orange fox mask for huntress
a Halloween Lobby and special Halloween items. Like last year: D
For things I’m not expecting but would be a dream come true: 1.) new cosmetics for Laurie and Michael 2.) new haddonfield map 3.) new stalking game mode (ever since yesterday’s stream so exciting to hear about new game modes coming at some point.
What would be interesting is some jump scares.. like when you open a locker or chest a ghost jumps out to scare you and disappears.... Or when you pop a gen it makes a different halloween noise... Weird stuff
@TheBean Fun idea!
F for the QA that would need to test this
Comes a Halloween Event?
I loved the Halloween themed items of last year. And it wouldn't be bad if there would be a Halloween themed collection/cosmetics coming in the shop.
Besides that either Halloween themed objectives like the winter event or if it's manageabele to do because I'm coming from TF2 changed Halloween themed playmodes. Even if it's just another Howling Grounds/Scorching Summer BBQ like.
@ItzSoulz Nothing has been announced about a halloween event.
A horror game without a Halloween event would be like a family trip to the Zoo where they don't abandon you at the monkey exhibit.
It just wouldn't happen.
Decorations and the music would be great. I love t he events like the BBQ and the chinese new year. Something like that would be awesome, and to be fair I think it's the best opportunity for a new event. Halloween would be the best time for a game horror themed. Although if nothing is in the works I guess that means there isn't enough time.
Similar to past events, in that each invite offering used spawns an extra event hook or gen (2 gens and 2 hooks spawn by default). The twist..
Killers and survivors have to collect candy for some kind of reward (spooky cosmetics). Killers collect it from completed event gens (2 candies each gen) and survivors collect it after being hooked on an event hook (1 candy each hook, same hook can get a new candy each time). At the end of the trial killers also get 1 candy for each kill and all survivors get 1 candy for each gen, event or not, done before they died.
So both killers and survivors are rewarded for completing their objectives and when the other side completes theirs. This makes it so every game counts, even if you get no kills or no escapes. You can cap the amount of candies possible per game, or just adjust the amount required for the reward.
This would mean less event hook sabotaging or gen camping.
Acquiring a candy also gets you the BP bonus if you played the special Halloween invite. If you cap the candies each side can get during a trial, when they reach that cap they receive another BP bonus.
Dwight needs a Shirt that says "cheap ass halloween costume."
I would imagine with it being halfway in September, there isn't much time to prepare for something by October. So I'll keep my suggestions simple.
How about giving all the crows glowing red eyes to start? Should be a simple texture swap?
A return of last years spoopy flashlights and medkits would also be cool - the assets are still there.
One of these years I'd love to see you guys all out. With this game's horror motif, Halloween is a natural fit for this game. But I could be biased, it's my most favorite holiday of the year.
Well I know it would be difficult because of him being a license AND a DLC but I think it would be cool, because of the new movie coming out, to have an event that maybe revolves around Michael Myers in some way.
Some Halloween cosmetics would be nice
I know it won't happen, but a halloween event where we could unlock old Myers and old Laurie for each side....
a graveyard map would be cool as a perma map
different mausoleums to hide in or headstones to hide behind. would be fun
Graveyard with holes and crypts would cool.
Thanks for all the ideas guys!
Lots of interesting stuff!
Silly stuff as a temp costume I would be good with but that seems like a lot of work for the team. I wonder if they could have maybe a "holiday pack" in the store you buy special outfits worn only during events this way they get more than 1 use. Maybe $10 or something. Any temporary costumes(halloween, santa hats, event themed costumes) would be part of this package. $10 for Survivors $10 for Killers maybe a deal if you buy both.
Yeah just spit-balling the idea.
Halloween costumes for sure for the Original Four along with a haunted mansion style map in a new realm.
Dwight - Ghost
Meg - Red Devil
Jake - Lumberjack
Claudette - Hippie
Just a couple ideas off the top of my head, I think the Devil for Meg would be amazing since she makes most killers lives hell haha.
>Halloween Bags with candy one can throw to stun the killer (maybe get them in chests)
>Moon in a blood orange color or like a carved pumpkin/ghost or a witch on a broom silhouette
>Pieces of candy or candy wrappers on the ground
>"Take One" sign on an empty candy bowl
>Random child sized masks that have been "dropped" in the street or sidewalk (would be neat if they were DBD character masks)
>A blow up decoration in front of a home like a giant ghost
>Gen flashing light indicators in orange or purple
>Bubbling green goo in black cauldron
>Cobwebs on chests that "creek eerily" when opened
>Totems that glow in purple, green or orange when there is a Hex
>Trick or Treat sign with hours: "Trick or Treating 5pm to 8pm"
>Black cat crossing the road or "playing" with a spider
>Melted wax candles or candelabras
>Cornfield maze sign: "Cornfield Maze Open 6pm to 9pm"
>Glowing eyes in trees (glowing maybe red, green, orange or purple)
>Bat's that fly out of tall abandon windows or attics
>Tombstone decorations (maybe have Laurie's family that Michael killed)
>Gens when finished pop candy out the top or when the light turns on it changes to another color like purple or orange
>Discarded trick or treat bags
>Special hooks decorated with Halloween styled streamers and every special hook gives BP to killer
I hope this list gets the halloween juices flowing 🎃 Again, these are just ideas 👻
Edit(s): ideas, words, grammar
This one sounded really neat to me, and I was thinking about how something like that could work. I think I've got something in mind that could make for a fun 'event mode' of sorts (like the event generators/hooks of past events).
Ten Jack-o-lanterns appear randomly around the map.
It would encourage you to go around in mad dash searching for Jack-o-lanterns in order to power generators quicker for a short period of time, but the killer is also smashing them as they patrols generators. After the killer smashes them, the game slows down a little (but not too much to make it boring).