Speculation on Mid Chapter. Now go!
What do you reckon?
I’m doubtful of any further killer reworks, but it would be great if the mysterious “we’re not done with Clown yet” comment meant for additional tweaks this mid chapter.
Do you think more graphical updates for other realms will be ready?
Perk changes/reworks?
Comments
I too have a weakspot for clown - he´s a staple in my roster so I´d love seeing some tweaks to buff him.
I hope they´ll have the updates for the MacMillan realm ready. I expect a Killer update too. But which one?
Could be either Trapper, Clown, Myers or Huntress. They are due for changes.
Oh and I really hope they nerf Object so hard that the MoM nerf would seem like a slight adjustment in comparison. Fingers crossed!
There's definitely more map reworks coming, they already released some concept art teasers for MacMillian Estate that look pretty sweet. 😄 Whether they'll be in the mid-chapter release though I have no idea.
The Clown rework seems more likely for a mid-chapter release. The Billy/Bubba reworks were likewise a mid-chapter release and full chapters normally focus more on new characters than revamped old ones. And Clown is the only killer they've explicitly mentioned is getting a decent size rework, although they did indicate they're reviewing others.
Beyond that, maybe they'll have the new matchmaking system up and running again by then? That doesn't need a client side patch though so it might just go live "when it's ready". And maybe some stuff to do with crossplay and cross-progression. (They're probably also prioritizing patching up the exploit that is keeping them from turning back on the DC penalties. But if that is something they can do on the back end without a client side patch then it wouldn't have to be in a mid-chapter release.)
Sort of hope Clown gets something other than making his chases stronger (good clowns are ending chases just fine - it's the traversing the map and gen pressure that is usually an issue). Maybe he gets an addons rework with a pink addon that gives him (and survivors so it's just completely different gameplay addon)a few seconds of a large movement speed boost where we have "Cracked up Clown" running around after survivors who are trying to suck in the turbo gas too.
If we're not trying to make the fat clown into a mobile killer (I guess we have a few of those already) then maybe add a lasting delirium effect on his afterpiece tonics so survivors get hit Hag's Disfigured ear's Deafened status (To my knowledge only this and firecrackers give the effect?) that lasts for 60 seconds after sucking in some gas... make skill checks happen more often and harder to hit (to bear with Unnerving Pressence and Overcharge). Also wouldn't be opposed to his afterpiece having a better effect if he directly lands his shot (more than just obscuring their vision slightly more) maybe applying aura blindness by default as a small bonus outside of just bloodpoints.
I think the only thing OoO to make it more fair is either the killer can reveal that survivors aura by looking in their direction (I.e. OoO cannot hide their own aura without Distortion, Off The Record, or SS).
Or the killer should be able to hide their own aura (besides undetectable) by simply looking away from the OoO.
Basically my opinion is the perk conditions should be EXACTLY the same for both the survivor and the killer.
My wishlist (as a killer):
I think Clown reloading at full movement speed would be bad/too strong. There needs to be a feedback loop that teaches players to be economical with bottles, otherwise wasting bottles and reloading mid chase will allow the survivor to gain distance. What you’re suggesting would mean Clown could just spam away without any real punishment for it because he can still stay right on the butts of survivors while reloading mid chase. Not very balanced at all.
The reload time is still quite significant, and as it stands is one of the reasons why Clown is widely regarded as the nadir of killers.
And yes, from your name I can tell that you are a clown main.
imagine if myers gets the bubba treatment, all you finna hear for the next week is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqVyois9mp4
I don't think Chucky is realistic, as the property is currently a mess continuity/copyright wise.
Pennywise would be an instabuy for me, as would Pinhead.
I don't care like bug fix tho.
I think we'll see one new map rework. MacMillian.
We'll get two killers slightly reworked. My guess is Myers and I couldn't even begin to guess who the other is.
Cross-Progression will be added for Switch/Stadia/Steam.
From what BHVR have said, it's likely Clown. They seem to think that Pig is completely fine and that it's simply a matter of nobody 'playing her right'. Reminds me of Monk Tanks in the Legion beta in that regard.
The 5 second reload is only a problem to players that waste bottles mid chase. Reloading mid chase shouldn’t be done, except at loops in an attempt to mind game the survivor.
I'd prefer jacket from hotline miami. Would be cool to have a killer who was technically the "good" guy from his franchise, and the perk ideas would be amazing.
Basically this.
The only reason I hate the reload is because you're just sitting there for a long time at 40% speed after you hook someone or while standing over a downed person - stirring away. It's supposedly balanced like Huntresses locker mechanic but his power has a lower ceiling of potential without being able to crossmap people for downs and pressure so it just ends up feeling like unnecessary fatigue on a so-so killer (not really sure how to fix his reload but would rather just see more stuff to his kit as a whole).
The Estate rework is the main thing I know of but I believe they said they were reworking or looking at a bunch of perks recently. Although admittedly I'd wish they'd gloss over a few killers and even survivors perks for much needed buffs.
There's my list of compromise changes or things likely to never happen but I want anyway because it would be cool.
Bug Fixes, hopefully.
Clown And PH get number changes
Bubba new skin Pls
Maybe a Mcmillan graphics update? If we're lucky.
I'm expecting some small changes to clown, a rework for Myers, small buffs to pig or a nerf to huntress.
This is what i'm expecting:
Why would they change any means necessary? That perk is in a pretty good spot right now.
It was listed as one of the perks they would be looking at in a QnA a while back along with Vigil, Slippery Meat, Cruel Limits, This Is Not Happening, and Technician.
I agree any means necessary is fine atm, but I wouldn’t doubt the devs would want to buff it in some way because it’s usage rate is extremely low.