Weird common phenomenon when playing soloq.

So I exclusively soloq when playing survivor and I'm a solid 4 rank (it's the rank I'm 90% of the time at) and I'm pretty proud of it as I'm not a super good survivor.

So whenever I start to approach the next rank (3 duh) I consistently get paired with green and yellow rank survivor Vs usually a rank 1 killer. The games end pretty fast and they keep coming until I drop to rank 5 and get near rank 6.

And this is where it gets weird as when I get close to dropping another rank I suddenly get godly survivors in my team and low rank killers until I securely get back to rank 4 which is when the cycle starts again.

Does this happen to anyone else or am I just insanely lucky/unlucky? It's been going on for a year now and it's consistent enough to be an obvious cycle.

Comments

  • I play solo and hit rank 3 once. I too bounce between 4 and 6. Although since reset i haven't been able to get past 8 so i guess i just suck lol

  • @csandman1977 said:

    I play solo and hit rank 3 once. I too bounce between 4 and 6. Although since reset i haven't been able to get past 8 so i guess i just suck lol

    I was once stuck at rank 7 after reset. Took a couple of days off and boom back to rank 4. It's so weird. The only time I got higher was during MMR when I reached rank 1 which immediately dropped back to rank 4 after it was turned off (no way I was rank 1 material, totally boosted by MMR).

  • @shelobster said:

    So I exclusively soloq when playing survivor and I'm a solid 4 rank (it's the rank I'm 90% of the time at) and I'm pretty proud of it as I'm not a super good survivor.

    So whenever I start to approach the next rank (3 duh) I consistently get paired with green and yellow rank survivor Vs usually a rank 1 killer. The games end pretty fast and they keep coming until I drop to rank 5 and get near rank 6.

    And this is where it gets weird as when I get close to dropping another rank I suddenly get godly survivors in my team and low rank killers until I securely get back to rank 4 which is when the cycle starts again.

    Does this happen to anyone else or am I just insanely lucky/unlucky? It's been going on for a year now and it's consistent enough to be an obvious cycle.

    This has always happened to me and I dont know why. Its weird.

  • Can’t say I’ve ever noticed anything like this. I go to rank 5 after reset and then climb until I hit rank 1, then bounce between 1 and 2 until the next reset. I’m very rarely paired with any survivors or killers below red rank or the occasional purple, it does happen sometimes but it’s rare.

  • I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's so weird because of the low rank survivors/killers you get paired with. Like what are the odds that all three other survivors are yellow-green and paired with you against a killer that's way out of everyone's league consistently just to force your rank to drop? And they just keep coming if you get safety pips. You'll get them until you drop a rank.

  • Your not wrong.. but it just may be that it's working as intended.. keeps you in a zone that your skill level belongs. 4 is your current high end so you should have a challenge there... Maybe instead of giving you just killers you can outplay to pip, it will give you just worse teammates to even out the overall skill level being brought to the table.. same when your on catch-up from your low end rank but reversed. All just conjecture of course, but this fluctuation happens to me as well.

  • @aylawell said:

    Your not wrong.. but it just may be that it's working as intended.. keeps you in a zone that your skill level belongs. 4 is your current high end so you should have a challenge there... Maybe instead of giving you just killers you can outplay to pip, it will give you just worse teammates to even out the overall skill level being brought to the table.. same when your on catch-up from your low end rank but reversed. All just conjecture of course, but this fluctuation happens to me as well.

    Yeah I've actually wondered several times if it's a way to keep you in your "skill level" so that the matchmaking sort of works like MMR was supposed to.

  • ranking messed up.

  • @shelobster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640813#Comment_1640813

    I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's so weird because of the low rank survivors/killers you get paired with. Like what are the odds that all three other survivors are yellow-green and paired with you against a killer that's way out of everyone's league consistently just to force your rank to drop? And they just keep coming if you get safety pips. You'll get them until you drop a rank.

    And that is why I'm a killer main now lol