For the first year I had the game, I could only play killer, because survivor made me anxious. Recently, I switched to mostly playing survivor. It turns out that, now that I understand what's going on, how the maps are laid out, what the normal game flow is, etc, survivor is a much more relaxed and peaceful way to play.
As someone who can say theyve played both sides enough, Its definitely killer. A single killer fuckup can cost a gen, sometimes two. A single survivor ######### up costs 1 health state usually, and then theres 3 hook states, and (while I dont use them) theres the exhaustion perks that can give one more chance.
After 2000 hours I don't think playing killer is that stressful anymore.
On the other hand playing survivor gets worse with every update. You are more and more reliant on your teammates and because matchmaking and ranking system suck, teammates are getting worse every month.
If nothing changes soon, solo survivor can become way more stressful than playing killer.
After playing killer for ~1k hours I rarely get stressed playing. Solo Queue on the other hand is a nightmare, since relying on randoms will almost never turn out fine. I do understand the frustrations of playing killer though.
It's insane how much impact one killer mistake can have on the match.
You slightly misjudge one swing, they get to a strong vault, you get looped for an extra 15 seconds, and now everyone, including the person you are chasing is healed and out the exit gates because not ending chase earlier allowed their team to pop Adrenaline.
I voted both but have since changed my opinion to killer. As survivor you can twist and turn, hide, run or vault to avoid your killer. Now it's not so great to be on the receiving end of that. You can come so close to hitting a survivor and then they just turn around and run directly at you and you're shocked so you swing but you've missed and next thing you know the exit gates are open and you've been utterly defeated.
As a killer is stressful when you're using someone you're not used or being bullied, being reliant to survivor mistakes is something that doesn't make a better experience, is not chess, it's a game where you're the brutal, merciless killer for God's sake.
As a survivor being reliant in your so-called teammates or sabotaged by them is stressful as well. Being camped or tunneled when you are the first survivor it's stressful as well, I mean, you did nothing in the entire match, what's the point to be there? I can understand under certain circumstances like three people attempting a rescue but please.
Solo survivor's annoying, don't get me wrong. Being left to die on first hook even when you have kindred sucks.
But as survivor, you have downtime. Sometimes you get full minute+ scenarios where you're doing nothing but holding a button and occasionally pushing another button to hit skill checks. Or maybe you're chilling on hook for 40-50 seconds before someone comes to save you.
As killer, your downtime basically translates into passively losing the game. If you're not in a chase or pressuring the map, you're losing. So there is no moment to chill, you know?
Even if you pressure the map/chase if they are a coordinated group you will be outplayed as well.
Solo survivor is stressful because it can feel like your teammates are working with the killer instead of each other. Killer stressful if you're up against good team with weak killer.
Survivor can be stressful, especially with a crappy team, but compared to the Killer they have downtime. Killers do not have any downtime and if they do, they have already lost.
Both have their own stresses. Killers it is more prominent, in that you always have to be going 100% all the time, where as in survivor you have to worry about if people will actually help you and limited resource management within items.
I'm terrible at killer, but I find it more stressful at times to be survivor. Depending what type of group you get, the comments afterwards base on your play style can be extremely toxic. It is great to come across kind killers and kind survivors. :0)
Playing as Survivor you just chill and hold m1 for like 80% of the match, and you have so much leeway to recover from mistakes its not even funny.
Playing as Killer on the other hand you need to constantly juggle a dozen different things at a time, essentially be in multiple places at once, and even a minor screw-up can cost you the game.
It really depends. If im playing as a killer i dont play much against high rank survivors then i get more stressed. But if im a survivor it depends on which killer it is,if they have a mori,if they tunnel/camp,and if my fellow survivors just randomly dc after being hit once.
Playing as Survivor you just chill and hold m1 for like 80% of the match, and you have so much leeway to recover from mistakes its not even funny.
Playing as Killer on the other hand you need to constantly juggle a dozen different things at a time, essentially be in multiple places at once, and even a minor screw-up can cost you the game.
I mean if a survivor dcs at the start of the match it is harder for other survivors. If theres 4 gens left,1 dc,and 1 hooked your kinda ######### especially if your newer to the game.
I mean if a survivor dcs at the start of the match it is harder for other survivors. If theres 4 gens left,1 dc,and 1 hooked your kinda ######### especially if your newer to the game.
That's an irregularity, not a part of normal gameplay. People arent supposed to DC, and it should be more heavily punished.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
when playing survivor and you make a mistake you've made 25% of your team's mistakes as killer it is always 100%
For the first year I had the game, I could only play killer, because survivor made me anxious. Recently, I switched to mostly playing survivor. It turns out that, now that I understand what's going on, how the maps are laid out, what the normal game flow is, etc, survivor is a much more relaxed and peaceful way to play.
As someone who can say theyve played both sides enough, Its definitely killer. A single killer fuckup can cost a gen, sometimes two. A single survivor ######### up costs 1 health state usually, and then theres 3 hook states, and (while I dont use them) theres the exhaustion perks that can give one more chance.
After 2000 hours I don't think playing killer is that stressful anymore.
On the other hand playing survivor gets worse with every update. You are more and more reliant on your teammates and because matchmaking and ranking system suck, teammates are getting worse every month.
If nothing changes soon, solo survivor can become way more stressful than playing killer.
After playing killer for ~1k hours I rarely get stressed playing. Solo Queue on the other hand is a nightmare, since relying on randoms will almost never turn out fine. I do understand the frustrations of playing killer though.
It's insane how much impact one killer mistake can have on the match.
You slightly misjudge one swing, they get to a strong vault, you get looped for an extra 15 seconds, and now everyone, including the person you are chasing is healed and out the exit gates because not ending chase earlier allowed their team to pop Adrenaline.
Depending on the map I can have a phone conversation while playing survivor and still run certain tiles till the Killer has to kick the pallet. Next
I voted both but have since changed my opinion to killer. As survivor you can twist and turn, hide, run or vault to avoid your killer. Now it's not so great to be on the receiving end of that. You can come so close to hitting a survivor and then they just turn around and run directly at you and you're shocked so you swing but you've missed and next thing you know the exit gates are open and you've been utterly defeated.
I wanted to pick killer, but accidentaly clicked on survivor.
Killer, for sure.
Both.
As a killer is stressful when you're using someone you're not used or being bullied, being reliant to survivor mistakes is something that doesn't make a better experience, is not chess, it's a game where you're the brutal, merciless killer for God's sake.
As a survivor being reliant in your so-called teammates or sabotaged by them is stressful as well. Being camped or tunneled when you are the first survivor it's stressful as well, I mean, you did nothing in the entire match, what's the point to be there? I can understand under certain circumstances like three people attempting a rescue but please.
Even if you pressure the map/chase if they are a coordinated group you will be outplayed as well.
Same and I'm the one who made this.
Neither, the game is almost balanced, and both sides are fun for me, I like killer more though.
Solo survivor is stressful because it can feel like your teammates are working with the killer instead of each other. Killer stressful if you're up against good team with weak killer.
Survivor can be stressful, especially with a crappy team, but compared to the Killer they have downtime. Killers do not have any downtime and if they do, they have already lost.
Survivors have tons of downtime and more room for error.
Both have their own stresses. Killers it is more prominent, in that you always have to be going 100% all the time, where as in survivor you have to worry about if people will actually help you and limited resource management within items.
I'm just better at killer
I'm terrible at killer, but I find it more stressful at times to be survivor. Depending what type of group you get, the comments afterwards base on your play style can be extremely toxic. It is great to come across kind killers and kind survivors. :0)
Playing as Survivor you just chill and hold m1 for like 80% of the match, and you have so much leeway to recover from mistakes its not even funny.
Playing as Killer on the other hand you need to constantly juggle a dozen different things at a time, essentially be in multiple places at once, and even a minor screw-up can cost you the game.
It really depends. If im playing as a killer i dont play much against high rank survivors then i get more stressed. But if im a survivor it depends on which killer it is,if they have a mori,if they tunnel/camp,and if my fellow survivors just randomly dc after being hit once.
I mean if a survivor dcs at the start of the match it is harder for other survivors. If theres 4 gens left,1 dc,and 1 hooked your kinda ######### especially if your newer to the game.
That's an irregularity, not a part of normal gameplay. People arent supposed to DC, and it should be more heavily punished.