instead of another chapter with bugs and bad perks, can we get map reworks instead?

Cowshed, Ormond, Haddonfield, Midwich, are the absolute worst maps in the game for varying reasons.

While I could understand why the latter 2 cant be changed easily, ormond and cowshed have no excuse, both sides know they are a nightmare for any killer, having super safe, unmindgame-able loops chained around the entire map, its horrible and it blows my mind they have gone unchanged this long

I know there are other bad maps, but these take the cake

Comments

  • Nope cause they dont get any money from qol updates.

    They did how ever say that there was 2 teams working simultaneously one team working on new stuff and one team on reworking old stuff.

  • I mean, we are getting map reworks right now with probably every major update. They don’t only update the graphics/assets but also add breakable walls etc.

  • @Mooks said:

    I mean, we are getting map reworks right now with probably every major update. They don’t only update the graphics/assets but also add breakable walls etc.

    these maps need changing from the ground-up, adding a breakable wall does nothing for how loops can spawn connected around the entire map

    loop into jungle gym into 4 lane into shack into jungle gym around and around

    good game

  • The word "rework" worries me with this game. Lately when they try to rework something it feels like it was a secret way of saying "nerf" But I agree id rather have more bug fixes instead of more chapters. Like someone already mentioned, they don't make more money with bug fixes.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630607#Comment_1630607

    these maps need changing from the ground-up, adding a breakable wall does nothing for how loops can spawn connected around the entire map

    loop into jungle gym into 4 lane into shack into jungle gym around and around

    good game

    You don’t know how much they will actually change for those mentioned maps though.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    Cowshed, Ormond, Haddonfield, Midwich, are the absolute worst maps in the game for varying reasons.

    While I could understand why the latter 2 cant be changed easily, ormond and cowshed have no excuse, both sides know they are a nightmare for any killer, having super safe, unmindgame-able loops chained around the entire map, its horrible and it blows my mind they have gone unchanged this long

    I know there are other bad maps, but these take the cake

    Well they are slightly adjusting maps that they update. That's not very promising though because they managed to make badham even more survivor sided.

    If you look on the updated maps, pallet loops have been changed and walls have been added in. Hopefully they do more to the more disgraceful maps.

  • Mother's Dwelling is still absurdly gigantic while i'm a Killer with little to no mobility.

  • I´d add certain old loop designs commonly found on other maps into the mix. Everything involving cars is usually braindead easy as Survivor and feels kinda dumb.

    A game health chapter is every DBD players wet dream. I´m sure there are a lot of people who would even be willing to skip 2-3 chapters worth of content just for the game to get properly optimised and bug ridden.

    We will never get it though. I can even understand BHVR, they want to push content to make more money. It´s a business after all.