DS Punishes Well-Performing Killers

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I don’t like the way DS is balanced and used right now. The perk is more-or-less intended to be an anti-tunnel perk, which I think is a good addition to the game. Unfortunately it’s being used offensively (in my matches at least) as a “screw you, I’m invulnerable for 60 seconds” especially when combo’d with Unbreakable.

I’ve had a few games lately in which I hook a survivor, hook one or two people after that, and STILL manage to get hit with a first’s DS. I’m clearly not tunneling, but I am snowballing. This perk should not counter a killer doing well.

I think DS should be reworked into a true anti-tunneling perk. Scott Jund’s idea at 5:25 for this fixes the perk while maintaining its strength. (https://youtu.be/v_vLlMdu1Sc)

Basically DS’s timer would be 30 seconds, but it would not go down in a chase; however, it deactivates if you begin progress on a generator—when you’re not being tunneled.

Survivors would be able to keep DS after 60 seconds if they’re being chased (which is still tunneling), and killers would no longer get hit with it when they’re not actively trying to tunnel someone.

Comments

1 2 ›